• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Cuban: 'NFL is 10 years from implosion'

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What BS! The NFL has done a great job to strengthen fan bases throughout the U.S. and fantastic job promoting the league overseas, which is a high growth area. I've been to several countries you never would believe follow the NFL, always found a sports bar with NFL Ticket to cure the cold turkey.
Rubbish, I say!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the NBA has a chance to overtake MLB in about 20 yrs.
The 2 reasons I would disagree with this is that America will have more Asians, Hispanics, Nerds and women with money in 20 years. I think they'll be much more likely to support MLB, assuming that they make efforts to make games a bit shorter, than the NBA.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's wrong about the way the league is heading.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 reasons I would disagree with this is that America will have more Asians, Hispanics, Nerds and women with money in 20 years. I think they'll be much more likely to support MLB, assuming that they make efforts to make games a bit shorter, than the NBA.

idk about them being more likely to support MLB...the NBA is more popular around the world I'm pretty sure than MLB with the original Olympic Dream team really having a major impact. Then Yao Ming's presence exploded the game in China.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about them being more likely to support MLB...the NBA is more popular around the world I'm pretty sure than MLB with the original Olympic Dream team really having a major impact. Then Yao Ming's presence exploded the game in China.
And thats the NBA's big selling point: celebrity. The Chinese exchange students I was watching an NBA game with once weren't watching the Rockets. They were watching the Heat. They were watching Lebron. I think basketball has a chance to be the most watched sport in the world because no one can do what NBA players do. The problem the NBA has is that no one cares about who the Harlem Globetrotters are playing and no one likes to watch free throws.

I stick by my 'NBA and MLB will grow but stay in the middle' guess. Baseball games are too long, though. When a team like Boston makes the playoffs on the East coast, kids have to stay up till 11pm or midnight to watch their team on school nights. You can't have that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats the NBA's big selling point: celebrity. The Chinese exchange students I was watching an NBA game with once weren't watching the Rockets. They were watching the Heat. They were watching Lebron. I think basketball has a chance to be the most watched sport in the world because no one can do what NBA players do. The problem the NBA has is that no one cares about who the Harlem Globetrotters are playing and no one likes to watch free throws.

I stick by my 'NBA and MLB will grow but stay in the middle' guess. Baseball games are too long, though. When a team like Boston makes the playoffs on the East coast, kids have to stay up till 11pm or midnight to watch their team on school nights. You can't have that.

You could be spot with your "middle" guess...I actually agree with that...I just think MLB has an older fan base...they are stronger in numbers right now when it comes to TV ratings, but 20 yrs from now...I'm not sure if that will be the case...I see the big 4 changing from NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, to the NBA and MLB switching positions behind the NFL.