• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew WORST drafter by WIDE margin

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support the home team against any outside fan base.

I posses the rare ability to remain friends with fans of other teams. My buddy Pete is a Bears fan, my bro in law is a Bears fan and my other bro in law is a Vikings fan. Father in law and brothers in law on wife's side are all Patriots fans.

I don't always agree with them all, but I don't need to ignore any of them to live happily.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years later you're still blaming Millen, and excusing Mayhew.

I guess I'm not surprised by anything you guys say anymore.

You are using an analytical breakdown of a time period that's based on 90% Millen and 10% Mayhew to bash Mayhew. What do you expect? That's like me saying the Dolphins can't build a team around a great DT because they couldn't even build one around a HOF quarterback.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are using an analytical breakdown of a time period that's based on 90% Millen and 10% Mayhew to bash Mayhew. What do you expect? That's like me saying the Dolphins can't build a team around a great DT because they couldn't even build one around a HOF quarterback.

Millen said himself he was talked into picks by Mayhew. And even then, no one needs the Millen years to see how bad Mayhew is at drafting.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posses the rare ability to remain friends with fans of other teams. My buddy Pete is a Bears fan, my bro in law is a Bears fan and my other bro in law is a Vikings fan. Father in law and brothers in law on wife's side are all Patriots fans.

I don't always agree with them all, but I don't need to ignore any of them to live happily.

I got family too that are fans of other teams... mostly I'm on the other side of the fence because their fans of MSU.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got family too that are fans of other teams... mostly I'm on the other side of the fence because their fans of MSU.

Same. Wife and all cousins are State fans. I grew up a huge MI fan. We find ways to co exist without ignoring each other. Crazy, I know.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millen said himself he was talked into picks by Mayhew. And even then, no one needs the Millen years to see how bad Mayhew is at drafting.

Millen said he was blamed for everything that happened in Detroit. Which wasn't true because he was only blamed for was shipwrecking the Lions.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millen said he was blamed for everything that happened in Detroit. Which wasn't true because he was only blamed for was shipwrecking the Lions.

Mayhew served as VP beginning in 2004. But somehow he gets a free pass from some fans. I guess they're assuming he just sat there for 6 years and did nothing?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a GM in the league will be 100% accurate.

But it's as if Mayhew isn't even in the same league as others. The trades he has orchestrated go under the radar. Getting LeShoure and Best turned to be awful trades, As well as giving anything for a Jacksonville WR that sucked.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Wife and all cousins are State fans. I grew up a huge MI fan. We find ways to co exist without ignoring each other. Crazy, I know.

As long as MSU is doing better than UofM then their okay.. otherwise it's the middle finger type of attitude and I don't need to say anything.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew served as VP beginning in 2004. But somehow he gets a free pass from some fans. I guess they're assuming he just sat there for 6 years and did nothing?

GM is just like the Head Coach or Quarterback... cut the head off not the tail.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever responds when I ask, but I'll ask again anyway, When was Mayhew first hired by the Lions to be part of the front office? Or better yet, to be a part of the franchise in general? (As I don't know his initial role/title.)

It's a serious question, that is important to my on going opinion of MMII as an executive.

I don't know the answer, but I do know that it isn't when he took over as Vice President.

Thank you in advance to the person, or persons who knowledgify me.
What kind of person relies on others to do research for them?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Millen said that he was talked out of Ware, but there are have been many other reports over the years that he was a fly by the seat of his pants GM that would get a whim and completely disregard the scouting staff.

Here is why I don't blame Mayhew for the Millen years. Millen took over a 9-7 team. They never had a winning season after he took the helm. Mayhew took over an 0-16 and we just had our second playoff appearance in his tenure. He obviously wasn't the reason that we were miserably bad for that decade.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to admit. Blaming Millen is old at this point. Like Obama still blaming Bush for shit like 8 years ago.

We have been to the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years. No wins. Dude has an eye for drafting lineman but sucks huge donkey poo poo at drafting skill players. I'm hoping he picks all lineman or CB this year.

2015 is the return of Ebron and intro for M. Gordon.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a GM in the league will be 100% accurate.

But it's as if Mayhew isn't even in the same league as others. The trades he has orchestrated go under the radar. Getting LeShoure and Best turned to be awful trades, As well as giving anything for a Jacksonville WR that sucked.
Say his name, say his name....if no one is around you.