• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matters Pertaining to Pandemic

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to shut sports down entirely until they find a way to control COVID. No point in risking it. Is it going to take an actual players death or death in his family to put a halt to it.

Sports are a reflection of what the public is doing.
One of my teammates threatened a 20 year old kid for not wearing a mask and trying to sit next to him.
The kid said, "wouldyou really hurt me over that?" My friend went on to explain to him that he and other members of his family are high risk. Kid claimed he didn't reallize it was all that.....

A summer camp in Georgia closed when kids who were sleeping 25 to a room, started coming down with covid.
They sent them home to their families, friends and the milkman!

America, wake the hell up!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to shut sports down entirely until they find a way to control COVID. No point in risking it. Is it going to take an actual players death or death in his family to put a halt to it.
The NBA seems to be doing it right, but not a lot of sports can follow that model. I think we should try to carry on in places where we can (with low risk), but shut down anything that either carries a lot of risk to players (more than just "living a routine life") or sets a bad example (like encouraging mass gatherings).

Being able to carry on in any form may not be feasible. One person breaks the bubble and the virus will spread. "How stupid or selfish" would someone have to be to ruin the bubble for all? My experience says there are few limits to either stupidity or selfishness.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA seems to be doing it right, but not a lot of sports can follow that model. I think we should try to carry on in places where we can (with low risk), but shut down anything that either carries a lot of risk to players (more than just "living a routine life") or sets a bad example (like encouraging mass gatherings).

Being able to carry on in any form may not be feasible. One person breaks the bubble and the virus will spread. "How stupid or selfish" would someone have to be to ruin the bubble for all? My experience says there are few limits to either stupidity or selfishness.

If people thought Butler got punished harshly..... Jesus ..... what would Coach B do to someone who “broke the bubble”.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people thought Butler got punished harshly..... Jesus ..... what would Coach B do to someone who “broke the bubble”.

Texans%20Patriots%20Football.JPEG-08a4d.jpg

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Problem is that orange man haters will use every forum to vent. I think the guys in this board have done an excellent job of keeping the politics out.

Just a reminder, once the door gets cracked open, someone will eventually push it wide open. That's why I hate the insults that often get tossed out here.

Like politics, not good for the Patriots Board.

Do you miss the irony? Your opening sentence complained about venting while venting about orange man haters. Your next sentence complimented the mods for keeping out the politics you had just inserted. Then you hate insults after using one.

Cripes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the 2 total reviews you got from your second book.

View attachment 249303
View attachment 249304

I was going to purchase this book. But........ now I’m not too sure.

Note tp the uninformed:

" With all due respect, the whole issues of correct-ness is nonsense as it is discussed here. The two-word spelling "Viet Nam" is obviously just as much a Western creation as the one-word spelling "Vietnam" in the sense that neither is used in Vietnamese. Viet Nam is not wrong, but neither is Vietnam. Viet Nam is, just like Vietnam, an exonym, that is, a name for a place that is different from the name in the native language and created by people outside of that place. Vietnam in Vietnamese is "Việt Nam" and the full name for the nation-state is "Cộng Hòa Xã Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt Nam"

1) when you laught at somebody for writing a book, consider hoew you would be gleaming with delight if you daughter wrote that book.

2) when you threaten someone on the internet, consider how you would take it.

3) both of you can fuck off and stop this childish shit!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is one sport that no matter how hard anyone tries, the potential to pass the virus from one player to another is near impossible. There are multitude of questions that are being discussed.

How far apart will lockers be?

What methods can/will be used to sanitize locker rooms and showers.

Will entire teams be allowed to gather in a single space at halftime?

How will dirty uniforms be gathered and safely cleaned. Will water over 210 degrees be used to wash uniforms and practice gear? Since teams have their own laundry areas, will workers be required to wear full head and body protection?

In my opinion, I don't think anything to do with the virus can be controlled in the game of football. The absolute best scenario would be to shut it down until a working vaccine is developed. Then the league must require every player who wishes to play be vaccinated. If you refuse to be vaccinated, that's your choice, but you cannot play football in the NFL.

Doctor on Fox this morning said that the virus can hang in the air or settle on object for at least fifteen minutes after people leave a room. She also recommended wearing a shield as well as a mask. Apparently this virus has infected medical people who were wearing masks and gloves and it's believed that the virus will enter a human body through the eyes. Normal eyewear helps but isn't designed to protect the eyes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is one sport that no matter how hard anyone tries, the potential to pass the virus from one player to another is near impossible. There are multitude of questions that are being discussed.

How far apart will lockers be?

What methods can/will be used to sanitize locker rooms and showers.

Will entire teams be allowed to gather in a single space at halftime?

How will dirty uniforms be gathered and safely cleaned. Will water over 210 degrees be used to wash uniforms and practice gear? Since teams have their own laundry areas, will workers be required to wear full head and body protection?

In my opinion, I don't think anything to do with the virus can be controlled in the game of football. The absolute best scenario would be to shut it down until a working vaccine is developed. Then the league must require every player who wishes to play be vaccinated. If you refuse to be vaccinated, that's your choice, but you cannot play football in the NFL.

Doctor on Fox this morning said that the virus can hang in the air or settle on object for at least fifteen minutes after people leave a room. She also recommended wearing a shield as well as a mask. Apparently this virus has infected medical people who were wearing masks and gloves and it's believed that the virus will enter a human body through the eyes. Normal eyewear helps but isn't designed to protect the eyes.
The virus dies at half of water's boiling point. It's molecular lipid membranes are completely dissolved by the smallest bit of soap. Vaccines are not a solution. They would have made it already if they could have. SARS has been around for two decades. They're making it now to profit on the average persons psychotic episodes of fear, not to improve health outcomes.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Fuck you.

If you don't want football, then kill yourself. Easy solution. And none of us will have to miss it.
Continue to be a disillusion fuck then. Why would I be on a football site if I didn't want football? You may be a selfish prick who only cares about your wants, but most balance what best for all with what's best for themselves.

Some how I skipped calling you a douche bag this time. It still applies.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The virus dies at half of water's boiling point. It's molecular lipid membranes are completely dissolved by the smallest bit of soap. Vaccines are not a solution. They would have made it already if they could have. SARS has been around for two decades. They're making it now to profit on the average persons psychotic episodes of fear, not to improve health outcomes.

I'm not trying start a fight here.......just bringing up a thought.

If what you say is true, why haven't more people spoken out. Especially qualified medical people who could calm the fear and anxiety in the elderly like myself. I hate to think of myself as old but at 71, I'd feel a hell of a lot better if a doctor stood up and said, that virus which has supposedly killed 154,000 people since March 3, 2020 is figment of someone's imagination and the U.S. Government is using it to terrorize it's citizens.

What you're saying to us is that if a tree falls in the Alaskan wilderness, it doesn't make a sound because there's no one there to hear it?

If vaccines are not the solution, then how is the virus stopped?

Are you also saying that Jonas Salk's vaccination was a farce?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note tp the uninformed:

" With all due respect, the whole issues of correct-ness is nonsense as it is discussed here. The two-word spelling "Viet Nam" is obviously just as much a Western creation as the one-word spelling "Vietnam" in the sense that neither is used in Vietnamese. Viet Nam is not wrong, but neither is Vietnam. Viet Nam is, just like Vietnam, an exonym, that is, a name for a place that is different from the name in the native language and created by people outside of that place. Vietnam in Vietnamese is "Việt Nam" and the full name for the nation-state is "Cộng Hòa Xã Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt Nam"

1) when you laught at somebody for writing a book, consider hoew you would be gleaming with delight if you daughter wrote that book.

2) when you threaten someone on the internet, consider how you would take it.

3) both of you can fuck off and stop this childish shit!

Winner Winner, Cao lau Dinner!!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody's a scientist these days!

Many are reading and feeling educated about the subject.

I was a science major and it was very lonely.

Remember: writers usually flunked science!

I haven't seen so many "scientists" since deflategate!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If what you say is true, why haven't more people spoken out. Especially qualified medical people who could calm the fear and anxiety in the elderly like myself.

My niece has been a trauma nurse at Vanderbilt for the past three years. Last week she had a going away party as she is getting ready to begin her next adventure as a travel nurse and start making serious bank.
So, at this party were about 30 of her friends that she made at Vandy, from Trauma to pedeatrics, ortho, urology, IT, you name it. And their SO's. I met some great people last weekend and cooked their burgers and dogs. Even a local homeless guy showed up.

Not a single mask to be seen.
Why you ask?
Why, I asked.

Because it's all bullshit came back the answer.

I buy it's half bullshit, just because I don't believe anything I'm told unless it's been proven and is easily replicated.
I still wear a mask in pubelic. I still wash my hands in hot soapy water. I still wear wrap around safety glasses (because I'm a H&S guy and I would be a hypocrite if I didn't and I need tinted lenses) because I feel they offer better protection than a faceshield.

But, all the boots on the ground people in the "Business" think it's all bullshit.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, all the boots on the ground people in the "Business" think it's all bullshit.

I'm not an expert in contagious diseases so I try to do what's best for me. You're in my field and you know as well as I do that there's always someone who's willing to cut a corner. It could be the guy on the floor trying to get something done faster or the guy that owns the place and he's trying to save himself some money. Eitheray, the result is that someone always gets hurt.

Me? I wear a mask. I wear surgical gloves when I shop. I have hand sanitizer and extra masks in my car. I don't allow my grandson to bring his friends to the house (he lives here). If he does, they have to stay on the deck or in the hot tub and use the shower in the cellar. Male o female. Rules are rules. I know I'm not going to be here in 30 years unless there's a miracle. I'm hoping for 15 more and I won't tempt fate. I spent 36 months crossing paths with Grim Reaper. I'm not that fast any more.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an expert in contagious diseases so I try to do what's best for me. You're in my field and you know as well as I do that there's always someone who's willing to cut a corner. It could be the guy on the floor trying to get something done faster or the guy that owns the place and he's trying to save himself some money. Eitheray, the result is that someone always gets hurt.

Me? I wear a mask. I wear surgical gloves when I shop. I have hand sanitizer and extra masks in my car. I don't allow my grandson to bring his friends to the house (he lives here). If he does, they have to stay on the deck or in the hot tub and use the shower in the cellar. Male o female. Rules are rules. I know I'm not going to be here in 30 years unless there's a miracle. I'm hoping for 15 more and I won't tempt fate. I spent 36 months crossing paths with Grim Reaper. I'm not that fast any more.

I don't do the gloves, but have hand sanitizer in the car and extra masks. You are much deeper into the "High Risk" category than I am though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If what you say is true, why haven't more people spoken out. Especially qualified medical people who could calm the fear and anxiety in the elderly like myself. I hate to think of myself as old but at 71, I'd feel a hell of a lot better if a doctor stood up and said, that virus which has supposedly killed 154,000 people since March 3, 2020 is figment of someone's imagination and the U.S. Government is using it to terrorize it's citizens.

Medical professionals speaking out are being rounded up in China and shouted out of the conversation here by Corporate Media.

Why would you think it's the US government instead of a foreign government that is doing this to terrorize our citizens?

How do you fight an American empire that has raised up the living standards of billions of people around the world with American wealth and American provided geoeconomic stability?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medical professionals speaking out are being rounded up in China and shouted out of the conversation here by Corporate Media.

Why would you think it's the US government instead of a foreign government that is doing this to terrorize our citizens?

How do you fight an American empire that has raised up the living standards of billions of people around the world with American wealth and American provided geoeconomic stability?

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

If there was solid medical evidence that proved that masks, sanitizer and gloves were unnecessary, I'm sure it would front line news. My personal belief and opinion is that the Chinese were fucking around with an influenza virus in a bio lab. Somebody spilled something, allowed it to get outside its containment or just plain messed up a protocol. That person got the bug on him/her and walked out with an uncontrolled multiplying bug on their person. They stopped at a market and touched twenty or thirty pieces of fruit and vegetables like people do everyday and place the bug everywhere they touched. Been to grocery store lately? Watch people pick up a cantalope or melon and tap it or smell it? Then put it back and pick up another one. Or watch some old lady pick up at least 15 tomatoes and slightly squeeze each one? How many idiots walk up behind her and buy on of them go home and never even rinse the damn thing let alone wash it?

It was going on before Covid. Covid is just a little bit more aggressive because it was a tweaked virus and it got loose.