• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Stafford

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many SBs has eli won? With staffords numbers if he won two super bowls combined with the numbers hes put up since he came into the league, I would be just fine with it. I think most fans would.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I would still be able to critique his performance. Pretty shitty to say the least at times.

Stafford did put his team in FG range 3 times with zero points. Still will not give hima pass though. No QB plays a perfect game. Stafford was subpar yesterday with many past issues showing up.

I agree, thats what I was saying, we all admit theres room for improvement.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that Stafford has a few issues, I refuse to compare him with Stanton and Hoyer. Are we now suggesting that either of those two Qbs should be running the Lions? I think not.

I agree. Thats an absurd remark by 22cents. He is not comparable to any of them. Again, hes just 26 and this is what his fourth year now of playing?

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just don't know where to start. i guess everyone else is right stafford is just bad you have all convinced me. it is official we need to start looking for new QBs because he just doesn't get it and never will. it was obviously his fault we lost this game i mean he left at least 20 or 30 yards on the field missing a bunch of flat routes to the sidelines for 2 and 4 yards early in the downs. how are we ever going to win unless he mans up and starts nailing 85% of every throw beyond 15 yards in double coverage.

stafford's production yesterday was simple his oline was getting beat he did more than enough to win the game (same completion % as orton BTW). stafford got crushed yesterday hit 27 times and sacked 6 i mean come on that is ridiculous. look at brady these last 2 weeks against the chiefs constantly under duress shit day for 160 yards against the bengals clean pocket most of the time 292 yards blowout win.

but wait i forgot it is all stafford's fault he missed 6 guys you are right time to draft a new QB because stafford just doesnt get it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that Stafford has a few issues, I refuse to compare him with Stanton and Hoyer. Are we now suggesting that either of those two Qbs should be running the Lions? I think not.

Don't say we... Some think he is just fine. Still will not say he has had a bad game. Seems everyone else did.

Must go on record and say sorry to Lionstop1 did not notice he said that.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't say we... Some think he is just fine. Still will not say he has had a bad game. Seems everyone else did.

Who? I dont know any fans that deny that he needs improvement.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget to mention the numbers staffords put up in his four years in the league LCW.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he can improve he hasn't been consistent keeping the offense on schedule making the short throws early but that was so not the problem yesterday. also 2cents comment about hoyer and stanton (who only threw 118 yards) really irritated me

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? I dont know any fans that deny that he needs improvement.

Lionstop1 deflected a poor performance all day yesterday up until maybe now. Deflecting Stafford performance yesterday is no different than trying to defend the kicker or OL.

Bad game all around and if problems are not fixed quickly, a Vikings loss will surely happen also. That will hurt them worse than this one did.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionstop1 deflected a poor performance all day yesterday up until maybe now. Deflecting Stafford performance yesterday is no different than trying to defend the kicker or OL.

Bad game all around and if problems are not fixed quickly, a Vikings loss will surely happen also. That will hurt them worse than this one did.

It was not a bad game all around. The defense did very well. Tate had another monster game. Have some faith brother. One bad game does not make a season.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah k I meant in general all lions fans on this forum realize he needs to improve gandy, not just specifically the buffalo game. The solution is not to bench him though, thats just ridiculous.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost, I'm over it. It sucks, we're still in the drivers seat. It doesn't mean we can't criticize Stafford. I'll praise him when he's good, and vice versa.

After the Panthers game, which we lost mind you, I said Stafford played well, even though there were a lot of people bashing him. After the Packers game, I said he sucked, even though we won. Yesterday it so happens we lost and he played horrible. Missed FGs or not, that doest excuse his bad play. He's had more bad games than good ever since 2011. Is that so bad to notice, and comment about? Does that make me "a Stafford basher"? I'd like to think not.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not deflecting his performance at all but I know for a fact he didn't play bad enough to be blamed for the loss. Its funny how things go after a loss and what people think they see. Yesterday, Stafford did hold onto the ball too long on some plays but I think the old Stafford attempts to force some of those throws into coverage. That wasnt bad imo. I also saw him scrambling and throwing the ball away, which accounted for at least 4 of his incompletions. There were a lot of different things going on. I did see a few bad passes also but I dont overreact when that happens because all QBs do that.

Stafford has had this team in position plenty of times and they have came up short for whatever reasons. Im not sure what new set of standards have been developed here but there must be something I'm missing. Stafford hasnt been real good but he hasnt been awful. We actually have people mentioning guys like Stanton and Hoyer. Smh

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not a bad game all around. The defense did very well. Tate had another monster game. Have some faith brother. One bad game does not make a season.

Couldn't agree more. Good post.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly not defending Stafford. Anyone who read my tirades from last night can attest to that. I just had a bad feeling come over methough.

I am starting to get the eery feeling that this new offense is not sinking in with anyone. All our receivers look tentative running routes. I am begining to wonder if everyone gets it. It almost seems that Staff expects them to be somewhere and they are not always there because a lot of the sacks he just looks lost. Even the O-Line looks out of sorts like they feel they should be doing something else.

I am wondering if Lombardi's offense is part of he problem.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Lombardi's first chance at being a o coordinator too. He has not perfected it yet I'm sure. Maybe his playcalling could be improved. Stafford had a lousy game but at least he wasn't forcing throws. He had little time to throw. Schwartz knows Matthew and being a defensive guy had a good idea how to slow him down.

At the end of the game the Lions win if the kicker makes a kick. 50 yards is not easy but in the last two seasons we have now been beaten by a 58 and a 61 yard field goal. It is not expecting too much for our kicker to execute.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stafford has played 2 good 1 bad and 1 so so game. I do believe this offense can do well without Megatron. What has to happens is that they need to run the ball better and pass block better. If they do that I think they'll be fine. True the offense didn't score a bunch of TDs..but Stafford and company did enough to put the team into winning positions. All the kicker had to do is make 1 out of 3 FGs. One of them being a 44 yarder which should be 10/10. Tom Brady didn't score game winning TDs..he just set up the kicker for a last second FG if I recall.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the offensive struggles I'll just listen to what Bruce Arians said earlier this year. "'I've never tried to judge a quarterback in a new offense until Week 8".

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been pretty optimistic all season. Faith has nothing do with realizing win or lose adjustments need to be made. Toooooo many harp on bringing to light those adjustments. We speak so highly of Suh yet thankfully we have not played a Suh... That OL gets beat with four in Bills and Jets game. Easy to bitch, need solutions or ideas. Is it Dom's calls/ need a more chip blocks from TEs? I get tired if excuses of injuries and what not
Staff needs some work and has nothing to do with OL. Solutions??? telling me he is best option(which of he is)
Does not sufficeIMO.
New kicker being addressed. Not going to be much better. Reasons why 5 weeks in and they are out of job.

Ah k I meant in general all lions fans on this forum realize he needs to improve gandy, not just specifically the buffalo game. The solution is not to bench him though, thats just ridiculous.
I have and never will say bench him until better option behind him. Just don't deflect it to other aspects of the game.

Tiny issues and adjustments are needed. Just can bring shit up here with out either world is ending or it is just one game. Correct fthis weeks issues and move on. We can ignore them and then the snowball is bigger week 7 and then week 10 figuring out what draft position we get.

You get a flat, you fricking fix it... Many here are current politicians kicking the can to the next game.