• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners just got Doug Fisted again

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Building an elite NFL team and an elite MLB team are two completely different games.

I see what you're saying, but in the process of shipping out the old guys, I'd like to see at least a similar amount of value exchanging hands. The first few trades he made, getting Martin in particular, a similar amount of talent swapped hands. With this trade and the Trumbo trade, the other team received a significant amount more of talent than the Mariners received.
I totally agree on the evaluation of those recent trades, it feels like we got ripped no doubt. I'm just saying that if we end up playing in October it MAY make things a little easier to digest. Although it's pretty hard right now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say give it some time before we all make a judgement, I know Jack made us all cynical of deals with perceived value.

Guess maybe he thought he needed innings eaters and one thing the Mariners have been able to do is get young power arms. A few years ago we'd all be freaking out if they dealt Capps or Pryor.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago we'd all be freaking out if they dealt Capps or Pryor.

Well if I could redo the Capps- Lomo swap I would....ya know jump on it!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would've done the LoMo deal, but I was just giving examples of the Mariners have been able to find in house bullpen guy who dominates at the big level.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting the hate apart from seeing Carson Smith go. Early on Elias looked like a guy who could surprise, but let's be honest. What improvement has he shown? He's still got 2 pitches, that changeup is not ML ready, and he's not an innings eater. I guess I'm just not as high on Elias as many of you are. From what we're hearing, Miley is a 200+ innings guy at around a 4 era. He's pitched in Arizona and Fenway recently, so Safeco can probably drop his era .25 or so. I'll absolutely take that in the rotation.

Aro, I'll wait to see what he can do, but word is he was dealing in AA/AAA. I was a believer in Smith though, so I'm not happy to see him go. Sounds like Boston wouldn't deal Miley without Smith though, so it was kind of Smith for Miley and Elias for Aro.

If Miley turns out to be more like Chris Young and less like JA Happ, I'm happy.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting the hate apart from seeing Carson Smith go. Early on Elias looked like a guy who could surprise, but let's be honest. What improvement has he shown? He's still got 2 pitches, that changeup is not ML ready, and he's not an innings eater. I guess I'm just not as high on Elias as many of you are. From what we're hearing, Miley is a 200+ innings guy at around a 4 era. He's pitched in Arizona and Fenway recently, so Safeco can probably drop his era .25 or so. I'll absolutely take that in the rotation.

Aro, I'll wait to see what he can do, but word is he was dealing in AA/AAA. I was a believer in Smith though, so I'm not happy to see him go. Sounds like Boston wouldn't deal Miley without Smith though, so it was kind of Smith for Miley and Elias for Aro.

If Miley turns out to be more like Chris Young and less like JA Happ, I'm happy.

Point being is that they should sign a free agent if they wanted an innings eater so they don't give up a big part of their pen which was weak to start with. Dipoto rarely adds, he shuffles and a team 11 games out of it needs to add w/o subtracting. That is at least my issue with it all.