• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: MARINERS MINORS 2021

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be pretty stunned if Kelenic saw action in a minor league game, Gilbert I'm unsure if it will be AA or Tacoma.
Yeah, I have no clue. Gilbert for sure needs a couple of starts IMO but Corey Brock speculated Gilbert might be headed to Tacoma. You really think they won’t have Kelenic play a real minor league game? Just seems like it would be hard for Jerry to either sit Trammell as the 4th OF or send him down.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no clue. Gilbert for sure needs a couple of starts IMO but Corey Brock speculated Gilbert might be headed to Tacoma. You really think they won’t have Kelenic play a real minor league game? Just seems like it would be hard for Jerry to either sit Trammell as the 4th OF or send him down.
Use a 4 man OF rotation with the DH playing a big part. Of course Trammell might be best suited to go to Tacoma and work on those K's.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert for sure needs a couple of starts IMO but Corey Brock speculated Gilbert might be headed to Tacoma.
Well he struck out 6 over 3 innings today so a good warmup to wherever he is going. I don't see how making him the 6th man in the rotation would hurt him? Limits his starts therefor his innings while building up his innings. They can send him down at any point and replace him for weeks at at time to limit his innings if needed.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use a 4 man OF rotation with the DH playing a big part. Of course Trammell might be best suited to go to Tacoma and work on those K's.
Yea my original thinking was White was the one that needed to go down but he's at least looked a little more comfortable the last week. (Squaring more balls up and striking out less). I think depending on Fraley's status, it definitely makes sense for Trammell to go down at this point.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that May 1 is when he could be up but I mean I also had heard last homestand so idk. Regardless he's one of the 26 best players and the deadline has passed for service time so there really isnt any reason he shouldnt be up at this point.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not a fan at all of doing a 4 man OF rotation. Just IMO if Kelenic gets called up then he needs to be an everyday player.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that May 1 is when he could be up but I mean I also had heard last homestand so idk. Regardless he's one of the 26 best players and the deadline has passed for service time so there really isnt any reason he shouldnt be up at this point.
I just always thought it was June 1st for when the earliest we would see because the MiLB season got pushed back but obviously could be way off. Who knows, was just curious.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he struck out 6 over 3 innings today so a good warmup to wherever he is going. I don't see how making him the 6th man in the rotation would hurt him? Limits his starts therefor his innings while building up his innings. They can send him down at any point and replace him for weeks at at time to limit his innings if needed.
The whole 6th man is kind of why I thought he might have broken camp when spring first started. I still don’t know how I feel about a 6 man rotation especially when it seems like Servais likes using the bullpen as much as he does. It is kind of catch 22, of trying to limit innings but also keeping his arm built up enough that it does get an injury.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole 6th man is kind of why I thought he might have broken camp when spring first started. I still don’t know how I feel about a 6 man rotation especially when it seems like Servais likes using the bullpen as much as he does. It is kind of catch 22, of trying to limit innings but also keeping his arm built up enough that it does get an injury.
Yea I get the limiting innings thing and I think because they have guys like Sheffield and Dunn and don't have a true ace, it really makes sense for a team like the Mariners. In other situations, definitely not

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not a fan at all of doing a 4 man OF rotation. Just IMO if Kelenic gets called up then he needs to be an everyday player.
They already said that they will be giving Lewis more days off to keep him healthy. Haniger can't play everyday in the OF and stay fresh. Trammell shouldn't play everyday so a 4 more rotation is likely no matter what. You Ley Kelenic play 5 out of 6 games, Lewis 3 out of 4, Haniger 3 out of 4 in the OF and another at DH, and that leaves Trammell as the fill him probably around 4 to 5 days a week. Of course if you keep him up that means you would have to drop an RP to make room.

And just for the record, DIPoto said Kelenic wasn't coming up any time soon. They want him to get a lot of AB's vs lefties to make sure he is ready.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already said that they will be giving Lewis more days off to keep him healthy. Haniger can't play everyday in the OF and stay fresh. Trammell shouldn't play everyday so a 4 more rotation is likely no matter what. You Ley Kelenic play 5 out of 6 games, Lewis 3 out of 4, Haniger 3 out of 4 in the OF and another at DH, and that leaves Trammell as the fill him probably around 4 to 5 days a week. Of course if you keep him up that means you would have to drop an RP to make room.

And just for the record, DIPoto said Kelenic wasn't coming up any time soon. They want him to get a lot of AB's vs lefties to make sure he is ready.
If you turn Trammell into the 4th guy and let him be the rover then I guess it semi makes sense. But just IMO you shouldn’t call up your Kelenic and have him roaming position to position. The last with Dipoto I think is bs. No matter where he ends up in the minors he isn’t going to be seeing enough lefties to get a legitimate gauge on his ability. This is why I wanted them to just bite the bullet and put him on the opening day roster. The M’s aren’t looking bad right now and bringing up a cocky rookie might upset the apple cart. But, then he was wasted an entire season last year and keeping him down for a prolonged time is wasting another year. Selfishly I would love him to come to Tacoma though, A. To see him but B. He needs to not be coming from Arizona then trying to adapt to Seattle or any other northern teams climate (may be over thinking that one though)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but am I the only one who is surprised that Taylor Trammell was such a highly regarded prospect? This isn't at all predicated on his performance so far this season, but looking at his numbers in the minors (I know that isn't everything), he really wasn't great at the plate in his most recent stint in AA. Generally with most top-100 prospects, the number justify the hype, I don't really see that with Trammell. Hopefully I'm wrong, but out of all of the Mariners top prospects, he's the one I'm least excited about.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but am I the only one who is surprised that Taylor Trammell was such a highly regarded prospect? This isn't at all predicated on his performance so far this season, but looking at his numbers in the minors (I know that isn't everything), he really wasn't great at the plate in his most recent stint in AA. Generally with most top-100 prospects, the number justify the hype, I don't really see that with Trammell. Hopefully I'm wrong, but out of all of the Mariners top prospects, he's the one I'm least excited about.
You are not wrong. That overused word 'Potential' got him on the list because he was a freak athlete in high school. That sticks with a guy for years throughout the minors until he truly uses it all up. That is why I argue so much on these farm ratings crap and the use of potential. Potential, as I say, means haven't done nothing yet.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to understand why M's don't use rookie SP's as RP's in the majors when they are a year or two away from making it. For me it is a great way to build them up innings wise while controlling them with major league staff around them daily as well as giving them real major league experience. I know my mind wavers at times, but I was pretty sure this was a practice at times in the 80's and 90's with top prospects so I did some research.

Saberhagen rookie year made 18 starts and 20 relief apps. for 157.2 innings

Cone rookie year 0 GS, 11 RA, 22.2 Inn.
2nd year 13 GS, 8 RA, 99.1 Inn
3rd year 28 GS, 7 RA, 231.1 Inn

Finley rookie year 0 GS, 25 RA, 46.1 Inn
2nd year 3 GS, 32 RA, 90.2 Inn.

Pedro rookie year 1 GS, 1 RA, 8 Inn.
2nd year 2 GS, 63 RA, 107 Inn

Orel rookie year 0 GS, 8 RA, 8 Inn
2nd year 20 GS, 25 RA, 189.2

Schilling rookie thru 5th year 31 GS, 101 RA, 388 Inn.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..that was my..eval..as well on trammell..

but the clubs(mlb)...have a better..idea..of..actual...lvl of talent..and progress..than the numbers show...which..is what we fans have to go by..and
the...look test..just seeing them play..and there was the whole pandemic...time...that we could not see progress..even though...guys were still working

trammell..passes..the look test...even at mlb...so...he will be there...does he need to go down...uuhh...yeahh...he strikes out waaaay to much...hello..lol

but trammell is part of the mariners future............mlb teams in general..carry..5 or 6..outfield guys on the 40 man

mariners..of guys
haniger......Rf
lewis............CF
kelenic.......LF/cf...well..we know..it will be

trammell...of
fraley.........of
not on the 40 man at this time...but..will be..should start at..AA
julio..rodriguez

yeah the mariners are looking good...in the out field...for now...
so in the draft they need to concentrate..on other areas..yeah??....but they still need good outfield guys coming through the system
prob p[iority..mariners draft
pitching
infield

catchers
1 collage
1..HS

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very interesting..is that..the mariners..are playing..haniger..at Dh..more..which...would put julio rodriguez...in RF..later
cuz
france..plays..2B..if his defence numbers are good...........and i have not checked fan graphs. on that...then there is a possibility..that..the mariners..do not need
a free agent 2b
but they still would need 1 more Left handed hitter..in the line up..but there are other ways..to take care of that

but that would fill there ..mlb..line up...and maybe...shed long..is 2B..Left handed hitter off the bench...cuz i know.....shed long can do it at mlb...if he is healthy
which..may put marmos job..in jeopardy...if he is still..slumping..when..long comes back...cuz...france can play 1B.or Dh..if long is put in the line up

all speculation....lolol