• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Rangers 8/12 - 8/14

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wrote we had the easiest remaining schedule once we finished up with the Yanks. Apparently the team read that too.

Losing 2 out of 3 to the f'n rangers?

This is why I wanted more bats at the deadline. They just aren't setup to win games when the other team scores more than 4 and you are going to have some of those no matter how good your pitching staff is.

The idea that you can only have either a great pitching staff or lots of hitting is ludicrous to me.
I don't know why but I had a feeling the team would suddenly play down to the competition.

Actually I do know why! It's the Mariners we're talking about.

Sweep the Angels and make up for it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point being is Haniger to us is a must produce bat if signed because we limit our payroll vs the Dodgers or Padres who see him as a bonus bat. If he gets hurt, they have resources to replace him. So much harder doing it our way which we all know.

My prediction: 3/$30M
I can’t remember but didn’t Jerry offer him 5 or something Divish reported. I 100% agree that Haniger would get a 3/30 deal but IMO it would at max be a guarantee of 1/8 because of a team option and it would be the most incentive laden contact in baseball. Essentially it would be a NFL free agent contract, kind of the opposite of how Russell Wilson got a baseball contract when he resigned with the Hawks.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be completely right, and you've been right on Haniger more than I have been, so perhaps I should defer to you but I see it differently.

Regarding Haniger wanting to take his time recovering, I see it differently. He has had so many injuries in his career that he knows his body better than anyone. Also you have to remember that after ruptured testicle injury he had, he had a number of setbacks in recovery and who could blame him for not wanting to rush back after that?

With him not wanting to negotiate a contract extension, once again you could be right, but I just keep going back to that article he wrote in the Players Tribune and the fact that he was one of the guys who tried to convince Robbie Ray to sign here and think that he wants to win here. Those two factors make me think there are other reasons for refusing to negotiate with the Mariners. Perhaps we low balled him, perhaps his agents are playing hardball, perhaps he thinks he can get the best deal if he waits until he hits the market. Who knows?

I could see the Mariners low balling him because of all the injuries and the strong OF market this upcoming free agency.
I replied on his letter above. Many subtle disses towards Jerry.

With injuries, maybe so but some guys will do anything to get back and others have to be 100% which everyone knows in sports you are never 100%.

We shall see this offseason. I am not even bothering to following this offseason. I will let you guys tell me what crp we got and what studs 'refused' to come here.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t remember but didn’t Jerry offer him 5 or something Divish reported. I 100% agree that Haniger would get a 3/30 deal but IMO it would at max be a guarantee of 1/8 because of a team option and it would be the most incentive laden contact in baseball. Essentially it would be a NFL free agent contract, kind of the opposite of how Russell Wilson got a baseball contract when he resigned with the Hawks.
I see 100% guaranteed 3 year deal in his future.

I have never heard that we offered any deal to him. Only that it takes two to negotiate direct from Jerry.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AxelSanchez
SS
MOD124911176242361411.347.439.7961.235

hitting well at modesto...after 50 at bats

Josh Hood 13..should be able..to go modesto soon..and that wuold take care of the ss...shortage..for he mariners..

no one has seen HS guys yet..prob wont till after...ACL..season is over...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will have to protect..carlson..at end of season...and he is coming on know..hopefully to..aqua soon
RHP Devin Sweet

Jake Scheiner...prob done
OF Jack Larsen
Joe Rizzo

that is 1st..and 3rd..at arkasas..the out field..is ok
2b
ss
all ok
tacoma has a lot of depth there