• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mavs salary cap situation......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of right now the mavs have 43 mil on the payroll for next year 2013/2014.....counting marion

and on the books for 2014/2015.......2.2 mil ......some teams are going to be cutting players to get under cap

i think a healthy dirk....howard/paul will win one before dirk calls it quits

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dirk took the summer off after the 'ship......everyone knows this

then he had some knee troubles......a healthy/motivated dirk with paul/howard(maybe both????) and that kind of capspace......holy crap

:clap:

anybody that called cuban dumb for how he went about managing his "eldery" championship team doesnt know much.......

lets not forget he did offer chandler a 1 year 20 mil contract....thats not chump change

also would like to add.....that 4 mil of that next year is mayo's "player option"....so he will probably opt out and we have 39 mil on the books next year

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the mavs have 39 mil (minus mayo).... then if they choose they can amnesty marions 10 mil or so and that drops us too 30 mil.......howard and paul is doable....with lots of money left for bench and supporting cast after dirks pay-cut

i am guessing dirk drops down to about 3/25.......if not more,already said he will take "drastic" pay cut and his salary will not get in the way of mavs signing players

also has already made 200 mil from mavs and loves dfw/cuban :D

i could be wrong but i am hoping for a great next couple of years with dirk...howard/paul and whoever else

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shit after i looked this stuff up and posted it......i went over to espn/dallas and look what i saw

Mark Cuban has two-year plan to turn Dallas Mavericks into title contenders - ESPN Dallas

The Mavs are trying to return to the heights they experienced with their championship in 2011. Cuban opted against offering long-term deals to Tyson Chandler and other key pieces of that team because he feared having an aging, declining squad with extremely limited options to improve under the new, more restrictive collective bargaining agreement.

It's a path Cuban said he would choose again "in a heartbeat" despite the Mavs' struggles the past two seasons. The pressure is on Cuban and president of basketball Donnie Nelson this summer to take advantage of the financial flexibility created by their controversial decisions.

:D :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the mavs have 39 mil (minus mayo).... then if they choose they can amnesty marions 10 mil or so and that drops us too 30 mil.......howard and paul is doable....with lots of money left for bench and supporting cast after dirks pay-cut

i am guessing dirk drops down to about 3/25.......if not more,already said he will take "drastic" pay cut and his salary will not get in the way of mavs signing players

also has already made 200 mil from mavs and loves dfw/cuban :D

i could be wrong but i am hoping for a great next couple of years with dirk...howard/paul and whoever else

Word is that Dirk and Mark are talking a 2-year extension that would cut Dirk's 2013-14 cap hit to around 12-13M. There is also reports that Marion will opt for Early Termination and then re-sign with the Mavericks for a multi-year deal that reduces his cap hit to around 4M. Mayo has already indicated that he is opting out which reduces the Mavericks cap level by 4+M. They can also release Carter under Stretch Provision of the new CBA and stretch the 3.18M he's owed for the 2013-14 season over the next 3 years.
Probably not all of this will happen but if it did the Mavericks would be around 20M and could make a play for Howard and/or Paul

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we already can offer a max with just mayo leaving.......if they amnesty marion i believe then they can go after both ????

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the salary cap is expected to be 58.5 mil............

so the mavs are at 39 right now with marion(who the mavs are rumored to be asking to take a paycut)

paul can make 18 mil in the first year of the deal......so that is 57 mil

then we just need to do a little financial maneuvering and we will round out the squad.......

and with dirk coming of the books we will then have 40 mil or so to sign other talent(and dirk on the cheap)......:D

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bone, I presume Dallas is doing all of this financial gyrations to make a play for Howard AND Paul? You might get Howard but I am not sure about Paul. Howard may bolt as well as Dallas is getting long on the tooth and he likes a younger team such as Golden State, Houston, or Atlanta where he would like to win a championship. If Howard goes to a younger team, there is a better chance of Paul following Howard there then Dallas.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Al Jefferson would be a great fall back option if Howard goes to Houston. His low post game would play very well with Dirk. Could also see them going after Monta Ellis. I would leave PG alone unless they really had a shot at Rondo. Larkin can play

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I herd that the Mavs were interested in Andrew Bynam if he gets healthy I would love for him to smash dwight howard because to me he seems like more of a force and he can actually hit free throws compared to most centers.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was looking at the team payroll and they are including the 7+M of amnesty money in that $43M. the amnesty money isn't suppose to be counted against the team's cap?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mavs now have about $8m in cap space. At this point, if Bynum is willing, I hope they roll the dice on him or for less on Oden and add another big and bring back Wright. Then use the Room MLE of $2.65m for another big man like Brand or Dalembert.

Bynum/Dalembert/Sarge
Dirk/Wright
Marion/Crowder
Harris/Carter/Ledo
Calderon/Larkin/Mekel

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Cleveland offered 2 years and $24 million for Bynum so we are in bad shape there too. I really don't get signing Calderon and Harris before we had a big man. I would roll the dice on Larkin. At this point, what do you have to lose

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Cleveland offered 2 years and $24 million for Bynum so we are in bad shape there too. I really don't get signing Calderon and Harris before we had a big man. I would roll the dice on Larkin. At this point, what do you have to lose

basically it's a one-year deal at $12M with a team option at $12M for the 2nd year. Cleveland is basically playing numbers game with no intention to pick up the 2nd year. they have already said that they are going all in next off-season on LJ

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum would be worth the risk IMO, his knee trouble is a risk just like Howard's back, as long as you are talking 1 or 2 years. Cuban has done a great job with the team, but the two moves I'm guessing he'd love to have back are letting Nash walk without any compensation and breaking up a championship team to play the futures market

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well now we've lost Larkin to a broken ankle for 2-3 months and by mutual agreement the Mavs and Devin Harris have terminated his 3-year deal due to a broken toe

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any type of prolonged injury to Dirk and the Mavs are the front runner in ping pong balls for Wiggins