• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos@Rams Post-Game Analysis: Rams Win 22-7

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the replay again on NFL Live on ESPN today and no matter which angle you look at McCleod did not lead with his head and he hit Sanders in the shoulder with his upper arm/shoulder. McCleod basically ran through Sanders and flattened him. The freakin' refs just couldn't let it go. When MacDonald walloped another receiver later in the game, there was no flag because again it was a clean hammer hit!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, yes it was a legal hit, but as you stated, watching a reply you can clearly see it was legal. Unfortunately in real time at that refs angle, it was a pretty vicious hit and probably did look like his helmet hit his. It was a borderline call in real time that I wouldn't want to make.

And it was agains "Sanders"

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed, that is why I thought Fisher should have thrown the review flag immediately but he stood on the sidelines with a stunned look on his face. That is what the whole replay apparatus is for is to slow the game down to catch what many fail to catch in real time.

Smed. I sent you a PM about the 50+club. Check your inbox.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed, that is why I thought Fisher should have thrown the review flag immediately but he stood on the sidelines with a stunned look on his face. That is what the whole replay apparatus is for is to slow the game down to catch what many fail to catch in real time.

I'm not real sure you can review that play, I don't know:noidea:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm... you know personal fouls are not reviewable, right?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being facetious Caynine. I was hoping for Fisher to make a bigger stink than he did. I guess that didn't come through on the computer. I'll try to be more clear next time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the replay again on NFL Live on ESPN today and no matter which angle you look at McCleod did not lead with his head and he hit Sanders in the shoulder with his upper arm/shoulder. McCleod basically ran through Sanders and flattened him. The freakin' refs just couldn't let it go. When MacDonald walloped another receiver later in the game, there was no flag because again it was a clean hammer hit!!

What about hitting a "defenseless receiver"? Is that still a penalty these days? It doesn't seem to get referenced much, as everything is about the helmet these days.

Also, there was a illegal contact penalty on the play as well. It was going to be an automatic first down regardless, just a matter of how many penalty yards were given.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the head honcho ref back in New York, that defenseless receiver penalty was the initiator of the flag and teh concern of the refs at the time. They tacked on teh personal foul part of it for what reason, I don't know. Right now I am thinking along the lines of Jack Lambert. Geez, put dresses on some of these guys. But after thinking about Darryl Stingley and Jack Tatum, I suppose you have to be careful with the pretty boys.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never, ever be on board that whole "defenseless receiver" nonsense. It's horseshit. I mean... what are these guys supposed to do? Stand there and watch receivers catch the ball?

How is one player any more "defenseless" than another? Are they going to legislate out blindside QB sacks, or tackling a RB because one of his linemen missed a block? Please.

If McLeod doesn't destroy Emmanuel Sanders on that play, odds are its a highlight reel catch for Denver, a huge first down and possible momentum shifter. I could see if he speared the guy, but this was a 100% clean hit and I applaud him for it.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never, ever be on board that whole "defenseless receiver" nonsense. It's horseshit. I mean... what are these guys supposed to do? Stand there and watch receivers catch the ball?

How is one player any more "defenseless" than another? Are they going to legislate out blindside QB sacks, or tackling a RB because one of his linemen missed a block? Please.

If McLeod doesn't destroy Emmanuel Sanders on that play, odds are its a highlight reel catch for Denver, a huge first down and possible momentum shifter. I could see if he speared the guy, but this was a 100% clean hit and I applaud him for it.

I totally agree:agree: as you said, I suppose they are suppose to let them catch the ball before they are allowed to hit or tackle them. As many flags that they are throwing, ,maybe they should just go to flag football, then everyone can be safe, and no one will get hurt!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLeod will not get a fine for that hit, as he shouldn't.