• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota MCL problem. DO the right thing Helfrich

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An MCL sprain is a tear.

MCL Sprain Diagnosis:

Such sprains are graded according to the severity of the injury:
Grade I: The ligament has microscopic tears, but the joint is still stable.
Grade II: The ligament has been partially torn and there is a certain amount of instability in the joint.
Grade III: The ligament has been completely ruptured, either in the middle of the ligament, or torn away from one of the attachments to bone and the knee joint is completely unstable.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braxton Miller had this injury early in the year. I could not find where they identified what the grade was but he missed most of the SDSU game where it was injured and 3 starts beyond that. When he returned it took a couple of games before he started looking like he was completely healed.

Taylor Decker (starting RT for tOSU) sustained the same type of injury in the last game vs Purdue. Doubtful if he would play if this wasn't a bye week. He may be back next week.

I hope Mariota is ok and they exercise good judgment regarding his health and future.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors surrounding Mariota's knee last right were true. He had a sprained MCL. Not torn.

This isnt an excuse making thread 1st off. Rather a plea to the Duck coaching staff.

THe kid should not play the rest of the year. As much as it pains me to say this for my own selfish reasons, we need to think about Mariota's future. It is a bright one IMO.

When Dennis Dixon tore his knee ligaments, he started the game vs Zona with an already partial tear/sprain of his knee ligaments. He was never the same after the full blown out knee.

Marcus Mariota should not play another down of football this year. He needs to be given time to let the knee heal and come back to the University of Oregon next year, or enter the draft.

A full blown knee could cost him millions of dollars.

So, Oregon.... From a 20 year season ticket holder and booster. Please do the right thing for the bright future of #8. Lets not be selfish.

This will require some theme music.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=torz_CwzaTM]The Young & The Restless - Early 80s Opening Theme - YouTube[/ame]

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCL Sprain Diagnosis:

Such sprains are graded according to the severity of the injury:
Grade I: The ligament has microscopic tears, but the joint is still stable.
Grade II: The ligament has been partially torn and there is a certain amount of instability in the joint.
Grade III: The ligament has been completely ruptured, either in the middle of the ligament, or torn away from one of the attachments to bone and the knee joint is completely unstable.

Like I said a sprain is a tear

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad for the kid. He seems to be a class individual and a great player. Hopefully it'll heal, and all will be moot. Maybe a week off?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any leaked word on severity?

If it's not too bad hopefully long week rest and not playing vs Utah is enough.