• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark May Last night

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone catch the game last night at Half time when Mark may was taliking about the ND Mich rivalry? I thought it was quite funny. Mark may is a Doushe Nozzle. Go Utes!

Notre Dame is ending its series of football games against Michigan, and Irish coach Brian Kelly raised controversy over the weekend when he claimed the Wolverines weren't a rival. That led ESPN's college football panel of Joe Tessitore, Mark May, and Lou Holtz to take on the topic during halftime of last night's Florida State-Pitt matchup, where the network's resident blowhard spoke truth to power.

No, wait, he lied. That's the opposite of truth.

May claimed the following:

I can't have much doubt. I think it's a terrific rivalry. And when GameDay comes to town they know it's a big game, everybody knows it's a big game. Growing up in upstate New York, I used to watch it when I was growing up, when it was on television.
Really, Mark? Notre Dame didn't play Michigan while you were growing up. In fact, the first time Notre Dame played Michigan in your lifetime, it was 1978. You were a sophomore offensive lineman for the Pitt Panthers, where presumably you weren't watching because you were on the field playing against Temple. You were playing against Kansas during the Notre Dame-Michigan game the next two years, so we're pretty sure the first time you ever watched Notre Dame play Michigan it was the day before you played in St. Louis against the Cardinals as a member of the Washington Redskins.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May is teh retarded.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO! That is truly terrific.

He is sincerely on a different level of stupid. He's a notch above guys who put giant hoop earrings in that stretch their earlobes to the size of dinner plates. He's actually stupider than them. In fact, in the walking general population, he is quite possibly the stupidest person among any given group on any given day of the week. If he stands outside of the Westboro Baptist Church as the service lets out, he may not be the dumbest, but he's still up there.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said "Johnny Football isn't acting like a professional"

:doh:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what Mark May says? The dude blew 5 guys at Pitt...

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone catch the game last night at Half time when Mark may was taliking about the ND Mich rivalry? I thought it was quite funny. Mark may is a Doushe Nozzle. Go Utes!

Notre Dame is ending its series of football games against Michigan, and Irish coach Brian Kelly raised controversy over the weekend when he claimed the Wolverines weren't a rival. That led ESPN's college football panel of Joe Tessitore, Mark May, and Lou Holtz to take on the topic during halftime of last night's Florida State-Pitt matchup, where the network's resident blowhard spoke truth to power.

No, wait, he lied. That's the opposite of truth.

May claimed the following:

I can't have much doubt. I think it's a terrific rivalry. And when GameDay comes to town they know it's a big game, everybody knows it's a big game. Growing up in upstate New York, I used to watch it when I was growing up, when it was on television.
Really, Mark? Notre Dame didn't play Michigan while you were growing up. In fact, the first time Notre Dame played Michigan in your lifetime, it was 1978. You were a sophomore offensive lineman for the Pitt Panthers, where presumably you weren't watching because you were on the field playing against Temple. You were playing against Kansas during the Notre Dame-Michigan game the next two years, so we're pretty sure the first time you ever watched Notre Dame play Michigan it was the day before you played in St. Louis against the Cardinals as a member of the Washington Redskins.

He didn't say what year. Also a lot of people consider the 20's as part of the time they were growing up.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why everyone is chasing after Mark May? Did he insult your team once? Everyone is fair play on television.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike him more than anyone on the set. He tries to act like his "knowledge" is superior to everyone else.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its an act and he is playing to his audience whom most probably did grow up watching Michigan/Notre Dame so you get a nation of zombies nodding their heads going, yeah..yeah.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say what year. Also a lot of people consider the 20's as part of the time they were growing up.

Saying that he remembers something "while he was growing up" when he experienced it for the first time at 20 is foolish at the least. That's like saying "I remember having sex when I was growing up" or "I remember doing blow when I was growing up". It doesn't make any sense. I remember watching Michigan dominate OSU when I was growing up because that took place back in the 90s when I was between the ages of 6-16, the ages that I was, you know, growing up.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark May while a college player at Pitt was arrested for DWI and also for inciting a riot so when he lectures other players about "bringing shame to the game":wtf2:

Plus he blew 5 guys while at Pitt.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree with Kelly.

ESPN is trying to make the Notre Dame / Michigan rivalry as some all time rivalry.
It is a decent rivalry and fairly large regional game, but it wont even crack the top 25 rivalry games.

ESPN talking heads see the historic names and think it is a forever rivalry when in truth it has only been around since the 1980s.

I would not be surprised if 50% of the ESPN anchors honestly believe it was huge in the 1950s, 60s and 70s. They did not even play a single game in those years.
In that regard, Mark May is no different than most of his coworkers.

With essentially the last 10-12 years rarely fielding a top 10 national showdown thanks to bad ND teams and uneven Michigan teams, you could argue it was even a shorter rivalry when it truly mattered.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark May has always been the douchiest douchebag. If he fell off a roller coaster and broke every bone in his body, I wouldn't give a shit

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND should have worked a deal where they alternate UM and MSU every two years and kept them both going. Making excuses not to play Michigan is pansy talk.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark May is not bad IMO. Far from the worse.

Rece Davis is my favorite, and that has nothing to do with where he went to school, which he keeps in check so well most people probably don't even know.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them all. Love Reece May and Holtz segments.

Tessitore is awesome, but I really like Dari Nokah on College Football Daily