• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus frickin' Lattimore

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo! Pre-injury this guy was the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson, IMO, and was a surefire top-10/15 pick. Getting him in the 4th round could be a steal if he let him red shirt for a year or two.

As far as the other picks go I'm pretty stoked. I really wanted Aaron Dobson in the 2nd/3rd but Tank Carradine, when he gets healthy, will be a damn good 5 tech.

I don't love trading UP for Eric Reid, especially since Matt Elam, who I had as the #1 safety, went 32 (ugh, Newsome), but Reid was the #2 safety in the draft class and could be a damn good one with the right coaching.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hell yea man.. I have loved watching him at SC the past several years. I literally jumped out of my chair and yelled the word "YYYEEEAAAAAA!!!!!" Then I went and ran around my house yelling "WE GOT HIM, WE FUCKING GOT HIM!!!! WE FUCKING GOT HIM!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT HIM!!!!!" And my buddy who is the SCar alum called and basically said congrats, you have easily the best rb in the class.. Him and I have been to 4-5 games in Columbia and it's been a pure treasure watching him there and NOW WE GET TO WATCH HIM IN RED AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lattimore heals up right hes going to be a pure beast. I liked him and Lacy... bummed Lacy went to the Pack. Loved the Tank pick.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think that this guy is gonna be special. And who better to have in front of him to learn from than a guy who went through pretty similar events in college. Ever since the Crabtree pick I have been lucky that a guy I really liked was picked by the Niners. Some of them not so great *cough Taylor Mays....

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great pick and if he is fully healed next year, that would about 1.5 years rehab, I really hope that he is productive by then:)

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea man.. I have loved watching him at SC the past several years. I literally jumped out of my chair and yelled the word "YYYEEEAAAAAA!!!!!" Then I went and ran around my house yelling "WE GOT HIM, WE FUCKING GOT HIM!!!! WE FUCKING GOT HIM!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT HIM!!!!!" And my buddy who is the SCar alum called and basically said congrats, you have easily the best rb in the class.. Him and I have been to 4-5 games in Columbia and it's been a pure treasure watching him there and NOW WE GET TO WATCH HIM IN RED AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen a Carolina player as popular as Latt - Spurrier said the same. High-character guy, intensely competitive and dedicated to excellence. I really hope he can come back from the gruesome injury.

As a player, he's a very skilled back. Good blocker, sneaky route runner. Good technique - runs behind his pads, got better at finishing runs, through his career, has a nose for the end zone when you're in close. Good vision and elusiveness, football smarts. Played zone read going back to high school at Byrnes. That being said, lacks elite speed and I don't think he's so much a homerun hitter at the next level - just a guy who gets yards in different situations. He's punished a lot of SEC teams late in games. I think if he gets back to form, he can be a valuable part of a 3-back rotation.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lattimore. I'm sure he has more homerun speed than Gore who could be ran down by a O-Lineman

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've never seen a Carolina player as popular as Latt - Spurrier said the same. High-character guy, intensely competitive and dedicated to excellence. I really hope he can come back from the gruesome injury.

As a player, he's a very skilled back. Good blocker, sneaky route runner. Good technique - runs behind his pads, got better at finishing runs, through his career, has a nose for the end zone when you're in close. Good vision and elusiveness, football smarts. Played zone read going back to high school at Byrnes. That being said, lacks elite speed and I don't think he's so much a homerun hitter at the next level - just a guy who gets yards in different situations. He's punished a lot of SEC teams late in games. I think if he gets back to form, he can be a valuable part of a 3-back rotation.

I think its going to be more of a two pronged attack with him on one side of Kaep and LMJ on the other side/pistol set.

Def not a home run hitter, but imo has enough speed to stay away from runners with his vision and elusiveness, esp for a guy his size is very impressive. Lattimore is awesome, plain and simple.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lattimore will be the "protect the lead grinder" for the second half...

(Life after Gore)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its going to be more of a two pronged attack with him on one side of Kaep and LMJ on the other side/pistol set.

Def not a home run hitter, but imo has enough speed to stay away from runners with his vision and elusiveness, esp for a guy his size is very impressive. Lattimore is awesome, plain and simple.

Breakaway speed is overrated for a RB IMO. Gore has been at or near the top of the league in long runs several times despite never having great, or even particularly good, speed. If you can make a DB miss, you can gain plenty of yards. I'd much rather have a guy with vision and shake than long speed.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Breakaway speed is overrated for a RB IMO. Gore has been at or near the top of the league in long runs several times despite never having great, or even particularly good, speed. If you can make a DB miss, you can gain plenty of yards. I'd much rather have a guy with vision and shake than long speed.

Good vision and quick decision making goes a long way for RB's in the NFL!

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This sounds similar to Gore, which is not a bad thing at all.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lattimore heals up right hes going to be a pure beast. I liked him and Lacy... bummed Lacy went to the Pack. Loved the Tank pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lacy turns out to not be that great at the NFL level. It will be interesting to see how much he was helped by running behind an NFL caliber offensive line last year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't wait to see Vance McDonald. I was not enamored with the trade to acquire him either, but the dude has good skills and with all the attention Vernon, Gore, Crabs, Boldin will be drawing, Vance as a #2 TE will be fun to watch in our system.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this draft, the happier I get. We didn't address the secondary as much as I'd liked but we addressed the front 7 which can pay dividends in multiple ways including masking a weaker secondary. Add in the fact that we could have Gore's eventual successor, Delanie's replacement as well as a quality receiver (still want a big-bodied Megatron/AJ type) and it's really impressive. All boils down to one thing, though. WE NEED #6!

(In before everyone says too early to judge; we all know that yet we all do it).

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt a big fan of Lacy

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
like what Bill Pollian said, Lattimore fits the 49ers scheme. he is more a between the tackles runner, which is how we use Gore.

btw - when watching his highlights, he doesn't look like a smooth runner? he looks like a plodder? not that it matters a whole lot, just surprised considering how highly rated he was.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like what Bill Pollian said, Lattimore fits the 49ers scheme. he is more a between the tackles runner, which is how we use Gore.

btw - when watching his highlights, he doesn't look like a smooth runner? he looks like a plodder? not that it matters a whole lot, just surprised considering how highly rated he was.

He has an unusual body type for a RB. I can't quite pin what it is. I always thought he was over 6' feet tall but he is actually a shade under 6'. I think he might have longer longs than we are accustomed to seeing for a RB. Plus he is over 220lbs but he still has speed. Very unique cat imo.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found this, Rob is on it. I'm not sure what he can do to avoid future injuries but he will be fun while he is healthy:
The 6-0, 220-pound Lattimore has long legs, which, in part due to his determined running style, take some hellacious hits. This has resulted in his missing action in each of his three seasons of college football. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com