• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvin

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that its time (actually past the time) for Marvin to go. He’s been here long enough, he turned the franchise around, got them from a laughingstock to, well, a different kind of laughing stock.
He seems to have a good eye for drafting (except linebackers), but he is a piss poor motivator, has no passion or killer instinct, and refuses to put players in the best position to be successful.
The chances of a coaching change is minimal, unless somehow it gets worse than yesterday.
So my question to all of you is, REALISTICALLY speaking, who would you replace Marvin with, and more importantly (and depressing), who would Mikey replace Marvin with?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most obvious two candidates from Mikey's perspective, if he is married to Dalton at this point, would be Hue or Gruden when he's canned by the Skins.
The worst case scenario would be a head coach re-tread, someone like Mike Singletary (rumors that he will be a candidate this offseason) or Tony Sparano or someone like that.

I'm not even sure who I would want, which is embarrassing that I can't even answer my own question.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lewis%20dead%20inside.png

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no to gruden, unless it's the other gruden whom is a terrible announcer or stat reader or manikin

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin is really good at evaluating talent. He has had some really great drafts since Brown have him control of that. But he is really dreadful at managing games.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by some act of God or another divine entity that Brown fires Lewis, I'd like to see them take a chance on a college coach. Someone like Brian Kelly.

After we collapse to 8-7-1 I'm fully expecting the Marvin contract extension. In the words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT!'"

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't imagine Mikey ever firing Marvin, no matter how bad it gets. i think we all know that time was long overdue well before the consecutive playoff appearances started. I also can't imagine Dalton not playing out his entire contract, also no matter how bad it gets. Mike Brown values loyalty above a winning culture, and he's loyal to a fault to those who are loyal to him. I expect Marvin to continue here at least through the length of Dalton's contract, before he retires. So the future forecast is mediocrity with the occasional losing playoff game because that's what Marvin and Andy are about.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will prop up Marvin's corpse long after he's dead to be the head coach.

the coordinators will basically just have to debate with each other who gets to be in charge for real.