• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Stafford

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, this thread is full of a bunch of cry babies. Lol. We are 4-12 with FGs and all Lions fans can think of doing is bashing Stafford. Lol.

I'll give you guys a full assessment of everyone's performances and we'll see how bad things teally are.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Stafford not remind many of a very young Bret Favre, minus the mobility part for Favre. Both Gunslingers, both believe in their ability. Staffy just doesn't have the wrangler's yet

Well...yeah. Minus the 30 points a game.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Stafford not remind many of a very young Bret Favre, minus the mobility part for Favre. Both Gunslingers, both believe in their ability. Staffy just doesn't have the wrangler's yet

Also doesnt send dick pics to cheerleaders or whatever that ho was, doesnt get painkiller addictions, doesnt befriend a tight end that diddles underage girls. Oh, I dont like the packers btw.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to how all of you sound. Isn't Mayhew pretty much responsible for the defense the Lions are fielding this year? You guys sound like Stafford is playing like Geno Smith. Personally, I think every one of our o linemen are getting their asses kicked out there every game yet its an excuse when mentioning them when it comes to Stafford's struggles. Gtfoh

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn man, not all of us.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us even wanted an offensive tackle in the first round. :)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford's okay. He isn't elite, but he isn't bad as QBs go. He isn't worth his contract.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose Suh is worth all the money in the world then? Why didnt Suh sack Orton on that last play? Hes not worth the money. Lol

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford's okay. He isn't elite, but he isn't bad as QBs go. He isn't worth his contract.

That's how they pay starting QB's. Just the way the NFL market is.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because we can blame a kicker, that covers up Stafford's ineffectiveness? Look at it subjectively. 5 games this year, Stafford has 1 great game(Giants), 1 good game(Jets), 1not bad game(Panthers), and 2 garbage performances(Packers, Bills). He's been getting the benefit of the based on his potential and his 2011 season, but when does the patience run out? Should we just be glad with Eli Manning-like performances simply because he's "the best QB the Lions have had"? I, for one, don't think so. We have to sit here and watch guys like Drew Stanton, Austin Davis, Brian Hoyer, and Ryan Fitzpatrick lead there offenses to better performances than this. We have to hold the leader of our offense to a higher standard than this.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty O-Line play is a big part of the blame. Stafford needs to roll-out or step up into the pocket more often, to buy more time, to throw open a wr, throw it away or take a coverage sack. Stafford is still erratic at pin pointing his throws, as many qb's are, but Stafford has been consistent with this problem for 5+ years now.. Shitty O-line play needs to be fixed and so does Stafford's inconsistencies.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think theres any denying stafford needs to improve. What is your solution, bench him? That would be the end of the season. He is by far their best option. Seems to me most of this knee jerk reaction is occurring because they lost the game. Had the kicker hit his field goals none of this would be littering the threads currently.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all we need is a better kicker, better OLine, better weapons, and to be healthy. AND THEN we can see Stafford really shine.

Do you guys realize how ridiculous that sounds?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench him? Maybe. If he keeps performing like he has the past 13 games or so.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season isnt lost. It will be as soon as a team benches a much better starting qb in favor of a relatively poor backup and why? Just because they lost a game in which stafford didnt meet your expectations against a good buffalo defense? He was one of many players that didnt perform adequate enough apparently although the offense and defense both did what they needed to do to win the game. Thats all you can ask for. So I suppose your knee jerk solution is to cut or bench them all? You remind me of some of the tigers ans on the tigers forum. They were ready to bench and cut vmart and JV last year. Just like some lions fans here threw fairley and suh under the bus about halfway through the season. I know, I know in your mind stafford has been awful forever. Theres no changing how you think. Ill look you up when stafford hits his prime. You will probably be gone though.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think theres any denying stafford needs to improve. What is your solution, bench him? That would be the end of the season. He is by far their best option. Seems to me most of this knee jerk reaction is occurring because they lost the game. Had the kicker hit his field goals none of this would be littering the threads currently.

Nah, I would still be able to critique his performance. Pretty shitty to say the least at times.

Stafford did put his team in FG range 3 times with zero points. Still will not give hima pass though. No QB plays a perfect game. Stafford was subpar yesterday with many past issues showing up.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that Stafford has a few issues, I refuse to compare him with Stanton and Hoyer. Are we now suggesting that either of those two Qbs should be running the Lions? I think not.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people need to remind themselves that Stafford, now actually receiving specific coaching from a qb/oc, needs a little bit of time to get rid of past mental memory lapses. I'm not making an excuse for him but it's reality. When you do the same ol thing over and over and over 1000's of times since childhood, it's tough to automatically be right 70% of the time. Peyton, Tom, Drew, Aaron all do some of the very same mistakes as what Stafford does. they just come back more consistent next game, usually

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that Stafford has a few issues, I refuse to compare him with Stanton and Hoyer. Are we now suggesting that either of those two Qbs should be running the Lions? I think not.

I will take Stafford flaws and all over them 9 out of 10 times. They are doing more with less at the moment.

One question though. When someone compares Matt to them it is wrong?

Well two questions I guess. Yesterday you stated other QBs struggled also. So comparing to look good or bad is okay or not?