• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL 2016 SUICIDE DRAFT

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I think his QB is vastly underrated. The last 3 years, only 4 QB average more passing yards per game than Rivers. And only 3 QB average more TD per season.
But he is so irratating.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I'm old. I was there. No, seriously I was really there. It was hot as hell. I think they said there was over 200K peeps there. It was hot. I am old. Good night guise.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was here too. It was fun. Oh, and really hot too. I guess it has taken me 30+ years to ask: For 2 supposedly smart ass fucks, why would "The Steves" put on a concert in the middle of nowhere in the middle of summer? It used to be called Glenn Helen Park, but they changed the name.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has been hated in Denver for years. but I do like his game.
I've always liked him. Love the fire, the heart he had. And even when he comes off as juvenile, he's still not over in a corner pouting, he's in his teammates faces, calling them out, correcting their wrongs, doing what leaders do. He's just a little more public with it than most would prefer.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was here too. It was fun. Oh, and really hot too. I guess it has taken me 30+ years to ask: For 2 supposedly smart ass fucks, why would "The Steves" put on a concert in the middle of nowhere in the middle of summer? It used to be called Glenn Helen Park, but they changed the name.

I was 8 and 7 for those 2 events :)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the line up for the first one. I stayed for the first 2 days. Had to leave. Because it was hot. Honestly, Day three bands sucked floppies so we left. And it was hot.

Friday, September 3 Gang of Four The Ramones The English Beat Oingo Boingo The B-52's Talking Heads The Police
Saturday, September 4 Dave Edmunds Eddie Money Santana The Cars The Kinks Pat Benatar Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Sunday, September 5 Breakfast with the Grateful Dead | The Grateful Dead Jerry Jeff Walker Hoyt Axton Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band Jackson Browne Fleetwood Mac

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the line up for the second one. Damn, it was hot. We were there for the first 2 days. Really regret not staying for the third day and somebody would have to tie me up to a chair to get me to stay for the fourth day. The Divinyls were actually pretty cool. Chrissy had a meltdown on stage doing this song and now you can't see it on You tube..........but you can in other countries I guess......

Saturday, May 28 (New Wave Day)

Sunday, May 29 (Heavy Metal Day)
Monday, May 30 (Rock Day)
Saturday June 4th (Country Day)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, one last thing before we get back to football..................I am old, but not like Joe or Lefty old.............just wanted to make that clear.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to pick someone Sammy. Who would you have picked from your team?

That's the thing. When am I right?

I am honestly a little shocked not to see more rookies on your leaky side knowing how you feel about them.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookies have their place.
If you're drafting them late for depth, or because of their potential/situation, I understand.
But if you're drafting them as your starters, swinging for the fences, count me out.

Best concert I ever saw hands down was Queen. Everything, the lights, the music, the vibe - awesome.
Most fun I had at a concert was Cheap Trick outdoors, especially after the food fight broke out.
Van Halen and Rush were always quality shows.
One group I regret not seeing live in their heyday: Aerosmith

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugghhh..headed to the airport, vacation in paradise is over. But one thing to look forward to. .the 5.5hr flight to LA where I'll finally get to sit down and critique everyone's teams/picks

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of Rookies i saw Rush for the first time in 1975 they opened a triple bill with Nazareth on 2nd and 1 of my all time favourite Guitarists

Rory Gallagher

741101review.jpg

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 60 so I am older too. I grew up in the Aspen Valley in Colorado when things were a little loose. I have a pin that says "I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands". I went to a lot of concerts in the '70s- I can't remember all that I went to and some that I did go to are a little fuzzy. Some of the highlights:
-Crosby, Stills Nash and Young at Mile Hi Stadium general admission on the field, 20 feet from the stage.
-Rolling Stones
-Pink Floyd for their Dark side of the Moon concert
-Black Sabbath in 1973 when Ozzie was still coherent
-Eric Clapton
-Bob Dillon while he was still accustic
-Led Zeplin
-Stevie Ray Vaghn
-George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers
-REO Speedwagon
-ZZ Top
-Leon Russell, Johnny and Edgar Winter
-Jimmy Buffett

My all time favorite would have to be the 5th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival in 1977- 3 day event (this year will be 45th annual). Went with 10 guys with 4 wheel drive vehicles and we camped on the mountain overlooking the venue (can't do that anymore). Oh and by the way, I met my wife that weekend and we married 5 years later.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookies have their place.
If you're drafting them late for depth, or because of their potential/situation, I understand.
But if you're drafting them as your starters, swinging for the fences, count me out.

Best concert I ever saw hands down was Queen. Everything, the lights, the music, the vibe - awesome.
Most fun I had at a concert was Cheap Trick outdoors, especially after the food fight broke out.
Van Halen and Rush were always quality shows.
One group I regret not seeing live in their heyday: Aerosmith
very cool Joe

i cant pinpoint the best just too many
i have seen hundreds of shows
prob close to a thousand
glad to know you boys love/d your music as well

im certainly a monster Rush fan tremendous live show their use of modern technology is incredible and they up the anti every tour im guessing i have seen them 12 to 14 times
and the sound from a 3 man band...

i was lucky enough to see Aerosmith in their prime

Van Halen as well on their first 2 full blown North American tours

Cheap Trick rolled through Montreal many times first as an opener and then a headliner

Ill tell ya one band that were monsters here before they became household names

your own Styx
on the tour when they normally played small theaters and clubs they headlined a very sold out Montreal Forum
The band was totally shocked to the response they received up here

as for outdoors wow tough one here are 3 of my faves

U2 - Zoo Tv Outside Broadcast Sept 05 1992 Toronto

Rock Circus- Edmonton Summer 1980 at Commonwealth Stadium (where the Eskimos play)
Chuck Berrry-Ian Hunter/Ronson-Foreigner-Warren Zevon-Prism(Canadian band) Toronto(Canadian band)

The Silver Clef Award Winners Concert - June 30th 1990 - Knebworth England

Status Quo-Phil Collins solo and with Genesis- Robert Plant with guest Jimmy Page-Cliff Richards and the Shadows-Tears For Fears-Dire Straits-Elton John-Paul McCartney-Eric Clapton-Pink Floyd

1975-knebworth.jpg

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugghhh..headed to the airport, vacation in paradise is over. But one thing to look forward to. .the 5.5hr flight to LA where I'll finally get to sit down and critique everyone's teams/picks
and i cant wait

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 60 so I am older too. I grew up in the Aspen Valley in Colorado when things were a little loose. I have a pin that says "I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands". I went to a lot of concerts in the '70s- I can't remember all that I went to and some that I did go to are a little fuzzy. Some of the highlights:
-Crosby, Stills Nash and Young at Mile Hi Stadium general admission on the field, 20 feet from the stage.
-Rolling Stones
-Pink Floyd for their Dark side of the Moon concert
-Black Sabbath in 1973 when Ozzie was still coherent
-Eric Clapton
-Bob Dillon while he was still accustic
-Led Zeplin
-Stevie Ray Vaghn
-George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers
-REO Speedwagon
-ZZ Top
-Leon Russell, Johnny and Edgar Winter
-Jimmy Buffett

My all time favorite would have to be the 5th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival in 1977- 3 day event (this year will be 45th annual). Went with 10 guys with 4 wheel drive vehicles and we camped on the mountain overlooking the venue (can't do that anymore). Oh and by the way, I met my wife that weekend and we married 5 years later.
awesome