• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

manning out for season?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read on glazers twitter didn't know if this should get its own thread or not

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should clarify its something someone else is reporting not what glazers sayin

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds as if he's another causality of the lockout. I've read stories that said he wasn't able to properly rehab the injury with team trainers. Although that does raise one large question for me, why the hell didn't he pay for his own medical rehab? Medical bills are expensive without employer insurance of course, but Manning is filthy rich... he easily could have gone to a hospital or physical rehab center on his own. It's not like only the Colts and their medical staff had the ability to help him with his recovery process.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooops, I forgot a big part of my last sentence in my previous post. I meant to say that it's not like the Colts and their medical staff were the only ones with the ability to help him with his recovery process.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a weird explanation. I'm reading through the lines that they've been doing everything possible to get him back, but the injury is taking longer than expected to heal. They are conveniently pointing the blame at the lockout on this one. The next time something bad happens to you, just blame it on the lockout too.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this is what it'll come down to. Say he misses the first three or four weeks and the Colts go 0-4 or 1-3. Do they really rush him back? Interesting to see how this all plays out. And if he does miss the season, what kind of player should people expect back next season?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooops, I forgot a big part of my last sentence in my previous post. I meant to say that it's not like the Colts and their medical staff were the only ones with the ability to help him with his recovery process.

Archie was on Colin Cowherd on Monday or Tuesday and he said Peyton did fly all over the place trying to get treatment. He couldn't find anyone he was as comfortable with as his Indy team doctors. So, if Archie's description is accurate he did make attempts to get treatment on his own, and presumably on his own dime.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a weird explanation. I'm reading through the lines that they've been doing everything possible to get him back, but the injury is taking longer than expected to heal. They are conveniently pointing the blame at the lockout on this one. The next time something bad happens to you, just blame it on the lockout too.

We should start one of those "Alex Smith turned the wine back into water" threads for the Lockout, ("Abraham Lincoln would still be alive if not for the Lockout" "I would have been a doctor if it weren't for the Lockout")... although it wouldn't be as funny or truthful. (As you can tell, I'm no good at these. I'd have better, but I've been taught not to plagarize)

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It sounds as if he's another causality of the lockout. I've read stories that said he wasn't able to properly rehab the injury with team trainers. Although that does raise one large question for me, why the hell didn't he pay for his own medical rehab? Medical bills are expensive without employer insurance of course, but Manning is filthy rich... he easily could have gone to a hospital or physical rehab center on his own. It's not like only the Colts and their medical staff had the ability to help him with his recovery process.

Hahaha, that would be my first question??...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw his quote on ESPN "I will miss them more than they will miss me"

:lol:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Jay Glazer:

"While I'm hearing Manning hasn't had surgery yet, I wouldn't be surprised if he has it before the weekend."

This likely would be a season ender.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is just a matter of time before his IR status is confirmed.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to Peyton getting to a speedy recovery with all his money.

But, why couldn't this happen when we had their first rd pick?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is just a matter of time before his IR status is confirmed.

What led you to that conclusion? I ask because I picked him thinking he would be back by week 3 or 4 because the Colts didn't put him on IR.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What led you to that conclusion? I ask because I picked him thinking he would be back by week 3 or 4 because the Colts didn't put him on IR.

Everything I have read about this procedure is what led me to that conclusion. As far as putting him on IR, the Colts won't put him on IR until after the surgery and a prognosis report.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Fusing vertabrae in the neck because of nerve damage done in the first clean up surgery is what I hear. That can't be good. I'd think he's out a lot longer than a month.