• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Canada Offense (IS FINALLY GONE!!!!)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dance around to try and shift the defense or get them to tip their hand. The defense doesn't shift, and they run plays directly into the defensive strength anyway.

That's the WORST part of it.

We're the most transparent offense in the league. At least the Broncos have the excuse of their 1/4 Billion dollar QB being broken.
Either they shift a bunch of defenders to the same side they run the play to, or the defenders don't shift and they run it to the outnumbered side... Either way, it's always to the defense's advantage.

As that "anonymous former Steelers QB" said, "to call this a high school offense would be demeaning to high school football".

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either they shift a bunch of defenders to the same side they run the play to, or the defenders don't shift and they run it to the outnumbered side... Either way, it's always to the defense's advantage.

As that "anonymous former Steelers QB" said, "to call this a high school offense would be demeaning to high school football".
Bullseye

batch.gif

Sadly I really wish it was Bubby Brister because that would make it so much funnier since he is as smart as a pile of broken bricks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense:

1. Predictable... Runs several of the same exact plays, just tries to window-dress & mirror them.
  2. OL blocking schemes are messy. Most assignments do nothing to get to the 2nd level.
  3. Run schemes are putrid. They run the ball on 1st down a lot, and run out of shotgun on down & short.
  4. Play designs are meant to get the ball out quick. Not giving the QB the ability to get through more than 2 progressions.
  5. Pre-snap motion only creates disadvantages.
  6. Doesn't allow the QB to audible to create an advantage.
  7. Doesn't know how to use Play Action effectively... WR routes off PA are mainly flats, hitches, & comebacks.
  8. WR route concepts are designed for dink & dunk. Most everything is 10yds & in UNTIL they get desperate. And all routes are independent, putting them in 1v1 situations. No combinations, no picks/rubs, etc.
What am I missing?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense:

1. Predictable... Runs several of the same exact plays, just tries to window-dress & mirror them.
  2. OL blocking schemes are messy. Most assignments do nothing to get to the 2nd level.
  3. Run schemes are putrid. They run the ball on 1st down a lot, and run out of shotgun on down & short.
  4. Play designs are meant to get the ball out quick. Not giving the QB the ability to get through more than 2 progressions.
  7. Doesn't know how to use Play Action effectively... WR routes off PA are mainly flats, hitches, & comebacks.
  8. WR route concepts are designed for dink & dunk. Most everything is 10yds & in UNTIL they get desperate. And all routes are independent, putting them in 1v1 situations. No combinations, no picks/rubs, etc.
What am I missing?
UGH. Unfortunately, this is absolutely spot on.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense:

What am I missing?
An enjoyable weekend watching football.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are perennially calling out the way they practice, and I don't think this is the first time someone has called out film study or some other form of week-to-week preparation.

Glad to see Kenny stepping up to be a voice. Will be interesting to see how many players in the lockerroom follow him though.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are perennially calling out the way they practice, and I don't think this is the first time someone has called out film study or some other form of week-to-week preparation.

Glad to see Kenny stepping up to be a voice. Will be interesting to see how many players in the lockerroom follow him though.
To continue on the JuJu theme that has me salty as the Dead Sea...

JuJu Smith-Schuster’s time in Pittsburgh didn’t end that well, and there doesn’t appear to be any love lost after the 25-year-old’s Steelers exit.​
Prior to the Chiefs’ Week 4 matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Pro Bowl wide receiver spoke to NBC and shared his praise for Kansas City head coach Andy Reid. But his comments also took shots at the Steelers, whether he meant it that way or not.​
“JuJu Smith-Schuster told me this week, ‘It is awesome to have an offensive-minded coach in Andy Reid.’ He has learned more in these last few months in Kansas City than he did in all five years in Pittsburgh,” NBC’s Melissa Stark reported, per the network’s broadcast. “He said, ‘Reid makes you see the whole field. He answers the why. He gets you to understand how to read defenses.’ And he said, ‘One of the coolest things that Reid does before the game, he says, just let your personality out.’ He said, ‘There’s nothing better that a coach could say.’ “​

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Madden is always willing to give the shittiest takes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how people keep reacting to him, and/or how he still has a following. Given his track record (lots of controversy), I think he should have flamed out 20 years ago.

Steelers Nation is gullible as hell

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing him personally from prior to his fame. It is the shittiest takes from the shittiest form of human scum on the face of the earth.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing him personally from prior to his fame. It is the shittiest takes from the shittiest form of human scum on the face of the earth.

I dont mind him.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His crowning achievement was calling Troy a bust his rookie year.