• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matters Pertaining to Pandemic

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

If there was solid medical evidence that proved that masks, sanitizer and gloves were unnecessary, I'm sure it would front line news. My personal belief and opinion is that the Chinese were fucking around with an influenza virus in a bio lab. Somebody spilled something, allowed it to get outside its containment or just plain messed up a protocol. That person got the bug on him/her and walked out with an uncontrolled multiplying bug on their person. They stopped at a market and touched twenty or thirty pieces of fruit and vegetables like people do everyday and place the bug everywhere they touched. Been to grocery store lately? Watch people pick up a cantalope or melon and tap it or smell it? Then put it back and pick up another one. Or watch some old lady pick up at least 15 tomatoes and slightly squeeze each one? How many idiots walk up behind her and buy on of them go home and never even rinse the damn thing let alone wash it?

It was going on before Covid. Covid is just a little bit more aggressive because it was a tweaked virus and it got loose.
Honestly BK, that's a good theory but it's only slightly more likely than an angry leprechaun caused it. The answer probably lies somewhere between your opinion and that of eaglesnutwad...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

If there was solid medical evidence that proved that masks, sanitizer and gloves were unnecessary, I'm sure it would front line news. My personal belief and opinion is that the Chinese were fucking around with an influenza virus in a bio lab. Somebody spilled something, allowed it to get outside its containment or just plain messed up a protocol. That person got the bug on him/her and walked out with an uncontrolled multiplying bug on their person. They stopped at a market and touched twenty or thirty pieces of fruit and vegetables like people do everyday and place the bug everywhere they touched. Been to grocery store lately? Watch people pick up a cantalope or melon and tap it or smell it? Then put it back and pick up another one. Or watch some old lady pick up at least 15 tomatoes and slightly squeeze each one? How many idiots walk up behind her and buy on of them go home and never even rinse the damn thing let alone wash it?

It was going on before Covid. Covid is just a little bit more aggressive because it was a tweaked virus and it got loose.

We have been warning people that a pandemic has been due for years......

It's here, get over it.
I expected millenials to have a hard time accepting a pandemic. They have never seen shit.
If you went through the depression or WW2, you say, "hold my beer"
an old fart like you should not be so susceptible to tinfoil hat ideas.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been warning people that a pandemic has been due for years......
an old fart like you should not be so susceptible to tinfoil hat ideas.....

I don't think I'm susceptible as much as I'm a doubter, who wants to be convinced. I think we all fall prey to unreliable news. The minute that a state reports that Covid deaths are declining, everyone "thinks" the worst is over and they hit the streets. Here in NH, the rates of infection were very low and when a screen shot was shown on any news network, NH was always green. So guess what? NH is safe let's go up there for a week and run around on the beach. It's in the 90's everyday and there's no Corona Virus. In July Hampton and Rye beach as well as the lake rental were jammed. Guess what? August is here and what state do you think is one of the highest in the number of 'new' cases? Yep. New Hampshire.

Do I hope there's a vaccine? Yes. I'll volunteer to be a trial mule.
Do I think this can be controlled? Absolutely not. This is one tough bug to kill.
Do I believe what CNN or Fox are putting out there? Absolutely no.

Because there are so many varying medical opinions being touted, it's apparent that the MDs we see on TV are getting their 15 minutes that will also build their post Covid practices.

Therefore, my theories and beliefs are as solid as those people with eight years of medical education and have their opinions and theories. The difference is that I'm not betting your or anyone else's life with my theory or belief. I'm betting mine.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm susceptible as much as I'm a doubter, who wants to be convinced. I think we all fall prey to unreliable news. The minute that a state reports that Covid deaths are declining, everyone "thinks" the worst is over and they hit the streets. Here in NH, the rates of infection were very low and when a screen shot was shown on any news network, NH was always green. So guess what? NH is safe let's go up there for a week and run around on the beach. It's in the 90's everyday and there's no Corona Virus. In July Hampton and Rye beach as well as the lake rental were jammed. Guess what? August is here and what state do you think is one of the highest in the number of 'new' cases? Yep. New Hampshire.

Do I hope there's a vaccine? Yes. I'll volunteer to be a trial mule.
Do I think this can be controlled? Absolutely not. This is one tough bug to kill.
Do I believe what CNN or Fox are putting out there? Absolutely no.

Because there are so many varying medical opinions being touted, it's apparent that the MDs we see on TV are getting their 15 minutes that will also build their post Covid practices.

Therefore, my theories and beliefs are as solid as those people with eight years of medical education and have their opinions and theories. The difference is that I'm not betting your or anyone else's life with my theory or belief. I'm betting mine.
I could be wrong, but I think the tin foil hat had to do with thinking this thing escaped from a lab in China.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in my 70's and have diabetis, so I am in the high risk group. My wife and I have been wearing masks everywhere, even before their use was deemed essential. That said, I get upset hearing opposing viewpoints on the seriousness and even the true existence of the Covid virus. These differences seem to be divided mainly along party lines (R vs. D). With this being a national election year, the politics is hyped even more than normal. The Dems would like the virus to be both real and deadly right up until the November elections. The Reps (especially Trump) want this to just go away as quickly as possible. In this context, many of the medical experts appear to be taking sides, resulting in mixed messaging. We don't need political bickering and conspiracy theories now, we need solid advice from those who should know what to do. I don't care if the virus came from a Chinese testing lab mishap, a food market or the planet Neptune. All I want, all anybody should want, are straight answers and advice from our leaders, of all parties, devoid of politics and with a single purpose; getting this virus under control.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in my 70's and have diabetis, so I am in the high risk group. My wife and I have been wearing masks everywhere, even before their use was deemed essential. That said, I get upset hearing opposing viewpoints on the seriousness and even the true existence of the Covid virus. These differences seem to be divided mainly along party lines (R vs. D). With this being a national election year, the politics is hyped even more than normal. The Dems would like the virus to be both real and deadly right up until the November elections. The Reps (especially Trump) want this to just go away as quickly as possible. In this context, many of the medical experts appear to be taking sides, resulting in mixed messaging. We don't need political bickering and conspiracy theories now, we need solid advice from those who should know what to do. I don't care if the virus came from a Chinese testing lab mishap, a food market or the planet Neptune. All I want, all anybody should want, are straight answers and advice from our leaders, of all parties, devoid of politics and with a single purpose; getting this virus under control.

What if it came from Uranus?