• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manningham cap casualty?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Manningham and I hope he recovers so that he can return to the team.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was thinking about this and if AJ Jenkins shows a lot in the offseason he could be vulnerable to be replaced like Morgan was last year.

Trent won't just let him walk for no good reason. AJ Jenkins would be insurance. Then we'd probably sign another WR in FA to directly replace Maningham. Then on top of it we could easily draft another mid-rounder to light a fire under AJ Jenkins and provide a bunch of depth. Trent won't just release him and hope another receiver falls out of the sky.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There's no way I'd bring back Manningham at his salary.

Too bad the Niners list him though; he might've been the difference like Morgan was the difference in '11. :(

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way I'd bring back Manningham at his salary.

Too bad the Niners list him though; he might've been the difference like Morgan was the difference in '11. :(

why wouldn't you bring him back? Before the 7-15 connectoin, MM was a very reliable reciever for us...

is it health?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
why wouldn't you bring him back? Before the 7-15 connectoin, MM was a very reliable reciever for us...

is it health?

He's coming off a major injury, and he's making about as much money as Crabtree. The Niners need a huge upgrade at WR. I say take that money & some more and go after a WR who will be the primary WR on the team.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's coming off a major injury, and he's making about as much money as Crabtree. The Niners need a huge upgrade at WR. I say take that money & some more and go after a WR who will be the primary WR on the team.

You don't think Crabtree established himself as the primary receiver? We can use a deep threat, but I think Crabtree is fine as the primary. Unless there is a guy like Johnson (either one) or AJ Green I would keep Crabtree as the go to.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who realizes that Kaepernick is the 2nd luckiest QB in football to Matt Ryan in terms of talent around him? If Flacco had weapons like the Niners do

The Niners need a huge upgrade at WR. I say take that money & some more and go after a WR who will be the primary WR on the team.

One of these doesn't look like the other.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You don't think Crabtree established himself as the primary receiver?

He's the primary WR on the Niners, but in the big picture an upgrade is certainly foreseeable. For all the good things he can do, compared to the best WRs around he's pretty limited. Same goes for VD. Have to think its a priority for this team to add someone more dangerous than Crabs and more reliable than VD in the passing game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the primary WR on the Niners, but in the big picture an upgrade is certainly foreseeable. For all the good things he can do, compared to the best WRs around he's pretty limited. Same goes for VD. Have to think its a priority for this team to add someone more dangerous than Crabs and more reliable than VD in the passing game.

Yep, there is a difference between a team #1 and a league #1 - Well said, Pistol

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks! Like I said in the other thread, they could also upgrade by getting a speed guy like Wallace, and one of these big tight ends with great hands.......do it with two guys rather than one great one. Maybe that was the intent this year with Moss and Manningham, but that wasn't all that great - time to try it again.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree.

What about somewhere over the Dwayne Bowe? Do you think he's better than Crabs?

It's hard to say. If Crabtree is the really the player that he was once CK took over, than I'd take him over Bowe. If Crabtree is somewhere in between what he was with Smith and what he is with CK, then I may lean more toward Bowe.

However, Crabtree finished the season as one of the best 4 or 5 WRs in the league.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Like I said in the other thread, they could also upgrade by getting a speed guy like Wallace, and one of these big tight ends with great hands.......do it with two guys rather than one great one. Maybe that was the intent this year with Moss and Manningham, but that wasn't all that great - time to try it again.

lol! Yep, I agree - I think we can check QB off our list though?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Crabtree and couldn't be happier for the guy. I think he's our Primary WR go to guy.... he's somewhat earned and came through more n more...

what we do need is a burner and that type of WR doesn't need to be a #1....just a flat out burner..

I like MM, i would't want to cut him so soon but i get what you're saying.