• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marty trade for Callahan and picks

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any early information on it? You think he stays or tests the market?

Gm steve yzerman and owner Jeff vinik said there goal and intent is to try and get Callahan resigned

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Lightning fans will soon learn the same for Cally. This was a really good deal, first time two Captains were traded for one another.

Congrats to Stammer on getting the ''C'' well deserved. :suds:

True forgot all about that. With all the SportsHoopla centered around the trade, forgot Stamkos made his return with the "C". Well deserved.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True forgot all about that. With all the SportsHoopla centered around the trade, forgot Stamkos made his return with the "C". Well deserved.

Look at it this way we added stamkos and Callahan and lost St. Louis at the deadline

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way we added stamkos and Callahan and lost St. Louis at the deadline

True, they just might be a stronger team now than they were before the trade.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, they just might be a stronger team now than they were before the trade.

Plus we got the draft picks! A for sure first rounder in 2015! A second in 2014 if cally does not resign! But hearing from yzerman and vinik it looks like they will get Callahan signed. They must like his leadership and style of play. Then here comes drouin in next year look out for the lightning doobee! We are coming to contend with your penguins. For the rangers it's a good deal Marty will give more offense then Callahan did! Plus Marty can play 2 or 3 years more easy! Maybe 4 he is a work out machine!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's good. Hope he does.
lots of lightning fans think callahan will sign with buffalo! but I just get the feeling the lightning will get callahan signed for 5.5 million per season for 6 years. Tampa has a lot of up side weather no state taxes! bishop, Drouin, Stamkos and hedman. Tampa has close to 24 million dollars in cap space this summer! thats without buying out malone which I expect they will do that. Callahan is asking for 6.25 million per season for 6 years! so well see if yzerman can close that gap a bit. But in knowing yzerman callahan is a guy he wants that grit is something tampa is and always has been missing. a letter from mr. vinik to lightning fans Letter from Jeff Vinik on trade of Marty St. Louis - Tampa Bay Lightning - News

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of lightning fans think callahan will sign with buffalo! but I just get the feeling the lightning will get callahan signed for 5.5 million per season for 6 years. Tampa has a lot of up side weather no state taxes! bishop, Drouin, Stamkos and hedman. Tampa has close to 24 million dollars in cap space this summer! thats without buying out malone which I expect they will do that. Callahan is asking for 6.25 million per season for 6 years! so well see if yzerman can close that gap a bit. But in knowing yzerman callahan is a guy he wants that grit is something tampa is and always has been missing. a letter from mr. vinik to lightning fans Letter from Jeff Vinik on trade of Marty St. Louis - Tampa Bay Lightning - News

Well that's what worried us as well. Him going back home to play with Buffalo since he is a Rochester, NY native. Sabres also have said they will throw big money at him and name him the Captain of the team. Idk if you guys will give him 6.25M, but Buffalo sure will. If his price goes down, than more power to you guys. You got a guy who will play his heart out, each and every night.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's what worried us as well. Him going back home to play with Buffalo since he is a Rochester, NY native. Sabres also have said they will throw big money at him and name him the Captain of the team. Idk if you guys will give him 6.25M, but Buffalo sure will. If his price goes down, than more power to you guys. You got a guy who will play his heart out, each and every night.
ya but buffalo is a mess right now! pat lafontaine quit after a month or 2 ? they are going to be rebuilding for 3 or 4 years ? does callahan want that ? IDK if he does or not ? but I think it's 50/50 he signs with tampa or buffalo

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the next 4 years which town gives callahan a better chance at a stanley cup ? Tampa Bay or Buffalo ?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the next 4 years which town gives callahan a better chance at a stanley cup ? Tampa Bay or Buffalo ?

Oh I agree, it's TB without a doubt, as it was with us. But players love going home, and for more money ala Zach Parise.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Lightning fans will soon learn the same for Cally. This was a really good deal, first time two Captains were traded for one another.

Congrats to Stammer on getting the ''C'' well deserved. :suds:

Cally did play with a lot of heart for the Bolts against Buffalo Thursday night! I was very impressed with his face off wins, he lead the Bolts in hits with 4 of them & he seems to have that energy about him that just plain out drives him to the puck & the opposing team's net! Way to go Cally, I hope the Bolts don't bring you down! :yahoo:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Cally is out shinning MSL! Cally has only 4 GP to MSL's 6, Cally has a goal & assists, MSL no goals so far! Cally is leading in points, +/-, and shot %! MSL is leading in PIM 2-0! We miss him but it's looking like we have better team player so far & that's hard to say or to swallow. GOOOOOOOOOOO CAAAAAALLY & of course GOOOOOOOOOOO FIIIIIIIIILLP!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Cally is out shinning MSL! Cally has only 4 GP to MSL's 6, Cally has a goal & assists, MSL no goals so far! Cally is leading in points, +/-, and shot %! MSL is leading in PIM 2-0! We miss him but it's looking like we have better team player so far & that's hard to say or to swallow. GOOOOOOOOOOO CAAAAAALLY & of course GOOOOOOOOOOO FIIIIIIIIILLP!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:
yep but the question is can we resign callahan ?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Todd & the Bolts will have their hands full trying to resign everyone. My thoughts are, but I'm not sure of these contracts, that Johnny, Palat, Gudas, Killorn, Brown, etc. will want more money for what they have accomplished when they got called up from the AHL when Stammers went down. Filpp is another great contributer with his F/O% & play making puck control! I'm not sure what his contract is but they really need to resign him also if it is up. A lot of good talent on this team but a lot of rough edges to iron out, like the lack of D! The team plays great if they can continue to play the team Defense, as they did against Jersey! However, I still feel this team needs at least one #1 D-Man. Well, it will be fun to watch them try to negotiate contracts & I feel as a fan there will be more heartbreaks!
GOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOLTS!!!!!!! :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Todd & the Bolts will have their hands full trying to resign everyone. My thoughts are, but I'm not sure of these contracts, that Johnny, Palat, Gudas, Killorn, Brown, etc. will want more money for what they have accomplished when they got called up from the AHL when Stammers went down. Filpp is another great contributer with his F/O% & play making puck control! I'm not sure what his contract is but they really need to resign him also if it is up. A lot of good talent on this team but a lot of rough edges to iron out, like the lack of D! The team plays great if they can continue to play the team Defense, as they did against Jersey! However, I still feel this team needs at least one #1 D-Man. Well, it will be fun to watch them try to negotiate contracts & I feel as a fan there will be more heartbreaks!
GOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOLTS!!!!!!! :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap:

Looking forward, the future is bright. Yzerman will have a busy summer. He's got to re-up on the young RFA's, Bish is in line for an extension and then he has to make a decision on Callahan. I think Callahan is a keeper, he's that type of forward we need. I think Teddy will be moved, perhaps bought out? I think they will try and trade Malone with a year left on his deal somebody may take a chance on him if the bolts retain some salary. I can see Yzerman moving Lindy and looking to get a vet backup goalie. I do think Yzerman will push hard for a defenseman, Connolly, Barberio and a pick for Edler, somert along those lines. Then I can see Yzerman looking for a RW in FA, I thinking either Radim Vrbata or Steve Downie. Lines :

Drouin-Stamkos-Vrbata/Downie
Palat-Fillpula-Callahan
Killorn-Johnny-Kucherov
Brown-Thompson-Crombeen

Pyatt-Panik

Edler-Hedman
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Kostka

Bishop-Clemensen/Labarbera

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward, the future is bright. Yzerman will have a busy summer. He's got to re-up on the young RFA's, Bish is in line for an extension and then he has to make a decision on Callahan. I think Callahan is a keeper, he's that type of forward we need. I think Teddy will be moved, perhaps bought out? I think they will try and trade Malone with a year left on his deal somebody may take a chance on him if the bolts retain some salary. I can see Yzerman moving Lindy and looking to get a vet backup goalie. I do think Yzerman will push hard for a defenseman, Connolly, Barberio and a pick for Edler, somert along those lines. Then I can see Yzerman looking for a RW in FA, I thinking either Radim Vrbata or Steve Downie. Lines :

Drouin-Stamkos-Vrbata/Downie
Palat-Fillpula-Callahan
Killorn-Johnny-Kucherov
Brown-Thompson-Crombeen

Pyatt-Panik

Edler-Hedman
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Kostka

Bishop-Clemensen/Labarbera
palat, Johnson and killorn will be the biggest money rfa's to resign for sure! I'd love for them to sign callahan and dowine that would really give us some grit for sure! i would pass on Vrbata no need for him really. Ya I see purcell being the buyout and maybe letting malone hang here one more season. Brian Elliott would be my number one back up goalie target!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Vrbata, we tried that once he doesn't like it here. I think Malone and Purcell will both go one way or another. Try hard to keep Callahan, every team needs one like him.