• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Minors

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea how to upload the new X crap. But on their Twitter feed it showed Montes easily stealing 3B….which again I will say, I have no idea why everyone says this dude is a DH only. No one will ever be able to convince me that a 19 year that can hit stand up triples and can easily steal 3B can’t be taught to play passable COF. I get the whole projection stuff but not sure why they are projected 40 lbs of just fat on him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea how to upload the new X crap

After you cut and paste the link:

after the https:// it will say x.com change the x.com to twitter.com That is it. No other changes. Just change the 'x' to 'twitter'.

And yes he is not a DH only. He proved that to me in spring training. Someday if he gets too big then maybe but he is far from that and he is already a better OF than Haniger so I am not worried about that part.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After you cut and paste the link:

after the https:// it will say x.com change the x.com to twitter.com That is it. No other changes. Just change the 'x' to 'twitter'.

And yes he is not a DH only. He proved that to me in spring training. Someday if he gets too big then maybe but he is far from that and he is already a better OF than Haniger so I am not worried about that part.
I’m not worried either I’m just really confused on what I am missing since basically every prospect expert/Mariners insider/podcaster etc says he is a DH only. People talk about him as if he is Edgar or Kyle Lewis where they had destroyed knees.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not worried either I’m just really confused on what I am missing since basically every prospect expert/Mariners insider/podcaster etc says he is a DH only. People talk about him as if he is Edgar or Kyle Lewis where they had destroyed knees.
Ya that is crazy. I thought originally they were saying that because of his poor defense, but I thought he was just fine in spring. He is fine like I said unless he hits a growth spurt and hits 250+

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya that is crazy. I thought originally they were saying that because of his poor defense, but I thought he was just fine in spring. He is fine like I said unless he hits a growth spurt and hits 250+
The way everyone talked about him I honestly thought he already was huge when I saw him, and to me his body was prime Junior. Same with his defense, he played fine. I truly don’t know but is there a history of Cubans coming over and letting themselves go?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way everyone talked about him I honestly thought he already was huge when I saw him, and to me his body was prime Junior. Same with his defense, he played fine. I truly don’t know but is there a history of Cubans coming over and letting themselves go?
Some but not to the point it should scare you off. It comes with all players from all poor countries. I mean a million in most baseball countries set you up for life.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some but not to the point it should scare you off. It comes with all players from all poor countries. I mean a million in most baseball countries set you up for life.
Yeah I don’t know, it just blows my mind that it seems everyone projects him to either balloon up or lose all of his athleticism. Seems counter intuitive that a guy who hasn’t hit his prime yet will lose all of it.

And everyone on twitter always attack me with the do you know more than professional scouts, obviously I don’t but there is some massive disconnect between reality and projection….much like Arroyo. And kind of like the Julio conversation where he almost unanimously considered a top 10 player in baseball and it’s like based off of what

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And everyone on twitter always attack me with the do you know more than professional scouts,
Nobody in professional sports is wrong more that baseball scouts. It is the nature of the business. Look at the success/fail rate. It is way below 50/50.