• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning: plantar fasciitis

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero qb rating yesterday

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I blame Kubiak for failing his team. This much is certain, if we are to believe Manning has sucked all the way back to the second half of last season because of some injury or another, then it is appearant that a hurt Peyton Manning is one of the worst Qb's in the NFL. He's no Roethlisberger who can play injured. There's plenty of film on a hurt Manning and how ineffective he is
Kubiak has already gone on record to second guess the decision to start Manning. He realizes now it was a mistake.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has teas to his plantar fascia. Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia. The tears are much more painful. What Eli had was a ruptured fascia, which also hurts less than the tears. Peyton and Kubiak were nuts for starting him with all of the injuries he had at the time. Or at least, should have pulled him as soon as he completed that 4 yard pass.

Peyton will not play against Chicago, Oz has been named starter for that game. I think he can get it done. A few weeks of rest will be good for Peyton and for the Broncos.
Yep, and it's very likely the tear also caused inflammation. Either way, that can REALLY hurt.

Will be very interesting to see Osweiler get the start. I'm actually kinda excited to see him in real action as the starter. I certainly hope my excitement is justified come next Monday morning.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak has already gone on record to second guess the decision to start Manning. He realizes now it was a mistake.
It took him all the way up until the fourth int to realize? That's more than a mistake. Funny thing is he could've easily thrown at least 2 more that were thrown right to Chief defenders. So if it truly were plantar fasciitis that Manning was suffering from, along with rib injury, then I have to wonder if Kubiak is smoking some of that legal ganja before game day.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has teas to his plantar fascia. Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia. The tears are much more painful. What Eli had was a ruptured fascia, which also hurts less than the tears. Peyton and Kubiak were nuts for starting him with all of the injuries he had at the time. Or at least, should have pulled him as soon as he completed that 4 yard pass.

Peyton will not play against Chicago, Oz has been named starter for that game. I think he can get it done. A few weeks of rest will be good for Peyton and for the Broncos.
This is a medical professional talking.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plantar Fasciitis is insanely painful. That foot injury had been on the report for a couple weeks now, so I'm not buying the "Play for the record" narrative. The "not limping" thing is normal with PF. I've had it and it can lull you to sleep then flare up from one step to the next. The Broncos put Manning in to play for the win and it was a mistake. There's no way to prove a counter-factual but I think given the notes CD has shared about scores off of turnovers and 3 and outs, it's worth speculating the game would have at least been contested had Kubiak made the decision last week instead of this week.

Better late than never. I think they need to give Oz at least two weeks. Maybe three. Your first start coming on the road is tough, then to follow up with the Pats...It may be a good idea to let him go 3 starts.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos continued to play him for Manning to get some records - during his swan song year.

I'm looking forward to this offense with Osweiler gunslinging and rolling out.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him all the way up until the fourth int to realize? That's more than a mistake. Funny thing is he could've easily thrown at least 2 more that were thrown right to Chief defenders. So if it truly were plantar fasciitis that Manning was suffering from, along with rib injury, then I have to wonder if Kubiak is smoking some of that legal ganja before game day.

The biggest thing was that Manning was telegraphing throws. I started looking for something after the first interception and watched Manning for anything that was giving away what he was doing. He would hitch step, pause briefly, and then throw on intermediate to deep passes. My guess is he had to do this in order to generate the arm strength to make deeper throws. I did not go back to previous film to see if he had done this in the weeks prior. If I saw it though, I guarantee KC saw it and had the LB's and DB's keying on it and why they seemed to know when to jump routes so perfectly.

Anyway, if Manning is having to hitch step almost every throw nowadays, I really have no desire to see him throw another pass for the Broncos and I guess let us see what Brock has.

Oh and I also disagree with the statement that Fox and Co. have an insight into Brock. They may know a little, but this is a team game and if Brock has a weakness I would expect Kubiak and Dennison to game plan to minimize it. Then again, they let Manning embarrass himself for 4 interceptions last week so what do I really know.

P.S. TDs3nout, your boys better get in to gear, they are down 10-3 at halftime against UConn.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plantar Fasciitis is insanely painful. That foot injury had been on the report for a couple weeks now, so I'm not buying the "Play for the record" narrative. The "not limping" thing is normal with PF. I've had it and it can lull you to sleep then flare up from one step to the next. The Broncos put Manning in to play for the win and it was a mistake. There's no way to prove a counter-factual but I think given the notes CD has shared about scores off of turnovers and 3 and outs, it's worth speculating the game would have at least been contested had Kubiak made the decision last week instead of this week.

Better late than never. I think they need to give Oz at least two weeks. Maybe three. Your first start coming on the road is tough, then to follow up with the Pats...It may be a good idea to let him go 3 starts.

That is the problem. I have had that too and I limped like crazy. Show me where Manning has been limping at any point. Same as last year after the play off game. It just so happened that the pro bowl was in a few weeks and we pretty much know how much players love playing in that useless game.

Call me cynical, but there is just something rather fishy about this foot thing. The reports indicate that it is far less painful if it is a full rupture and surgery can actually do that. Now, why hasn't there been any reports of a surgery? Now, he went to North Carolina for a "second opinion?" This is not cancer and that injury is not exactly difficult for Denver medical centers or doctors to diagnose. Almost like a broken arm.

Just so happened to happen almost immediately after he broke Favre's yards record? Lucky I guess.

I read btw what TD said about the advantages Brock has with the stretch run offense. One, he indicated how the point at where he hand offs are made and the fact that Brock has the ability to bootleg is very significant for he cutback lanes to open up. With out those, the stretch running game does not work regardless of who is on the OL.

Plus, I am guessing that Fox and Gase made it clear that Brock has a hose and the safeties cannot be cheating up. During the course of the year the safeties would be playing virtually in the box due to manning' slack of arm strength. Plus you can see how the Bears were told of OZ's ability to run. On that TD pass to DT, Brock starts to run. The LBs both sucked in and Brock saw DT in that soft space. The safeties were further back. Once DT is in the open field, he is problematic for most DBs to handle.

Anyway, I am still not fully buying into this injury thing. Could be me. I did notice that after some in the media started to question things the Broncos put out that there is a litany of other injuries other than the plantar thing.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it's Manning who's involved if there's any deception going on. I bet he led the coaches to believe he was healthier than he was. And how many coaches are going to argue with a HOF QB?

He's injured. He's just trying to hide how much so.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no there is something going on ..not sure what but Manning went and got a second opinion yesterday .. So to me he believes one thing the staff believe another ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff seems to be wanting nothing to do with the past . they are salty about what they are trying to do they are moving on ..

Manning is done here .. I think he will be playing some were running his system next year this system is not for him and Dennison got rather salty about the Idea of Manning vs Broc ..if you have not watched that it is really telling they want no part of 2013 what so ever !!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we don't go back to manning at this point .. also Kobiak was like a deer in head light's yesterday he is now avoiding the Q gave him he has moved on from Manning he just is taking the only high road IMO

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that asked the Q was kind of silly asking what we would run last week but Dennison got rather pissed . I cant believe how pissed he got but I will say he gave him hell for a stupid not well asked Q...

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are pissed you let some thoughts slip..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff seems to be wanting nothing to do with the past . they are salty about what they are trying to do they are moving on ..

Manning is done here .. I think he will be playing some were running his system next year this system is not for him and Dennison got rather salty about the Idea of Manning vs Broc ..if you have not watched that it is really telling they want no part of 2013 what so ever !!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we don't go back to manning at this point .. also Kobiak was like a deer in head light's yesterday he is now avoiding the Q gave him he has moved on from Manning he just is taking the only high road IMO

At this point I am impressed with the Broncos handling of this very difficult situation. They are working to preserve the reputation of Manning but at the same time trying to do what is best for this team moving forward. That is a tough line to walk. The whole Florio report probably didn't help matters.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not following it all So I believe you .. not sure what is going on . Manning running was never a good Idea

This was a bad idea from the get go ..I thought we was going to run 2013 plays and add slowly more of Kubiak stuff and see what would work .. this was a train wreck pretty much the whole way ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not following it all So I believe you .. not sure what is going on . Manning running was never a good Idea

This was a bad idea from the get go ..I thought we was going to run 2013 plays and add slowly more of Kubiak stuff and see what would work .. this was a train wreck pretty much the whole way ..

They were talking about this on the radio yesterday. A lot of former Broncos believe that Manning has never fully bought into Kubiak's system actually working. It goes against a lot of what he has done his whole career of getting the team into the right call compared to the defense where Kubiak sometimes believes in going ahead and running even against a loaded box as he knows down the road in the game those runs will make a difference. Kubiak and company quickly conceded to Manning to run a system closer to what he is used to after week 1. Manning still couldn't produce even running what more looked like his system than Kubiak's. I think that is the frustration for the coaches is they were brought in to show Manning that there is a system out there that doesn't depend on the QB being dominant to win. Elway wanted to take pressure off of Manning and give him a solid run game. We saw this past weekend what a solid run game does for this offense and how it can protect a QB.

To me there is a reason the team can't quite run all that they did in 2013. They have very different personnel in both the coaches and players. Before we got Vernon Davis we didn't have anybody that resembled what Julius Thomas brought to this offense. That to me is the biggest difference. He took a lot of attention up the middle keeping teams from keying in on the edges giving DT and Decker a lot more 1 on 1 plays. I would also add not having a guy like Welker that is on the same page as Manning especially on those 3rd down plays is really missing from this team to come close to doing what they did in 2013. We just don't have the weapons that we had that year. We do have enough weapons though to still have a solid offense that if they protect the football we can go and win games because we have such an elite defense.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Manning I would head to IR and head to TNN next year .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what it is the window shut on manning in Denver .. I will give Manning credit he has not gave up you can tell .. I like him wish him well .. He still might pull it off but only he might be able to he did show us all something in the packer game So I will never say never with Manning .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Manning I would head to IR and head to TNN next year .

I don't see how Tennessee would take him. They have 2 young QB's with starting experience that they are trying to figure out if they are the future or not. Teams I can actually see being a choice

1) Jets--They just don't have much at the QB position but have a very decent defense that if they got some decent QB play they could be a team to recon with.

2) Houston--Again decent team around him missing a QB.

3) Cleveland--Manziel has made a mess of things down there.

4) St. Louis or San Fran--Both again needing a QB and needing something to get the fans excited about the franchise.