• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Twins 4/5, 4/7, 4/8

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on THAT note...

so it ends

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to order some pizza so I can at least have that while the Mariners disappoint me
Hey Tapey....Got any of that Pizza left??

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.... Seager. He's really been a disappointment from the last couple years. I think a lot of people thought he might turn into a routine all star but he seems to be fairly mediocre end of day. I seem to recall him making a # of errors last year too, although could be wrong.

Last year he was, the year before that he had the best year of his career. @NWinAZ and I both noticed that last year (and this year) he looks substantially heavier than he was in past years. I'd still categorize him as average or above average, but he has started to decline.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for our so called "lights out" bullpen. Some things just never change I guess.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang... 60% of Paxson's pitches were balls... Only 1 walk so looks like he was digging out of holes quite a bit... Just assuming, since i'm at work and only watching via Game Stream on Yahoo...

One of the bigger issues is his command. That was always what held him back from being elite.

I'm still at work and looking occasionally at the game which I have on in my TV in my office, but to me it looked like a lot of the balls he threw were breaking balls that he was trying to get hitters to chase. His fastball command didn't look bad. Overall solid performance by him.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for our so called "lights out" bullpen. Some things just never change I guess.
You know the saying, Duders:

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That damn Eagle put a hex on the M's for this game, I am almost certain of that. :noidea:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year he was, the year before that he had the best year of his career. @NWinAZ and I both noticed that last year (and this year) he looks substantially heavier than he was in past years. I'd still categorize him as average or above average, but he has started to decline.
The Seager hate here sorta cracks me up. I know I won't change any minds, but this guy has been a known quantity in the lineup for many years. He's practically a guaranteed 25+ HRs a year and .260 or better. Last year was an aberration with his average, but I would like to see what he hit from mid-May on. I bet was around .280, and he still ended up with high 20s HRs despite only having like 2 or 3 through the first 40 games or so. My biggest gripe on Kyle is that he makes the great plays at 3rd but then then boots routine ones more than he should. He hasn't hit well so far the first handful of games (oh my!!), but anyone wanna take any bets on where his numbers will end up?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seager hate here sorta cracks me up. I know I won't change any minds, but this guy has been a known quantity in the lineup for many years. He's practically a guaranteed 25+ HRs a year and .260 or better. Last year was an aberration with his average, but I would like to see what he hit from mid-May on. I bet was around .280, and he still ended up with high 20s HRs despite only having like 2 or 3 through the first 40 games or so. My biggest gripe on Kyle is that he makes the great plays at 3rd but then then boots routine ones more than he should. He hasn't hit well so far the first handful of games (oh my!!), but anyone wanna take any bets on where his numbers will end up?

Yeah I agree with you, but the hate I believe stems from the fact that he's a guy who would generally improve either offensively or defensively for years. I think the hate is a little overblown, but there are a few reasons for it aside from that. He is the 3rd highest paid third baseman in MLB and regressed both offensively and defensively last year.

Also it's easy to get frustrated with a player who is as streaky as Seager is.

I'd put the over/under for the year at 25 HR .260 BA. I don't think many would disagree with that. It's just frustrating watching him go through his slumps when the top of the lineup is performing so well.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marjama pinch hitter, good one Servais

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put the over/under for the year at 25 HR .260 BA. I don't think many would disagree with that. It's just frustrating watching him go through his slumps when the top of the lineup is performing so well.
I'll take the over on that. The only season in the last 4 he hasn't topped both of those was last year with the avg due to that horrific April. He missed the HRs by 3 in 2013 or it would be 5 straight seasons with 25+ bombs. The only thing stopping him would be injury. The people here who say he's declining are full of it. Just look at the numbers, easy to find. Shoot, someone just said he's been a "disappointment" the last couple years when just the season before last was a career year. People get a little too carried away with the exaggeration and hyperbole when the team is losing.

I would like to see the guy start off better as well, but the truth is he's been really productive year in and year out. And streaky? Maybe, but I haven't seen proof he's more streaky than anyone else. Maybe some stat nerd can show it, but I just haven't seen objective proof. It's not like .250 hitters go 1 for 4 every game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with you, but the hate I believe stems from the fact that he's a guy who would generally improve either offensively or defensively for years. I think the hate is a little overblown, but there are a few reasons for it aside from that. He is the 3rd highest paid third baseman in MLB and regressed both offensively and defensively last year.

Also it's easy to get frustrated with a player who is as streaky as Seager is.

That and the last 2 years he's left a ton of runners left in position. Cano/Cruz/Segura are somewhat high on that list as well but they all pull their weight with average and/or HRs. So he doesn't really have a clutch factor.

AND WTF was that last pitch? That's a fucking strike you fucking cheat ump... naturally it's belted for a HR after... fuck you. Yah Rosario, I wouldn't be celebrating that one, you lucky fucker. Better be strikes from here on out you POS ump. Time to ditch these fat fucks and go computer.

EDIT: Fuckin' douche Twins player sitting around like, "Oh I know I swung on strike 3, but I thought you'd bail me out, bro!?"

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so awesome that they let the blind umpire games

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we let that one get away. Could have played the spoiler for another Opening Day.

Those are the games a good team will win. way too many missed opportunities all game long to add a run or 2 in a few different innings an we came up with a big 0.

No excuse for the last inning ( 7th or 8th ) with guys on 1st and 3rd and NOBODY out and your 4-5-6 hitters can't even get a ball out of the infield. i think we went K - weak grounder to 1st and weak grounder to 2nd.

They will learn or they will lose alot of games like today. To finish with 2 runs scored and all those blown chances is exactly the formula for losing a bunch of games.

Pitching for us wasn't great by any means today.... but they pitched well enough for us to win the game had hitters got the job done and cashed in a a few of the many opportunities they had all game long.

Now they have to win 2 in a row or they let the series go to the Twinkies

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude this mother fucka' Rodney is still playing? Jesus Christ, dude. This was the arrow guy, wasn't it?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude this mother fucka' Rodney is still playing? Jesus Christ, dude. This was the arrow guy, wasn't it?
Yep, he's the arrow dude. Wonder if that's still his thing? Might find out real quick here.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup

He pitched NL with the Diamondbacks for the past 2-3 yrs so you didn't see him unless you followed NL games also.

Me = NOT a Rodney fan ... but he is still a fairly effective closer or he wouldn't keep catching on with clubs