• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL 2016 SUICIDE DRAFT

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.............at least B agrees with me on EE. That's 1/6th of the league.................lol....plus I have Charles in the top 10 this year so there is that..........

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be brief- just present the highlights.
I think draft #1 overall in this format is a nice advantage. You get your #1 overall and at each turn you get back to back picks which allows you to "catch up" if things start to get away from you. The positions of import in this fomat imo- RB, WR, QB and later DST, so this is where I concentrated. I took my TE and K in the last two rounds- and that is all the time we are going to spend on that.

RB- Le'Veon (1) and Dion Lewis (5) come with some injury risk but their upside is fabulous. Mitigated the injury risk for Bell with the DeAngelo pick (9). Lewis showed me something last year until his injury. Ivory (7) is just bye week I hope.

WR- DeMarius Thomas (2) and Brandon Cooks (3) filled my top two WR slots. Niether are ideal but the top 10 WRs were already off the board. There were 2 or 3 WRs drafted later in round 3 that would have been just as good. If I was to do it over I might have grabbed Benjamin instead of Cooks. Tyler Lockett (6) was a target. Fast and good hands should translate to even better results in second year. Travis Benjamin (10) and Terrance Williams (12) should provide quality depth.

QB- Used a 4th round pick to grab Russell Wilson in line with the importance I place on QB in this format (nice stack with Lockett). When Romo's injury dropped him to 11th round I could not rsist. I like these two QBs.

DST- I had Carolina's DST ranked 3rd this year so was very happy they were there in 8th round (5th DST off the board). I remember how dominant they were in the Super Bowl even though Denver's DST got all the pub.

At the end of a draft I normally feel good and no exception this time. But only time will tell.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think of it until after i started drafting, but i probably would have lined up all the positions i don't plan on drafting a backups for's bye weeks with my starting QBs bye (all week 9 since i took Brady) Kicker, DST, maybe TE

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think of it until after i started drafting, but i probably would have lined up all the positions i don't plan on drafting a backups for's bye weeks with my starting QBs bye (all week 9 since i took Brady) Kicker, DST, maybe TE
That's usually what I do but it just didn't work out for me this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I try to do that too, but I had Gronk at week 9 and felt that the Beat available DST was not nearly as safe as the Hawks. I think it is very important to land a safe and good defense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my reaches and steals by round:

Reaches:
1- Elliot by Sam: not saying this was a bad pick, but it will literally make or break Sam. I think it is a little bat guanoish to pass on a guy like Antonio Brown for a rookie RB.
2- none: pretty much by the book here, but I think Forte was the closest thing.
3- Freeman by Foot: not because it was a bad value, but because it was Foot's 3rd RB in a 2 RB league. No trading here folks!
4- Baldwin by Treff: all accounts suggest Seattle will be throwing less often. Baldwin is a good player, but I think there were many WRs on board with more upside.
5- Ajayi by Barilko: this backfield is too unsettled for me. I prefer pretty much all of the next 6 backs selected.
6- none
7- DGB by Monkey: he has upside, but I think he is a little risky for round 7.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Premature post!

Reaches continued:

8- Gordon by Lefty: Injury and situation questions. It could work, but is very risky
9- Josh Gordon: easily the biggest reach of the draft. Foot could have had him in round 14 for sure and it would have been a reach there too.
10- none
11- none
12- Graham by Monkey: tough to call Jimmy Graham a reach here, but he is Monkey's only TE and is likely to miss multiple weeks to start the year.
13- none
14- Fuller by Foot- it is not so much the player as it is the position. Depth is important here and selecting 7 WRs means you have none at other positions. Fuller and Gordon seem like wasted picks to me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best values:

1- Antonio Brown by Joe: landing Brown at 6 is insane. I would have taken him at 1 in this format.
2- none: everyone pretty much went where they should.
3- Freeman by Foot- yes, he was the biggest reach also. Great value, IMO, not a good fit for Foot's roster.
4- Reed by Foot: injury risk, yes, but the only TE capable of matching Gronk when on the field.
5- decker by Ram: assuming Fitz ends up in NY, this is a steal.
6- Landry by Lefty: love Landry as a safe WR3
7- broncos d by Foot: elite D's play in this format
8- Jennings by Sam: Jennings looks like the clear starter in NY for now. Good value here.
9- Brady by TKO: this pick will look great if Brady's suspension gets reduced. It will still be okay even if it doesn't.
10- manning by Monkey: I like NY's passing offense this year
11- Shepard by me: see above
12- Sims by Joe: excellent pick. Sims is a safe back who plays well as a bye week filler.
13- haushka by Lefty: kickers are important here, and Lefty got an elite one here.
14- Snead by Lefty: another great value. Probably the best player on the board for 3 rounds.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the posts by Treff and tlance on the reaches, etc. Keep 'em coming guys.

Gonna go a different route myself (for this forum).
I'll give you my sneaky pick and leaky pick for each team.

Fuzz
Sneaky - LeVeon. Seemed others thought you would gravitate to Gurley with pick #1. You didn't.
Leaky - Lockett. I don't care what his hype/potential is. He's on one of the worst passing teams and Carroll says he still wants to focus on the run in the post Lynch era.

Sam
Sneaky - TY Hilton. Underrated IMO and with Luck back, he should shine.
Leaky - Emmanuel Sanders. QB situation is a mess.

TKO
Sneaky - Frank Gore. Ageless but productive. Again, with Luck back, some lanes may get wider for him.
Leaky - Ertz. Just because you already had Walker at TE.

Foot
Sneaky - Steve Smith Sr. Another old guy (& small) yet all he does is catch passes.
Leaky - Every receiver you picked after vomit king Smith (5 of 'em).

Monkey
Sneaky - Matt Jones. Had him all queued up.
Leaky - I think you know (TE). Moral of the story: don't do 2 drafts at the same time.

Joe
Sneaky - got some posts for Sims late. So I'll take that.
Leaky - got grief for Yeldon. I think you guys are wrong about him.

Barilko
Sneaky - you ticked a lot of people off with your Kelvin Benjamin pick.
Leaky - drafting the Rams as your 2nd D/ST.

Lefty
Sneaky - Landry. I think he's underrated. You already know how I feel about Snead too.
Leaky - Not crazy about Barnidge. Might be a 1-year wonder IMO.

Chef
Sneaky - Eddie Lacy. I'm buying the BSOHL hype.
Leaky - Kendall Wright. I had him last year. Pray he never has to leave your bench.

tlance
Sneaky - Carlos in Chip Kelly's offense.
Leaky - Corey Coleman rookie love, blah!

Ram
Sneaky - Randall Cobb late in the 3rd. He was a 2nd rounder last season (I think).
Leaky - Kevin White was too early (top of the 6th). No NFL snaps.

Treff
Sneaky - Crabtree. Should put up solid numbers in one of the few NFL offenses that didn't change in the off-season.
Leaky - by default VJax. I just see him regressing.

View attachment 120202

Last edited:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, Snatchez didn't do too bad with the Iggles............I'm hoping he latches on to the guy who drops the least amount of passes, and I'm hoping it's Sanders.........

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaky - Lockett. I don't care what his hype/potential is. He's on one of the worst passing teams and Carroll says he still wants to focus on the run in the post Lynch era.
Joe- If you are right, I might have to go with the Romo/Williams stack instead of the Wilson/Lockett stack.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, Snatchez didn't do too bad with the Iggles............I'm hoping he latches on to the guy who drops the least amount of passes, and I'm hoping it's Sanders.........
I had to pick someone Sammy. Who would you have picked from your team?
Joe- If you are right, I might have to go with the Romo/Williams stack instead of the Wilson/Lockett stack.
That's the thing. When am I right?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll man up and take the shots on Gordon (8th) and even Barnidge (12th) ..... but if you consider ADP's - both were actually 'bargains'. ..... however, this is MBBRL so the criteria is much higher than in the rest of the world ..... I really love the draft and critics every year. It is a wonderful gauge going into the regular season drafts. You guys are the best. ..... :suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...I think you are right about my Wright. I was pretty much 'bleh' when I picked him. ;)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Joe I was hoping last years injury to Keenan would drop him to 4 where I took Sanders. Was supposed to be LMurray but he were gone.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I think you are right about my Wright. I was pretty much 'bleh' when I picked him. ;)
Had to press Wright into service last year when I lost Jordy Nelson. I may have won some games if I would have left Wright on the bench. JK
But seriously, Wright didn't do diddly.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Joe I was hoping last years injury to Keenan would drop him to 4 where I took Sanders. Was supposed to be LMurray but he were gone.
Allen played half a season (8 games) and had over 700 yards. Was on pace for over 1400 yards. Over 90 yards a game.
Plus I think his QB is vastly underrated. The last 3 years, only 4 QB average more passing yards per game than Rivers. And only 3 QB average more TD per season.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am at least going to give the Wilson/Lockett stack a chance before I abandon my original plan.:nod::thumb: