• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus frickin' Lattimore

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy looked better than he actually was based on a fantastic offensive line he ran behind... he doesn't have the same explosiveness and lateral cutting ability that Lattimore has.

Come NFL, that head on spin move running uphill won't break loose big runs like it did in college.

I like Lattimore assuming he can get back to 100% form eventually and avoid injuries.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't be surprised if Lacy turns out to not be that great at the NFL level. It will be interesting to see how much he was helped by running behind an NFL caliber offensive line last year.

Are implying that the Packers don't have an NFL caliber OL? I agree :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just found this, Rob is on it. I'm not sure what he can do to avoid future injuries but he will be fun while he is healthy:
The 6-0, 220-pound Lattimore has long legs, which, in part due to his determined running style, take some hellacious hits. This has resulted in his missing action in each of his three seasons of college football. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

oh ok. i'll look for that next time he's on TV. for those who remember Robert Smith of the Vikings, wasn't he sort of the same build?

again, not that it matters how he looks, just that he performs.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hilarious, this is not me, but no wonder my wife thinks I'm crazy.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like what Bill Pollian said, Lattimore fits the 49ers scheme. he is more a between the tackles runner, which is how we use Gore.

btw - when watching his highlights, he doesn't look like a smooth runner? he looks like a plodder? not that it matters a whole lot, just surprised considering how highly rated he was.

excellent compliment to hunter and james. assuming he can get healthy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
excellent compliment to hunter and james. assuming he can get healthy.

agree, but it could easily end up the other way around?

seems like Lattimore's strength is the same as Gore? could be a smooth transition at RB?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I ain't worried about that leg, baby!"

My feelings exactly.

Make sure you keep this video and quote so after Marcus runs up the middle and comes out with a leg looking like my Stretch Armstrong doll from the 80's after a long day at the playground we can all say..."yeah, I was worried about that..."

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Make sure you keep this video and quote so after Marcus runs up the middle and comes out with a leg looking like my Stretch Armstrong doll from the 80's after a long day at the playground we can all say..."yeah, I was worried about that..."

everyone accepts the risk he won't get back 100% healthy, and like all NFL RB's there is a risk he gets injured (re-injured in this case). but the risk/reward was just way too over to 'reward' side.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ok. i'll look for that next time he's on TV. for those who remember Robert Smith of the Vikings, wasn't he sort of the same build?

again, not that it matters how he looks, just that he performs.

Robert Smith good call. He was listed at 6'2" and had long legs for a RB.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Hilarious, this is not me, but no wonder my wife thinks I'm crazy.

If we bring back the thread, people will see most of us had a similar reaction when that pick was made.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Robert Smith ran a 4.2 / 40.

Do you really believe that? I don't buy the pre-electronic times at all. And I REALLy don't buy pro' day times. Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 if memory serves, and that's the fastest official electronic time the cobine's ever seen.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you really believe that? I don't buy the pre-electronic times at all. And I REALLy don't buy pro' day times. Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 if memory serves, and that's the fastest official electronic time the cobine's ever seen.

That was the concensus around the league at the time. I never saw him get walked either. Randy Moss and Joey Galloway were the only players that ever beat him in a race (according to him).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That was the concensus around the league at the time. I never saw him get walked either. Randy Moss and Joey Galloway were the only players that ever beat him in a race (according to him).

That may be true, but Moss & Galloway were 2 of the fastest players in the NFL at the time.

Some perspective: Santana Moss was electronically timed at 4.31. Jacoby ford was e-timed at 4.28. However, before the electronic timing was implimented, Donte Stallworth was timed at 4.22. I don't think Stallworth was faster than Santana Moss & Ford.

Also, Ahman Green was hand timed at 4.17. Usain Bolt probably can't even run a 4.17.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo! Pre-injury this guy was the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson, IMO, and was a surefire top-10/15 pick. Getting him in the 4th round could be a steal if he let him red shirt for a year or two.

As far as the other picks go I'm pretty stoked. I really wanted Aaron Dobson in the 2nd/3rd but Tank Carradine, when he gets healthy, will be a damn good 5 tech.

I don't love trading UP for Eric Reid, especially since Matt Elam, who I had as the #1 safety, went 32 (ugh, Newsome), but Reid was the #2 safety in the draft class and could be a damn good one with the right coaching.

I know I'm coming in late to this conversation, but I agree with everything you said. I was literally jumping up and down in my living room when we drafted Lattimore. He's easily my favorite Rb prospect since Peteron as well.

I wish we could have grabbed Landry Jones in the 4th and I'm bummed that we couldn't get Margus Hunt. Other then that my only real concern is the Vance McDonald pick. I'm goin to give Harbaalke the benefit of the doubt, though. This draft class could rival that of the 2011 draft.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have rathered tyler wilson instead of jones

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in real life i'm taller and thinner, honest!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm wondering about his contract status down the road. Under the new CBA, all draft picks sign either 4 or 5 year deals (top 16 picks may be able to sign 6 year deals.

Lattimore will sign a 4 year contract, as the CBA dictates. If he doesn't play this year, does it count as an accrued season? If not, he would be the rare RFA that was drafted with the new CBA.

For precedence on this issue, back in 1999 we drafted Tai Streets, but he had a torn achilles (happened between the combine and draft). We signed him to a 4 year contract (he was a 2nd round prospect before the injury) and when his contract expired he thought he would be unrestricted. The team challenged it in whatever court you challenge that in, and he was deemed a restricted free agent because the first year did not count as an accrued season since he didn't play.

Lattimore could fall into that same boat.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know I'm coming in late to this conversation, but I agree with everything you said. I was literally jumping up and down in my living room when we drafted Lattimore. He's easily my favorite Rb prospect since Peteron as well.

I wish we could have grabbed Landry Jones in the 4th and I'm bummed that we couldn't get Margus Hunt. Other then that my only real concern is the Vance McDonald pick. I'm goin to give Harbaalke the benefit of the doubt, though. This draft class could rival that of the 2011 draft.

Assuming Tank is healthy, I think he'll be much better than Hunt.