• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning: plantar fasciitis

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a report on nfl.com Manning is dealing with plantar fasciitis. His status for Sunday is in doubt. I think they need to go all in with Oz at least for this week. Kubiak said Manning is the guy if healthy. If you've ever had PF it can stop you in your tracks. This isn't an excuse for the way he's played, but it should absolutely be the reason he sits at least for now.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a few years back Eli had the same condition

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was telling a buddy yesterday. Best thing we need is for Peyton to have a week or two injury where we get a good look at Osweiler where we can't claim that we benched Peyton... Which then won't ruin chemistry or leave anyone upset.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also reports Manning had some issues with his ribs, and that Kubiak was second guessing his decision to start Manning this week. I think this means Osweiler gets the start against Chicago. I sure hope he's up for the challenge, as I'd like to think he's our future.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox is probably licking his chops.

That's an interesting point. Have to figure that he has a pretty good idea of how to defend Oz.

Bears defense seems to have gotten better recently. Could be a tough game at Chicago. Won't be easy to stop the skid. Would really be a big win, though.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Oz in there is going to rejuvenate this defense

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Oz in there is going to rejuvenate this defense

Maybe so. I actually thought the defense played pretty well yesterday given the tough positions they kept getting put into.

Will be interesting to see how the team responds. I think they are likely to turn it around.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to me this was rather predictable. Unlike Barry Sanders, Manning held on (obviously) to get the career records. Rather obvious to me.

I really do not buy this foot injury, or at least the severity of it. It will be sold to us endlessly IMO. There will not be surgery, at least I am predicting that.

A lot like last year after that abortion of a performance in the play offs he claimed bad leg injury. Of course he didn't have to play in the pro bowl. I mean really. No limping of any kind and we were told his leg injury was so severe.

Now, he happens to get the record he was aiming for, and he gets it. Low and behold he has this foot injury that he doesn't limp with.

I know, cynical on my part. Personally, I think the running game is going to really benefit with Osweiler. The stretch zone run will be implemented. Not all that sold on Osweiler reading defenses all that well, but he is athletic.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would undoubtedly feel more confident going into this weekend with Oz under center. At least Kubiak made the pull yesterday, and I think Oz came in a filled in more than adequately. Let this kid go out and win us a game! Peyton is an All-time great, but I can't watch him another week.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying the "injury" excuse either, but I respect why Kubiak is playing that card. Manning is an all time great, and the epitome of how to comport oneself on and off the field. Father Time is unbeatable. I wish it were under better circumstances but his time has come, let the man bow out gracefully

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys have never had plantar fasciitis it appears. Believe me, it's definitely enough to throw a QB off his game. I don't believe it's a lie or fabrication. It's an injury that was listed on the official report, and one reason why Manning didn't practice much the week before.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting point. Have to figure that he has a pretty good idea of how to defend Oz.

Bears defense seems to have gotten better recently. Could be a tough game at Chicago. Won't be easy to stop the skid. Would really be a big win, though.
Fox has never seen Oz in this offense. How would he know how to defend it?

If anything, I'd say our defense will go in knowing how to defend against Fox's offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys have never had plantar fasciitis it appears. Believe me, it's definitely enough to throw a QB off his game. I don't believe it's a lie or fabrication. It's an injury that was listed on the official report, and one reason why Manning didn't practice much the week before.

I've seen some people training for marathons who have gotten it and yes it is not an easy injury for sure. I'm more upset in the coaching staff and Manning in the sense of knowing how bad this was yet trying to have him play with it if it is truly this injury. This was a huge game where we could have all but assured a playoff spot with the win and instead let a very aging injured QB go and cost us the game. They had 9 points in this game that came on times that were not off turnovers. Those other 9 points came when our team went 3 and out each of those making our defense have to go back out on the field very quickly. I honestly think we win this game without Manning's turnovers and inability to move the offense even a little bit. I thought the defense played great considering how much they had to play and all the bad situations they were put in. We let a golden opportunity go by with this one.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anything, I'd say our defense will go in knowing how to defend against Fox's offense.

I figure Fox likely has some insight into Oz's strengths and weaknesses.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say actually teams will have trouble game planning on how to stop our offense with Osweiler for the next few weeks. There is no true game film on what they will do with Osweiler. Will we run more like what we did against Baltimore where Manning actually was under Center? Will we continue to run the Pistol formation? Will we mix it up more? Does this bring back more of the zone stretch run game that Kubiak loves so much? Do we start running the ball say 55% of the time now? What routes do we run with the receivers?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure Fox likely has some insight into Oz's strengths and weaknesses.
But any insight gained would be in relation to Gase's and Manning's offense. That insight would mean nothing with a new system. I don't think Fox gains any type of advantage here.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I blame Kubiak for failing his team. This much is certain, if we are to believe Manning has sucked all the way back to the second half of last season because of some injury or another, then it is appearant that a hurt Peyton Manning is one of the worst Qb's in the NFL. He's no Roethlisberger who can play injured. There's plenty of film on a hurt Manning and how ineffective he is

Furby

It's all Good
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton has teas to his plantar fascia. Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia. The tears are much more painful. What Eli had was a ruptured fascia, which also hurts less than the tears. Peyton and Kubiak were nuts for starting him with all of the injuries he had at the time. Or at least, should have pulled him as soon as he completed that 4 yard pass.

Peyton will not play against Chicago, Oz has been named starter for that game. I think he can get it done. A few weeks of rest will be good for Peyton and for the Broncos.