• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manningham cap casualty?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think they're at about the same level. Kenny Britt would be an upgrade and he might be gettable for a few draft picks.

Kenny Britt might be gettable for bail money. I'm assuming you haven't followed his... well, off-field issues is kind of an understatement. He's a menace to society.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft picks for kenny britt would be a disaster.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say. If Crabtree is the really the player that he was once CK took over, than I'd take him over Bowe. If Crabtree is somewhere in between what he was with Smith and what he is with CK, then I may lean more toward Bowe.

However, Crabtree finished the season as one of the best 4 or 5 WRs in the league.

This depends on many factors. Football is so interdependent that it's hard to find out one result (without Bowe) without abandoning the other (with Bowe). If we got Bowe, then maybe in terms of production, we get the bolded from Crabtree. Getting Bowe might cause that, due to targets going Bowe's way (though YAC and completion percentage should get better when people leave Crabs to defend Bowe). But if we don't get Bowe, we might see Kaep lean on Crabs like Smith leaned on Davis (not comparing the two or the QBs, just the relationship). This would lead to more targets perhaps and more overall yards, but Crabs would be more defended and thus the offense as a whole might not run as well as it would indicate.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Bowe then any other FA WR, including Wallace. As iMac previously stated in another thread, I don't believe Wallace to be more then a deep threat and not worth the cheddar that he will command in an overpriced FA market. Bowe is a beast and his numbers (or lack thereof) are directly related to a piss poor OL and even more piss poor QB play. He's the Fitz of the midwest. The only person I would rather get then Bowe would be a trade for Harvin. But that too is another thread altogether.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bowe's age doesn't worry you? If the Niners could sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal, I would absolutely prefer that to signing Wallace to a 5 year deal. But I don't want the Niners to to have to deal with dead money in a few years or an over-priced declining WR. Especially not after Kaepernick gets paid.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt might be gettable for bail money. I'm assuming you haven't followed his... well, off-field issues is kind of an understatement. He's a menace to society.

They said the same thing on the ESPN board when I suggested trading a pick for Marshawn Lynch. The right locker room and coaches can get a player to stay in line and reach his potential in a lot of cases.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niner FO has been sheer geniuses in working the salary and frontloading the guaranteed money so dead money is not an issue. I would love to sign Bowe to a front loaded contract where we are clear of guaranteed money by year 4. Marathe and Baalke have been on the same page since day one and I don't see that becoming an issue now. Name one bad contract that these two have given out where the guaranteed money bites us in the ass? Each time, the contract was timed perfectly with the decline of the player.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the same thing on the ESPN board when I suggested trading a pick for Marshawn Lynch. The right locker room and coaches can get a player to stay in line and reach his potential in a lot of cases.

Or you could have yourself a PacMan Jones situation where it just seems as if said player is circling the drain and you are wishing you had your 7th round draft pick back.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They said the same thing on the ESPN board when I suggested trading a pick for Marshawn Lynch.

Well nice call on Lynch. That would've been a great trade or FA signing. I remember he had some arrest or something, but it was nothing like Britt. I think he's been arrested 8 times and multiple times this offseason if I'm not mistaken. And the offseason hasn't even been that long.

Now I'll have to look it up. Britt is a rare one. I mean, Adam Jones was one of the best CBs in the league, but he was simply out of control and ruined his career. Britt seems worse than Jones.

Or you could have yourself a PacMan Jones situation where it just seems as if said player is circling the drain and you are wishing you had your 7th round draft pick back.

No foolin': I didn't even see that post before I mentioned Jones. We're on the same wavelength here.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Bowe then any other FA WR, including Wallace. As iMac previously stated in another thread, I don't believe Wallace to be more then a deep threat and not worth the cheddar that he will command in an overpriced FA market. Bowe is a beast and his numbers (or lack thereof) are directly related to a piss poor OL and even more piss poor QB play. He's the Fitz of the midwest. The only person I would rather get then Bowe would be a trade for Harvin. But that too is another thread altogether.

I like Bowe a lot, but I can't put him on the same level as Fitz. Like Britt, he's one of those guys that has all the talent, but lacks the desire to be more than he is(though Britt is 4 years younger, so he has more room to mature). He's also had a lot of drops in his career, if people are upset by VD and Delani's stone hands, they'll be down right miserable about the drops Bowe will have.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh, and Britt tore both his ACL and his MCL this season.

Kenny Britt's been arrested 8 times since entering the NFL. Don't know if he was ever arrested in high school or college.

Kenny Britt does it again, arrested for the eighth time since becoming a Titan - Nashville Tennessee Titans | Examiner.com

Report: Kenny Britt wanted for questioning by police after brother stabbed | SI Tracking Blog ? Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter

Tennessee Titans receiver Kenny Britt arrested for DWI on Army base - ESPN

From wikipedia (which people tease, but it usually seems very accurate for information):

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well nice call on Lynch. That would've been a great trade or FA signing. I remember he had some arrest or something, but it was nothing like Britt. I think he's been arrested 8 times and multiple times this offseason if I'm not mistaken. And the offseason hasn't even been that long.

Now I'll have to look it up. Britt is a rare one. I mean, Adam Jones was one of the best CBs in the league, but he was simply out of control and ruined his career. Britt seems worse than Jones.

No foolin': I didn't even see that post before I mentioned Jones. We're on the same wavelength here.

I'm not sure if Britt's worse than Jones. I think Britt has a lot of, relatively speaking, minor offenses, while Pacman had the minor offenses along with the huge nightclub one. Also, Britt wouldn't be joining the Cowboys crazy locker room, he'd be joining one of the best locker rooms in the NFL. Being on the West Coast will allow him to be further away from the bad influences he has in NJ and that'll hopefully get him to get his head on straight.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Y'know, Britt's stock will probably never be lower than it is right now. That would be a tempting proposition. If he comes back even close to as healthy as he was and kept out of jail for just one season, he could be the difference. And he'd be cheap.

That said, I doubt the Titans deal him. They'd probably rather have him back eventually than take something like a 5th or 6th round pick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know he tore his ACL last season(2011), but I don't think he re-tore it this season(2012). He should be back to being 100% or close to it by now.

You're right. That was 2011. My apologies; my computer is like Dwayne Bowe; it's starting to slow down. :)

He missed a couple of games this year, but I forget why.