• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Mariota turning pro

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to MM at the next level. He had a great CFB career.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping down is probably the best thing that can happen for any players career unless it's just some team having a rough year like when Indy sucked for Luck.

No doubt. Going early is a curse for longevity. Drop down to somewhere like the 49ers or Patriots who need a future QB.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mettenberger is better than Mariota and it's not even close. Mariota would be a boy among men in any of those places.

If Bortles (a fucking stud) can't shine at Jacksonville, Mariota would be a total bust in Tampa. At least in Tennessee he'd have a line and in Philly an offense. That said, he won't be drafted before the 5th round if he goes at all. He's Brock Berlin.

Bortles? Why is he a stud? Because he tore it up in the American conference? The only thing Bortles did was win just enough games to prevent a chance of Mariota taking his job.

Mariota is the HEISMAN winner. He went 105/14 TD int ratio. Only lost 5 games in 3 years as a starter in the PAC-12.

If the titans draft him, like I know majority of your fan base hopes..you will be fortunate to have such an amazing player and person to be the face of your franchise.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen him enough and I'm not a pro talent scout, but I find it hilarious that the dude went from being the #1 pick overall to sliding down into the second round based on one game. People be overreacting.

But if he DOES slide from first, you can bet Chip Kelly is going to move up a few slots to try and draft him.

ESPN hype?

Maybe I'm just old school, but I like real QB's. Being fast and being able to scramble is a plus, but I want a pocket passer before all the rest.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles? Why is he a stud? Because he tore it up in the American conference? The only thing Bortles did was win just enough games to prevent a chance of Mariota taking his job.

Mariota is the HEISMAN winner. He went 105/14 TD int ratio. Only lost 5 games in 3 years as a starter in the PAC-12.

If the titans draft him, like I know majority of your fan base hopes..you will be fortunate to have such an amazing player and person to be the face of your franchise.

Bortles was developed in a pro system that doesn't rely on mainly misdirection to create huge passing windows... Same reason no QB at tOSU currently (other than MAYBE Cardale) has much in the way of pro prospects...

That said, someone will take Mariota in the top 5... I just think he'd have a better career if he fell a bit to a team that doesn't have an immediate need at QB and also a quality culture...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L look at all these people who didn't watch an Oregon game this year

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No offense, but Mariota is just a product of Oregons system. Its what they do, they take a mediocre QB and make him look like an All-Star. Just like Jeremiah Masoli, Dennis Dixon, and Darron Thomas. If you disagree just look at Masoli, he was an All-Star at Oregon and then went to Ole Miss and was Very Mediocre.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be very careful about the Heisman, it can be the kiss of death for a CFB QB @ the next level. Troy Smith, Johnny Finger will fail, Tim Tebow, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke. And that's just going back to the 2000 Heisman Trophy winner.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the heisman winner people, not some pro style no name from a mid major.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is you speculating. You see the world through green glasses, man. You comparing Mariota to Bortles in the NFL is just plain silly. None of us know what's going to happen but you keep speaking in absolutes and pretending like this is guaranteed. Seriously, asking for posts to be deleted if the poster doesn't fall at the feet of Mariota?

Listen to sports radio for one morning here in Nashville and you'll find out how wrong you are about "majority of your fan base hopes hopes the Titans draft Mariota." Some did before the natty, now no one does. Almost everyone wants a DE or Amari Cooper.

If you're interested, listen. You can get on the air pretty easily if you give the producer a concise summary of what you want to talk about when he answers the phone. 104.5 The Zone But a fair warning: Ask Kuharsky if he thinks Mariota is the answer for the Titans and he'll laugh you off the air.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the heisman winner people, not some pro style no name from a mid major.

Tebow won a Heisman too and was a classy individual with high moral character... Didn't make him an NFL QB either...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota would of had over 400 yards passing in the ncg had his WRs caught the wide open balls. Nonetheless, he still had over 300 yards!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow won a Heisman too and was a classy individual with high moral character... Didn't make him an NFL QB either...

He has a better playoff winning percentage at denver than Manning.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN hype?

Maybe I'm just old school, but I like real QB's. Being fast and being able to scramble is a plus, but I want a pocket passer before all the rest.

That's fair, in which case I question all those draft gurus who had him earmarked for #1 overall to begin with. They knew he wasn't the prototypical NFL QB.

Like Hammer said, they were ESPimpiN him hard after his Heisman and before the NCG, and when he didn't blow shit up in that one game they came back with all the details that should have been a part of their analysis to begin with.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is truly special and meant a lot not just to Oregon but to college football. Mariota brought integrity and pride back to college footballs most coveted player prize in the heisman. Although an exciting time for this young mans future, it is a somber day for college football.

So, how much was he paid? :whistle:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated dunno why anybody would take him in the first few rounds