• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marty trade for Callahan and picks

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me we've had Downie once maybe twice before. If he wasn't the answer than, why would he be now? Just asking, not trying to be harsh.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me we've had Downie once maybe twice before. If he wasn't the answer than, why would he be now? Just asking, not trying to be harsh.

He's a good player and we got a pretty good goalie prospect in Vasilevski for him in the end. He was a solid contributor but we trading him because we were selling at that point. He's a good friend of Stammer's, both he and Stammer has chemistry when playing together, infact his best season 22 G 24 A came when he played Stammer as well as Marty. I always liked Downie, he would gives us a more physical presence which we need, he's gritty, he's just that sort of player we need upfront. We have enough skilled guys we need some more sandpaper like guys, like a Ryan Callahan, like a Steve Downie who can complement our skilled guys, you know guys who get to front of the net, go and get the puck in the corner, play with a physical edge, those are the players we need!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good player and we got a pretty good goalie prospect in Vasilevski for him in the end. He was a solid contributor but we trading him because we were selling at that point. He's a good friend of Stammer's, both he and Stammer has chemistry when playing together, infact his best season 22 G 24 A came when he played Stammer as well as Marty. I always liked Downie, he would gives us a more physical presence which we need, he's gritty, he's just that sort of player we need upfront. We have enough skilled guys we need some more sandpaper like guys, like a Ryan Callahan, like a Steve Downie who can complement our skilled guys, you know guys who get to front of the net, go and get the puck in the corner, play with a physical edge, those are the players we need!
every one thinks we need defenseman ? yes we do but getting steve dowine and resigning ryan callahan would put this team over the top! they check. as danny said we have skilled players! we need more grinders up front to keep the attack going. if we forecheck better and keep it out of are zone more maybe are defense would not be so bad! we also need to keep mike kostka around next season he brings that toughness and checking have sustr replace salo next year or just keep salo one more year. yzerman flat out said resigning callahan is there goal they have not had a player like him since sean bergenheim and moore! remember the 2011 nhl playoffs? who were the guys stepping up ? bergenheim, Moore and dowine. we never replaced those type of players and callahan is a great start.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore was a heck of a player for us and now he's doing a good job for the Rangers. I'd like to get him back.