• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

manning out for season?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everything I have read about this procedure is what led me to that conclusion. As far as putting him on IR, the Colts won't put him on IR until after the surgery and a prognosis report.

I must have missed the news about him having another surgery. My bad.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am going to get teased mercilessly for picking him, hopefully his brother will have a good year for me.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numerous sources are reporting it will take 2-3 months minimum for recovery.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fusing vertabrae in the neck because of nerve damage done in the first clean up surgery is what I hear. That can't be good. I'd think he's out a lot longer than a month.

That is a pretty big deal, that ended Shannon Sharpe's career. Maybe it's different for a QB though, since they don't usually require the full motion of their neck in the same way a WR does.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is a pretty big deal, that ended Shannon Sharpe's career. Maybe it's different for a QB though, since they don't usually require the full motion of their neck in the same way a WR does.

Ya, maybe not to the extent that a wide receiver needs it but I would think the Qb would want full motion of his neck as well as he goes through his progressions as well as when he's trying to avoid a rush. Nerve damage in the neck ususally causes a lot of pain during the throwing motion as well

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ya, maybe not to the extent that a wide receiver needs it but I would think the Qb would want full motion of his neck as well as he goes through his progressions as well as when he's trying to avoid a rush. Nerve damage in the neck ususally causes a lot of pain during the throwing motion as well

I would think the risk of re-injury is a critical issue as well. This, in a way reminds me of when Montana went through is back surgery - a lot of uncertainty, a lot of nerves. I can feel a lot of empathy for the fans in Indianapolis. I hope all goes well.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would think the risk of re-injury is a critical issue as well. This, in a way reminds me of when Montana went through is back surgery - a lot of uncertainty, a lot of nerves. I can feel a lot of empathy for the fans in Indianapolis. I hope all goes well.

Me too. Manning seems like one of the good guys.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saddest part is if he is done, he probably doesn't have enough money to live on.....

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dennis Green in an NFL.com fantasy commercial...weird

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's to Peyton getting to a speedy recovery with all his money.

But, why couldn't this happen when we had their first rd pick?

I repped you for that. Mannn, that would have been sweet if this injury/surgery had taken place the year after we had traded with them.