• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Stafford

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many easy passes right at the guys feet.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not deflecting his performance at all but I know for a fact he didn't play bad enough to be blamed for the loss. Its funny how things go after a loss and what people think they see. Yesterday, Stafford did hold onto the ball too long on some plays but I think the old Stafford attempts to force some of those throws into coverage. That wasnt bad imo. I also saw him scrambling and throwing the ball away, which accounted for at least 4 of his incompletions. There were a lot of different things going on. I did see a few bad passes also but I dont overreact when that happens because all QBs do that.

You Never said anything remotely close to this yesterday. Most went kicker first then OL and then Stafford and you deflecting to defense and Orton. Protecting Matty...

Would of saved my thumbs a workout.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line fixes it issues and gets them ironed out, then Stafford will play better but Stafford still has to stop being feeling heat when it's not there. You still have to understand, the issues regarding Stafford will probably take this whole season to fix. It's mental memory of past that hinders his progress. Lombardi needs to convince Stafford to relax in the pocket, step up into or move around inside the pocket to buy more time and if that's not available he'll have to start rolling out on occasion to connect with receiver's. I know he isn't considered a roll-out type qb but he sure as hell had quick presence of mind and quick feet on that bootleg to the right side, picking up a 1st down in the waning moments against the Jets to seal the victory. idk

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from TP "What kills me is the weekly over-reaction, especially when we lose a bad one like this. Everyone wants to over-simplify things as if "fire this guy" or "fire that guy" is the sudden answer to winning the game. If the fan base ran this team we'd go through 300 players and 16 coaches a season."

5 weeks in and we've fired two FG kickers. Are the Lions over simplifying by firing them?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That OL gets beat with four in Bills and Jets game. Easy to bitch, need solutions or ideas.

To be fair, bills and jets are bad teams but they are really good the d line. so is Carolina

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, bills and jets are bad teams but they are really good the d line. so is Carolina

To be fair then the Lions should have just as many sacks hurries and knockdowns. After all they got Suh.

Just maybe, maybe they should game plan on extra blockers or something about these bad teams with good a DL. Sure seemed Bills did some preplanning for ours. Executed a decent pass game. Sure they got to him a lot. Just got more than our 3 1st round picks.

Again solutions are better than deflections

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OLine needs better blocking schemes. Harbaugh used the wham block with a high rate of success against the wide 9 and I didn't even see a single attempt.

I agree with the idea of an offense that still has yet to form an identity under a new OC. People don't want hear "excuses," but what about reasons? New offense, poor line play, as well as all of the injuries. Proven QB's in this same scenario and the masses scream for help. Our QB in these scenarios, the masses scream for his head.

Stafford has got to learn to take some off of the dumps to the flats. Touch and accuracy have been an issue his entire career and he will continue to struggle until he puts in work to correct these things.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all we need is a better kicker, better OLine, better weapons, and to be healthy. AND THEN we can see Stafford really shine.

Do you guys realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Best post ever. :10:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad game all around and if problems are not fixed quickly, a Vikings loss will surely happen also. That will hurt them worse than this one did.

I'm not so sure. These are losses good teams and good qb's never allow. They scored 7 points. All game. Period! I'm so tired of hearing that every time Megatron goes out that Stafford gets a free pass. Why can't he win without Megatron? The Lions were at home and the Bills were without Kyle Williams and Nigel Bradham (Their best LB). The defense was flat out dominant. They gave up two big plays, one to Goodwin and another to Watkins in the 4th. Stafford is so inaccurate it's not even funny. The NFL is a passing league and to give up only a couple big plays and still lose is downright embarrassing. I thought he would be better this year with better coaching and more solid mechanics but he looks like the same player he always has.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Stafford to start earning his paycheck. I don't care that CJ is hurt or used as a decoy. Man the fuck up and show us fans what we've expected from you.

That is all.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Stafford defenitely needs to step up and put the whole team on his shoulders. Hopefully Reggie Bush and Bell's sorry asses can chip in a bit also. Not sure why they get a pass, but oh well.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Stafford defenitely needs to step up and put the whole team on his shoulders. Hopefully Reggie Bush and Bell's sorry asses can chip in a bit also. Not sure why they get a pass, but oh well.

Reggie doesn't get a pass. His pretty boy ass needs to hit the damn hole and THEN make his cuts. Dancing in the backfield won't get him anywhere. Just ask Trent Richardson.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been as big of a Stafford supporter as there is, but the dude simply did not play well this weekend. The majority of us have said that the kicker was the primary reason we lost the game, so we're not blaming Stafford for it all.

However, it would be nice to see the guy who is our franchise QB be able to put the whole team on his shoulders every now and then when things aren't going well in a particular game such as this last Sunday.

He's certainly capable, and he's given too much crap by a select few on here (imo), but when he has a bad game, and the more level-headed types are even saying that he wasn't at his best, then I think it's time to admit that he was at least part of the issue Sunday.

I'm sure you get tired of defending him against those with unrealistic expectations (and a lack of the memory of Joey Harrington, John Kitna, Case Stone, Dan Orlovsky, etc...), but at the same time Stafford hasn't done enough to be beyond reproach when he has a bad game. He had a bad game Sunday, that's the reality this week, but it doesn't make him a bad QB.

He's 26 years old and has put up more passing yards by that age than any NFL QB ever has. Clearly he can sling the ball, but he needs to work on his touch and accuracy still. His decision-making has improved greatly so far this year, but he's still giving up too many INTs on off-target throws, imo. Given that he's still got 10 to 15 years left ahead of him I think the sky is the limit for someone with his arm talent, especially since QBs only get better with more experience. He's got a lot of experience ahead of him.

For those bashing him, or those who have already thrown in the towel on him, well you need to remember that franchise QBs don't grow on trees. We could dump Stafford and spend the next 25 years trying to find a QB as good, it's no sure thing that we'll just automatically draft a better QB.

Some of you need to keep being patient with the kid, others need to realize that he's nearing the age/stage in his career where he needs to turn the corner and put the team on his shoulders like a Manning, Brees, Brady, or Rodgers do on a regular basis...

That's what I think, at least...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair then the Lions should have just as many sacks hurries and knockdowns. After all they got Suh.

Just maybe, maybe they should game plan on extra blockers or something about these bad teams with good a DL. Sure seemed Bills did some preplanning for ours. Executed a decent pass game. Sure they got to him a lot. Just got more than our 3 1st round picks.

Again solutions are better than deflections

I am not saying the Line shouldn't be doing better, or that we shouldn't be accounting for these D lines. I was only saying that those 2 D lines are pretty good units.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have beat up on the run game all year. They get nothing early and then they ran out the clock in two games.

Bell was out can't really dish on him this week. Bush had six carries for 13 yards before getting hurt. I did ask why the Lions abandoned the run in the second half Winn had some decent numbers going into halftime.

I have picked on Bush and Bell already this season even after some wins. So it is not fair weather bashing of Stafford it's just saying what I see.

To throw Bell's name out there when he was an inactive, again is just another deflection

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, nobody is deflecting anything here. People have different opinions. I'm disappointed with Stafford with his inconsistencies. I dont really care about interceptions as long as Stafford can make up for it and its not costing us the game. Tons of interceptions are thrown all over the league, by the best Qbs.

I sure would like Stafford to piece together at least a four game stretch where he plays really well.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would I ...

I wouldn't. Football isn't about winning or losing. Its about arguing on forums. If Stafford and the defense plays well, what would we argue about?:minion:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. Football isn't about winning or losing. Its about arguing on forums. If Stafford and the defense plays well, what would we argue about?:minion:

There's ALWAYS the draft