• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Barnes: Lakers management is why players don't want to go to the Lakers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read. I'll post a few quotes but check out the link to read the article

Matt Barnes: Lakers' front office scaring players away, not Kobe Bryant - NBA - SI.com

“The reason people don’t want to go to the Lakers is because of management,” Barnes tells SI.com. “Kobe can be the scapegoat all they want but if you play hard, Kobe likes you. And if you bulls--- around, he doesn’t. It’s plain and simple. He’s not a vocal leader. He just expects you to play as hard as you can every minute on the court, like he does.”

EDIT: Full article will be available tomorrow on SI.com

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good props for Kobe all things considered. Matt Barnes has always had a mental problem though in my opinion. From other comments I've heard, he sounds bitter. In this case, however he might not be to far from the truth.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good props for Kobe all things considered. Matt Barnes has always had a mental problem though in my opinion. From other comments I've heard, he sounds bitter. In this case, however he might not be to far from the truth.

Barnes is a douche bag. He's played on like half the teams in the NBA and the entire Pacific Division alone. He doesn't hold much credibility no matter what he says.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes is a douche bag. He's played on like half the teams in the NBA and the entire Pacific Division alone. He doesn't hold much credibility no matter what he says.

This. Every word of this.

Matt Barnes is full of opinions that no one wants to hear. Skinny-ass punk.

frytening

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of this is spin? Seems like all sides just want the narrative written their way.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we were just talking about this clown at the office yesterday. stays in Redondo Beach, very reclusive, and has a horrible attitude...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got into a Twitter fight with him when he played for the lakers actually

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every dog gets his bone some day, in this case Barnes in spite of being retarded recognizes that the Lakers management has some problems, but they will get better. Every team has to go through a rebuilding stage.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post them here.

Can't find it because I changed my twitter handle recently and I don't remember my previous name....but the guys who came from CBS would confirm that this indeed happened lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was able to find one tweet through google but won't post my twitter handle:

bks:
@Matt_Barnes22 in that lineup u propose, who exactly is the PG? Kobe is a 2, u and artest play the 3 so let the world know who is the pg

Barnes response:I dnt like ur tone, I'm not gonna answer ur question until ur nice to me.. Hahaaa

We back and forth for at least an hour and his lakers followers ganged up on me. This happened back in 2011

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was able to find one tweet through google but won't post my twitter handle:

bks:
@Matt_Barnes22 in that lineup u propose, who exactly is the PG? Kobe is a 2, u and artest play the 3 so let the world know who is the pg

Barnes response:I dnt like ur tone, I'm not gonna answer ur question until ur nice to me.. Hahaaa

We back and forth for at least an hour and his lakers followers ganged up on me. This happened back in 2011

Just reading that, I think he trolled you

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading that, I think he trolled you

Have no idea. Those tweets were definitely towards the end. I can't remember what the actual debate was about. I know I did throw shots at him not being able to stick to a team

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says Lakers management scares potential free agents, but he doesn't justify that with anything. Where is the follow-up question about what has Laker management done or is doing to bother potential free agents?

They certainly take care of their players, so I assume it has something to do with basketball competency, but since the headline asserts that free agents are scared by management, you'd think that the story would address the reason.
In other words Matt Barnes is full of drivel, and a straight bitch! :finger2:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says Lakers management scares potential free agents, but he doesn't justify that with anything. Where is the follow-up question about what has Laker management done or is doing to bother potential free agents?

They certainly take care of their players, so I assume it has something to do with basketball competency, but since the headline asserts that free agents are scared by management, you'd think that the story would address the reason.
In other words Matt Barnes is full of drivel, and a straight bitch! :finger2:

There are only 2 things that I can think of that would cause FA's to have concerns about the Lakers FO.

1.) Dwight: Not necessarily that Dwight left, but the way the Lakers went about trying to get him to stay. Their efforts were only about a step above sliding a contract across the table, saying "sign it or don't" and then handing him a pen that's out of ink. From the perspective of some players, that may be seen as pretty disrespectful. They acquitted themselves much better in their pursuit of Lebron and 'Melo, but that Dwight stuff may still linger a bit.

2.) Jim Buss: While some of the criticism he's gotten is undeserved, there is much that is deserved. Some of his earlier mistakes seem to be in the process of being corrected, but I can see where some players may be a little wary still.

Having said all that, I'm pretty sure that I can count on 1 hand the number of people who actually give a shit about what Matt Barnes thinks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes is definitely a blowhard and an idiot- but if you look at it objectively- who in the NBa would want Jimmy Buss running their basketball ops? ITs obvious that this guy would never have this job if not for being involved in ownership. When you look around the league and see a bunch of guys that have Ivy league MBAs AND started out as scouts but worked their way up- or guys that have played the game and know it like no other (like Larry Bird)- if you were being honest where you would you rank Buss? it has to be at or very near the very bottom

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 2 things that I can think of that would cause FA's to have concerns about the Lakers FO.

1.) Dwight: Not necessarily that Dwight left, but the way the Lakers went about trying to get him to stay. Their efforts were only about a step above sliding a contract across the table, saying "sign it or don't" and then handing him a pen that's out of ink. From the perspective of some players, that may be seen as pretty disrespectful. They acquitted themselves much better in their pursuit of Lebron and 'Melo, but that Dwight stuff may still linger a bit.

2.) Jim Buss: While some of the criticism he's gotten is undeserved, there is much that is deserved. Some of his earlier mistakes seem to be in the process of being corrected, but I can see where some players may be a little wary still.

Having said all that, I'm pretty sure that I can count on 1 hand the number of people who actually give a shit about what Matt Barnes thinks.

You don't need any fingers to count how many gives a hoot about the opinions of Barnes - lol. If the Lakers had got Chris Paul, then they would have had Dwight Howard a year sooner and with Howard - Chris Paul the Lakers would have been competitive. Looking back at that, however I don't think that combo would have ever won a championship. I just don't think Howard has the grit and balls to play hard and be a killer when it's needed to close out games that are on the line