• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mavs @ Ws

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking shitshow that game was. 9 minutes without a FG? Missed layups, missed FTs, horrific interior D?

I've noticed a disturbing pattern with Avi since Bogut has come back -- he's completely forgotten how to play defense. He was TORCHED by Marion and Wright tonight.

This has GOT to get better if they want to do damage in the playoffs.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very frustrating win.

I'm trying hard to hold back on judging this team until they have their starting lineup healthy and playing together for a few weeks. Still, they looked slow tonight against a relatively slow team. Not good.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Very ugly. The only positive is that last year, they would've pissed that game away. A win is a win, and they only need 21 more to clinch a playoff berth, in my opinion. If that happens, no one will remember this game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In David Lee's defense, he's had to alter his rotations and generally how he plays defense due to Bogut's return. Ezeli and Biedrins generally show higher on the pick and rolls, and Bogut tends to play back a bit further (probably due to a lower amount of mobility). David has been rotating towards the middle to give help, when it's not needed. As such his man has been roaming more freely towards the middle and opposite post. This is troublesome since Bogut does not show high, it forces the guards to help out high and leaves the low post offensive man without a defender to rotate on him.

I think the defensive adjustments are going to take a few more games to get in sync with. Lee is a smart player and will adjust accordingly.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In David Lee's defense, he's had to alter his rotations and generally how he plays defense due to Bogut's return. Ezeli and Biedrins generally show higher on the pick and rolls, and Bogut tends to play back a bit further (probably due to a lower amount of mobility). David has been rotating towards the middle to give help, when it's not needed. As such his man has been roaming more freely towards the middle and opposite post. This is troublesome since Bogut does not show high, it forces the guards to help out high and leaves the low post offensive man without a defender to rotate on him.

I think the defensive adjustments are going to take a few more games to get in sync with. Lee is a smart player and will adjust accordingly.

Outstanding post. I agree that Avi is having difficulty adjusting to Bogut. He will likely figure it out. That said, his rebounding and scoring have not suffered at all.