• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Homestand: Marlins & White Sox

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple
Mmmmmmmmmmm

5-1.
Sally ..up.,Sally..down..
16 ks just.hit the ground..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not free and I refuse to pay for it so I won't watch a single game ever on that platform.

I think it was free last year but it pushed me to a sub page this year and I was like

Im Not No Way GIF
Fair enough.

Over the years I've somehow managed to get myself subscribed to just about every streaming service lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I was reminded about being able to change audio to ours, it was fine. I do like the video better.
At least I'm not the only one who felt the same way about the video coverage. I've noticed the same thing when we play nationally televised games. Don't know what it is but the image quality/presentation is just better IMO.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard of any injury, but his control has sucked of late. A lot of pitches up. We still hate to have our pitchers pitch up, down In and out. We pick a spot and throw it there until something happens. It is weird.
Yeah it's strange.

At times I start to wonder if my evaluation of pitchers is just shit. I'll see a guy who has great stuff but who will struggle (Matt Brash is a perfect example) and it confuses the hell out of me.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, it doesn’t matter if we make it to the postseason or not. This team is not built to win a series. They cannot manufacture, runs or hit with runners in scoring position. They rely on the home run too much to get runs.
I've started to wonder if it'll even be a good thing if we make the postseason. The way this team has played so far I don't think they'd do anything in the postseason. At least if we miss the postseason - given all the pre-season expectations - it might put a bit of pressure on the front office to make some changes (lol).

A number of guys have mentioned this, but I wish we had a media market that would just trash the team and try to actually call for accountability.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't seen this rookie play, you might want to. He is tall and fast. I mean maybe faster than Ichiro.

This is one of the reasons I'm a big fan of the rule changes this offseason. If the bases weren't bigger I don't think we'd get a play like this.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's strange.

At times I start to wonder if my evaluation of pitchers is just shit. I'll see a guy who has great stuff but who will struggle (Matt Brash is a perfect example) and it confuses the hell out of me.
Location, location, location per Greg Maddux.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do a little..dance....
Bing bing..
A ching boda.bing..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the need for a roof when you play with the field soaked on purpose.
They say its to keep the dust down but is that really a problem? Is it cancer causing dust or something? The mound is the same way and its all muddy with ruts where they plant their feet when throwing because of it.
Perhaps I'm completely oblivious, but what do you mean play with the field soaked on purpose? Do they water the grass a ton before the game and make it slippery? I feel like I'm about to be told something everyone here knows but me and I'm going to feel like a complete moron. I thought the roof being open or not was completely determined by the weather forecast?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 swings and misses against a 36 year old fatty with a 6.75 ERA through 6 innings.
Lynn having the worst year of his career and just had a career outing against us.

I suppose I'm happy we got the win, but shit I think there was a time in the game where I opened the box score and we had 22 ABs and 16 of them ended in Ks.

As a team we finished with a 62% strikeout rate today. It's difficult to sum up how awful that is.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are Wong's days numbered after the Mariners traded his little brother to the white sox today?
There is nothing that could really convince me that Wong should even be on the roster at this point. I believe he has either the worst or second worst WAR in baseball. At this point we're better off seeing what we've got in Jose Caballero.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie Moyer would agree.

Wonder what he's up to these days. Crazy to think he had the success he had throwing an 80 MPH fastball.
Ret..Phili..
He's from pensilvania..somewhere.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching the US Open and just got a notification that the m's won a series. Weird.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie Moyer would agree.

Wonder what he's up to these days. Crazy to think he had the success he had throwing an 80 MPH fastball.
Perfect example. He could change speeds and locations keeping hitters off balance. It is a lost art. Now it is throw as hard as you can and hope they don't hit it. I don't know how many times I yell at the TV to pitch up and down, in and out. We just pick a spot and throw it there to each batter. Batters lean out on us like crazy and that is how we give up so many 'fluke' hits. Bust them in!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the emotion I love to see but don't see enough of on this team. This was the first out in the 9th that Suarez made on a bunt.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example. He could change speeds and locations keeping hitters off balance. It is a lost art. Now it is throw as hard as you can and hope they don't hit it. I don't know how many times I yell at the TV to pitch up and down, in and out. We just pick a spot and throw it there to each batter. Batters lean out on us like crazy and that is how we give up so many 'fluke' hits. Bust them in!!!
After I posting this, I saw this on twitter...lol

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100%

Back in my pitching days I would often get asked: "what my best pitch was"

I always replied: 'My 2nd up and in fastball'

Then when asked why the 2nd?

I would smartly reply: 'so the batter knew the 1st one wasn't an accident'

The pitcher absolutely MUST control the inside part of the plate and even a couple inches inside that. You simply cannot let opposing batters stroll up to the dish and start leaning into pitches trying to barrel everything up.

They have to have the fear instilled in them that great risk is involved leaning into pitches.