• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Kemp, Alex Wood and Yasiel Puig traded to Reds

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kemp wasn't involved that would have been a dream deal for the Braves. Getting their RF and another SP.
We are pretty well set in the OF. I think we just took Kemp on in order to get the other two.

If the Dodgers end up get Harper, I think both parties are going to end up being happy in the end.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a thread in Reds forum but mods feel free to merge here.

Yeah, Kemp is at the end of his career but we have prospects in the minors. We need to bring them up in the next year or two. Buying time with a vet isnt the end of the world. Puig, I like. The bat, help in the OF rotation since Billy' gone.....Schlebler or Winker probably going to be trade bait with Cleveland for Kluber is my guess.

Adding Wood's arm and ditching Bailey and his contract is a win win win win for us. A short term fix, but he and Roark, plus hopefully Kluber, Reds look respectable suddenly.

This buys us competitiveness and some time as we bring our key prospects along. Senzel, Trammel, Greene.
Team Boards are a seperate deal.

No robot between the two.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how close this team was to being a legit contender, and add in the money saved from Nova, Freese and Harrison that could be used to make the team better. Now we're starring down a $75 million payroll on a team with legit problems in a "contending" year while the president brags about how many games the AL Wild Card losers won with a low salary.

What a fucking joke.
Yeah they had one simple task this off season and we are watching every team get better in the NL central and then they go out and sign Jordan Lyles and bring back a drunk South Korean. What a joke.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Boards are a seperate deal.

No robot between the two.
Fair enough. Didnt know how uptight yall were about duplicate threads. We made em simultaneously this one took off immediately so figured Id put it out there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are pretty well set in the OF. I think we just took Kemp on in order to get the other two.

If the Dodgers end up get Harper, I think both parties are going to end up being happy in the end.
Oh yeah Kemp like Bailey will be release at some point. It is a great deal for the Reds just like it would have been for the Braves. I know they were rumored to wanting to get Puig.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kemp wasn't involved that would have been a dream deal for the Braves. Getting their RF and another SP.

We don't have any terrible contracts to trade away now though.

I know this clears up salary, but the Dodgers could have got a lot more for Puig and Wood.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Didnt know how uptight yall were about duplicate threads. We made em simultaneously this one took off immediately so figured Id put it out there.
Team Boards are off limits to being a dick, unless it's your team. No troll zone en sech.

I hate that fucking robot...

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, this is genius. We ditch Homer and his God awful contract, pick up 3 guys who make us instantly worth tuning in for next year, under no contract obligations in 2020, and buys us time to groom several of our key prospects as we build towards being a contender again.

No, we arent winning the Centeal with this group, but we are going to be fun and going to be respectable. Cant wait to get tickets!

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah Kemp like Bailey will be release at some point. It is a great deal for the Reds just like it would have been for the Braves. I know they were rumored to wanting to get Puig.
Yeah weve been hard after him and Corey Kluber, at least those are the two names most often mentioned we are pursuing. Getting Alex Wood is YUUUGE for our rotation this season. Hes there, and Homer isnt. That in and of itself makes this worthwhile.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's a great deal for the Reds.

Kemp might have a bad contract, but he can still hit the ball a mile when he connects, so he's not completely useless, and he might be a bit lazy, but he seems to be a good clubhouse guy. He's still good friends with Freddie Freeman.

With our GM, somehow or another he gets deals done that there were no rumors about until right before they happen, so I don't know what we're gonna do for LF(Acuna is gonna move over to right field). Really, I'd rather get a good starter and some bullpen help and stick Camargo in left though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the tigers have a totally useless pitcher with a huge contract wtf

Strange trade but nice get for the Reds.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. Did Barry Larkin pull a Jeter and buy the Dodgers or something?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up prospects hurts, but if the Reds are out of it they just got three valuable deadline pieces

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About to say, the only reason they make this deal is to sign a huge contract. They just gave up Puig, Kemp and Wood for Harper and some minor league guys essentially. They save $15 mil.

Puig is 28. Kemp is 34. Wood is 27.

Will Bryce make up for what they lost?

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the new ego"s fit in the Reds clubhouse? Kinda of disappointed the let Billy Hamilton go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Reds get Kluber from Cleveland now

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a thread in Reds forum but mods feel free to merge here.

Yeah, Kemp is at the end of his career but we have prospects in the minors. We need to bring them up in the next year or two. Buying time with a vet isnt the end of the world. Puig, I like. The bat, help in the OF rotation since Billy' gone.....Schlebler or Winker probably going to be trade bait with Cleveland for Kluber is my guess.

Adding Wood's arm and ditching Bailey and his contract is a win win win win for us. A short term fix, but he and Roark, plus hopefully Kluber, Reds look respectable suddenly.

This buys us competitiveness and some time as we bring our key prospects along. Senzel, Trammel, Greene.
Let's play GM.
No, let's don't.
If they add Kluber, they have a couple of mid-level starters to use as trade pieces, along with Scooter, who apparently isn't the shoo-in we thought he was.