• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew: Megatron Merits Multi-Millions

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of article, IMO, below

But despite missing those five games, and being limited in a few other games due to injury, Johnson’s 6,214 receiving yards since 2011 (the last four seasons) are the most in NFL history over a four-year span. He is also the only player to record 6,000 receiving yards over a four-year span.

“Sometimes guys get injured,” Mayhew said. “It’s not a big concern for me. He’s another guy who’s tough. He gets out there and he plays. There was one game this year, I think it was Buffalo, he gutted it out. This guy goes to war every week.”

Johnson recorded his fifth-straight 1,000-yard season, despite missing those three games this past season. In 119 career games, Johnson holds the NFL all-time record for receiving yards per game at 87.4.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just need a few more data points before I can decide if Dr. Evil-er is a fan of Mayhew or Lewand. Stop being so ambiguous ya bastard!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just need a few more data points before I can decide if Dr. Evil-er is a fan of Mayhew or Lewand. Stop being so ambiguous ya bastard!

I will try to be more clear going forward.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Calvin is going to have to be restructured or we won't have enough money to sign Suh. Of course He's worth a lot of money, he's worth maybe even more than he's getting, but for Mayhew to say he's not worried about the future cap hits, he's being disingenuous. If he's not concerned with it now, he definately will be when the cap hits climb.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players sign deal based upon what they will do during the length of the contract.

Good teams don't pay guys for what they did years ago.

Although the 4 year period Johnson put together was great I can't see him duplicating those numbers and should not be paid as if he will.

If their were no salary cap I would say great as a career Lion Johnson deserves whatever he gets. But as a 30+ year old receiver that has battled injuries the last 2 years you pay him market value.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Calvin is going to have to be restructured or we won't have enough money to sign Suh. Of course He's worth a lot of money, he's worth maybe even more than he's getting, but for Mayhew to say he's not worried about the future cap hits, he's being disingenuous. If he's not concerned with it now, he definately will be when the cap hits climb.
I can see why he's not worried though.

MM saw first hand what the other MM had to do in order to get fired. He completely stripped a franchise of as much talent as possible. (Aside from CJ and a handful of others.) Hard to see Mayhew being in jeopardy of losing his job no matter how much he fucks the Lions longterm. So long as there are franchise players, willing to stay.

Im on board with Staff being restructured/extended. But not Calvin.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Mayhew doesn't have a clue. Both SB teams have neither a #1 or #2 WR.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He completely stripped a franchise of as much talent as possible. (Aside from CJ and a handful of others.)

I know, right? Millen would trade a player as soon as they were tagged with "Pro Bowler" so he didn't have to deal with the high contract demands from that player. Millen is Dr Evil-er's kind of President/GM by taking the easy way out instead of moving money around to keep and add talent. NO guts, NO glory!!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Mayhew doesn't have a clue. Both SB teams have neither a #1 or #2 WR.

The Patriots have a top 3 QB of all time, the Seahawks have Marshawn Lynch and pay less than 1 million for a probowl QB. While it is nice to say neither team has a true number 1 WR, it kinda focuses in on small part of a much bigger picture.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert, what do you know about the UTES CB/S Eric Rowe. Would you give us some insight as to whether he has any upside at CB or even S ?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert, what do you know about the UTES CB/S Eric Rowe. Would you give us some insight as to whether he has any upside at CB or even S ?

Year after year the Utes front 7 is awesome, and the secondary gets torched. Once it gets to the draft though, the db's get drafted and the front 7 goes untouched. I think Utah gets athletes for the back field, but they don't become football players until after they reach the NFL.

That being said, I don't think Rowe was targeted that often because the other side was weak. Rowe is not afraid to tackle in run support and I think he would be fine as either CB or S, but it might take a bit of time for him to get there. Similar to Sean Smith, who put it together for his second team.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is also only fair to point out I REALLY hate the coach and that negativity probably spreads through what I think of the players. LPinSLC might have a completely different view then me on it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im on board with Staff being restructured/extended. But not Calvin.

Agree here. I am not big on pushing money back though. CJ would just kill us down the road much like a 9 million hit for Suh this year. Stafford will be here for7-10 more years. So restructuring him is most logical IMO. So surely means CJ gets it instead.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree here. I am not big on pushing money back though. CJ would just kill us down the road much like a 9 million hit for Suh this year. Stafford will be here for7-10 more years. So restructuring him is most logical IMO. So surely means CJ gets it instead.
Less than 48 hours, Im calling it.

Mayhew will not let me down. (Well... On the callin' it part....)