• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matters Pertaining to Pandemic

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the real problem with creating a vaccine......

Flu Virus #1 - affects the nasal cavity and gives the false impression that one a has a cold.
Flu Virus #2 - Affects the throat and and gives the false impression it's a cold.

People go to the drug store and buy Cold and Flu meds over the counter. The flu adapts because the meds are not targeting the virus, they're targeting the symptoms.

Flu virus #3 - affects the intestinal system and cause one to vomit and have a temp.
Flu virus #4 - affects the intestinal system and causes diarrhea and fever.

People go to the drug store and buy Cold and Flu meds and pepto bismal over the counter. The flu adapts because the meds are not targeting the virus, they're targeting the symptoms.

The main body of the virus is never researched and attacked as the single cause. The things that it affects are what the flu shots attempt to rub out.

Covid is different. It raises the body temp enough for the respiratory bug to settle in and multiply in the lungs. That bug creates a liquid formation that normally fights infection only the liquid is the infection. No the person needs a resprator to help the body breath. The elderly can't sustain the body's immune system because they can't eat or drink anything nutrious. Eternal dirt nap time.

I don't think we've got a scientific grasp on the actual original flu virus or how it actually was started or formed.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flu Virus #1 - affects the nasal cavity and gives the false impression that one a has a cold.
Flu Virus #2 - Affects the throat and and gives the false impression it's a cold.

People go to the drug store and buy Cold and Flu meds over the counter. The flu adapts because the meds are not targeting the virus, they're targeting the symptoms.

Flu virus #3 - affects the intestinal system and cause one to vomit and have a temp.

People go to the drug store and buy Cold and Flu meds and pepto bismal over the counter. The flu adapts because the meds are not targeting the virus, they're targeting the symptoms.

The main body of the virus is never researched and attacked as the single cause. The things that it affects are what the flu shots attempt to rub out.

Covid is different. It raises the body temp enough for the respiratory bug to settle in and multiply in the lungs. That bug creates a liquid formation that normally fights infection only the liquid is the infection. No the person needs a resprator to help the body breath. The elderly can't sustain the body's immune system because they can't eat or drink anything nutrious. Eternal dirt nap time.

I don't think we've got a scientific grasp on the actual original flu virus or how it actually was started or formed.
What your source for this information here? Sounds like your personal understanding.

First off, you are referring to two different sicknesses. Strictly speaking, the flu is short for Influenza which is, wait for it, a respiratory illness. The Stomach flu is not influenza at all and is more of a colloquial reference. It is a virus, but not related to influenza.

I ask about your reference because I can't speak for the other parts of your post. Maybe I can read that and we can discuss further.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What your source for this information here? Sounds like your personal understanding.

First off, you are referring to two different sicknesses. Strictly speaking, the flu is short for Influenza which is, wait for it, a respiratory illness. The Stomach flu is not influenza at all and is more of a colloquial reference. It is a virus, but not related to influenza.

I ask about your reference because I can't speak for the other parts of your post. Maybe I can read that and we can discuss further.

Sorry BK, I may have misunderstood the intent of your post. Where you quoting a passage from your most recent fictional novel?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry BK, I may have misunderstood the intent of your post. Where you quoting a passage from your most recent fictional novel?

My point is that people treat everything as influenza and buy over the counter medication that commonly treats more than their symptoms. According to different medical opinions (Again opinion) I've read recently, many physicians believe that some of the OTC meds actually help "flu" to overcome the meds that are not intended to counteract the problems that people have. Sort of like the old days (50's and 60's) when a doctors would give a patient a shot of penicillin for just about anything. My father died in 1972 of complications of chronic bronchitis, emphysema and asmtha. He was 52 years old and every doctor that he saw pumped him full of penicillin because they had nothing else to treat him with and they all believed that penicillin would build up his "resistance" to outside influences.

I've spoken with doctors who firmly believe that the OTC medications actually can assist a virus in becoming stronger under the right circumstnces.

As to my novels, have you even seen one? Let alone read one?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says the key to fighting this is understanding it and that takes time. If strains are changing rapidly then the vaccine route won't be effective.

We've all asked why doesn't the flu vaccine prevent the flu (answer, because it targets the most common circulating strains and not all strains). It's funny we've accepted the flu comes every year and in certain scenarios can be deadly. Why hasn't the resources been spent to wipe it off the planet? Was it just acceptance?

COVID 19 has had so much mis-information spread that I don't know what to believe. I'm certainly not implying I think it's a hoax. I know it's extremely serious but I just don't have a clue how serious. Is it a faster adapting version of the flu? Are the weakest being killed off this year and next year it will behave more like the flu? I have many other quasi-questions but I'll spare everyone since I really don't have a clue and they're more puked up speculative thoughts than anything else.

I wish we were just battling the virus. Instead we're fighting propaganda from all sides and missing the true information which is somewhere mixed in.
Yep, I agree with most of what you’re saying. The timing of this bloody virus is spectacular. 3 months from big election. But, let’s not turn this into a political argument. Just like in wars, there are many valiant healthcare people risking their very lives.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that people treat everything as influenza and buy over the counter medication that commonly treats more than their symptoms. According to different medical opinions (Again opinion) I've read recently, many physicians believe that some of the OTC meds actually help "flu" to overcome the meds that are not intended to counteract the problems that people have. Sort of like the old days (50's and 60's) when a doctors would give a patient a shot of penicillin for just about anything. My father died in 1972 of complications of chronic bronchitis, emphysema and asmtha. He was 52 years old and every doctor that he saw pumped him full of penicillin because they had nothing else to treat him with and they all believed that penicillin would build up his "resistance" to outside influences.

I've spoken with doctors who firmly believe that the OTC medications actually can assist a virus in becoming stronger under the right circumstnces.

I'm going to try and clean up this mess.....
Over the counter meds may help or they may not.
Sometimes they may make things worse.

Example: Taking fever reducers for the many viruses that cant survive heat can make the virus linger.

Flu CAN cause stomach symptoms like nausea and "selling buicks"

My immune system is very strong - and I'm an old fuck.
I haven't had a cold in 40 years, Flu lats a couple hours and I can't remember the last time i puked.

I don't take shit.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BK, keep writing, I was being a brat :) .

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Example: Taking fever reducers for the many viruses that cant survive heat can make the virus linger.

I haven't had a cold in 40 years, Flu lats a couple hours and I can't remember the last time i puked.

I don't take shit.....
You must eat well. Good, healthy food gives the body what it needs to fight most things...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't take shit.....
Good point. That is why COVID-19 is like a flu/influenza bug. It is attacking other body systems beyond SARS. In the digestive system flu type. It is a nasty bug. Believe it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must eat well. Good, healthy food gives the body what it needs to fight most things...

Exercise, good hygiene and a healthy immune system also help.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree with most of what you’re saying. The timing of this bloody virus is spectacular. 3 months from big election. But, let’s not turn this into a political argument. Just like in wars, there are many valiant healthcare people risking their very lives.
So why make a political statement? And this virus has little to do with how badly Trump has fucked things up

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why make a political statement? And this virus has little to do with how badly Trump has fucked things up
I disagree. Trump is merely highlighting all the issues that have been existing for too long. Don't get me wrong, he's the least qualified person to be president since the 19th century and maybe of all. Add to that that he's made little attempt to conform to protocols followed by most others. He acts more like the country's chief marketing officer than CEO and instead of trying to fix weaknesses he sees them as opportunities to be exploited (with his mouth watering like a chicken about to gobble up a bug).

But I repeat, he's highlighting issues that have existed for too long.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Trump is merely highlighting all the issues that have been existing for too long. Don't get me wrong, he's the least qualified person to be president since the 19th century and maybe of all. Add to that that he's made little attempt to conform to protocols followed by most others. He acts more like the country's chief marketing officer than CEO and instead of trying to fix weaknesses he sees them as opportunities to be exploited (with his mouth watering like a chicken about to gobble up a bug).

But I repeat, he's highlighting issues that have existed for too long.

and as you know, wrong forum.....

th

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as you know, wrong forum.....

True.

Problem is that orange man haters will use every forum to vent. I think the guys in this board have done an excellent job of keeping the politics out.

Just a reminder, once the door gets cracked open, someone will eventually push it wide open. That's why I hate the insults that often get tossed out here.

Like politics, not good for the Patriots Board.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VACATION TIME!

I logged in this morning to the Patriots forum here on the Hoop and I’m reading about Politics. There is no place for that here. I’m going to be taking some time off and write. It’s been awhile since I’ve submitted anything to Playboy.. Penthouse and occasionally Playgirl(what can I say?). Once football starts up I will be back.

Take care everyone.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m back! Just submitted 3 juicy stories(about 22 chapters) to the magazines I mentioned when I left this site. A lot of people will be “touching” themselves thanks to me! You’re welcome @nefansince75

Let’s talk some Patriots football!!!!!!!

Go Patriots!!

Woo woo!!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m back! Just submitted 3 juicy stories(about 22 chapters) to the magazines I mentioned when I left this site. A lot of people will be “touching” themselves thanks to me! You’re welcome @nefansince75

Go Patriots!!

Woo woo!!
Clearly you like poking the bear (among the other things you like to poke).

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Patriots!!

Woo woo!!

Well, no reason you can't be an asshole and funny.