• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: MARINERS MINORS 2021

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think..lewis will be in CF..and kelenic in LF/cf as the back up to lewis in Cf..but play LF..full time..cuz lewis.is the better natural athlete..and can jump higher...and i think..run faster....but im not sure on run faster
but kelenic..is still ....wayy goo-ood ..yeah..dont get me wrong on that...but if i have them both on the field....i want kyle in CF
and haniger..in Rf
and kelenic in LF

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phenomenal group of minor leaguers. If they can all stay healthy, the Mariners should be a very good team in a couple of years. They are definitely a team on the rise.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Manfred is about to thousands of death threats from the analytic folks. Stolen bases are the biggest crime in moneyball.
I think it is all nuts in my opinion. Baseball has a way of just making things odd. It is the only major sport to have different sized playing areas (each field is different) and different rules for each league. Now the minors are a developmental rules league. Whatever.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is all nuts in my opinion. Baseball has a way of just making things odd. It is the only major sport to have different sized playing areas (each field is different) and different rules for each league. Now the minors are a developmental rules league. Whatever.
Truthfully I am all for the minor leaguers going back to how baseball is suppose to be played then when they get called all the managers get fired. They were talking about...I think the Cardinals but don’t hold me to it. Had their lefties bunt almost the entire game. It’s the only way beat the shift and no matter what so dude who never played a game but has his protector on says, getting a person base is the vital part of offense even in them twisted world of analytics. Maybe I don’t see it but I just get how a strikeout and a single are considered the same.

Sadly I’ve seen this analytics crap move over to basketball where the Cougs coach says analytics says you shoot 3’s all night and let the big guys get the put back. Well that is nice and all when they are hitting a solid percentage but 4 possessions with 4 missed threes doesn’t advance you in a tournament.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I’ve seen this analytics crap move over to basketball where the Cougs coach says analytics says you shoot 3’s all night and let the big guys get the put back. Well that is nice and all when they are hitting a solid percentage but 4 possessions with 4 missed threes doesn’t advance you in a tournament.
Basketball was my game as a player and a coach and I hate the new game where 3's rein supreme. The thing people forget is that drives lead to fouls, free throws, and put backs. It keeps the entire offense moving. 3's keep everyone standing still, long rebounds that start fast breaks, and limited fouls on players and limited free throw attempts for you. I know all this bs that 33% for 3's equals 50% for 2's but you lose a lot of other things when you are a 3 heavy team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball was my game as a player and a coach and I hate the new game where 3's rein supreme. The thing people forget is that drives lead to fouls, free throws, and put backs. It keeps the entire offense moving. 3's keep everyone standing still, long rebounds that start fast breaks, and limited fouls on players and limited free throw attempts for you. I know all this bs that 33% for 3's equals 50% for 2's but you lose a lot of other things when you are a 3 heavy team.
Definitely won’t pretend to be knowledgeable about basketball. I just know their coach always talks about analytics and his analytics lead to double digit leads evaporating in a few possessions or losing by 8 when
. Plus it is infuriating because they finally have a bunch of guys that are 6’10. Just like baseball it has its place I am sure but just like baseball I hate when analytics is the only thing.

I just don’t understand how at a minimum of a 50/50 chance of Kyle Seager push bunting for a hit is somehow the devil as opposed to the 72-77% chance he is going to get out trying to pull the ball. A runner on 1st has the exact same percentage of scoring where he gets thrown out on a steal attempt as if he stays at first and hopes for a HR. But the percentage goes up that he will score if he is successful on a steal. Same thing with a sacrifice bunt, you give up an out but someone on second always has a higher percentage of scoring than if he is on first. The biggest hypocrisy in baseball analytics is they are cool with a dude trying to score from second on a single but the leading up to him getting to 2B. can only be a double or two walks in a row. Sorry I’ll get off my soapbox.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the Logan Gilbert draft for Mariners. As he slowly gets work in, SD high school draft pick gets first MLB start...

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the Logan Gilbert draft for Mariners. As he slowly gets work in, SD high school draft pick gets first MLB start...

Correct me if I'm wrong, here, but that is saying that the #7 pick in the draft is about to make is 1st MLB start; Gilbert was #14, right?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, here, but that is saying that the #7 pick in the draft is about to make is 1st MLB start; Gilbert was #14, right?
Yes which has nothing to do with the point. The point is service time and age has nothing to do with a call up. It just shows how the Mariners handle things differently and they are not exactly the poster child for doing things the right way. Sorry if that was confusing to you.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes which has nothing to do with the point. The point is service time and age has nothing to do with a call up. It just shows how the Mariners handle things differently and they are not exactly the poster child for doing things the right way. Sorry if that was confusing to you.
Sorry, I read it as "We could have drafted X instead of Y... but we're the Mariners..."

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also seems to me that Service Time and Age should have a good amount to do with call-ups, with the CBA as it is. Obviously the Mariners aren't the poster child for doing things the right way, but neither are the Padres.

Pointing out to your young (potential) stars that you are intentionally holding them back from a payday, on the other hand.... a very Mariner thing to do.