• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning done in Denver?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The Broncos very likely know a date by which Manning will announce - they may even know what the announcement decision is.
2) The Broncos aren't in formal negotiations with Oz, but are exchanging numbers (most likely).
3) Reported rumors are often negotiating tactics - usually by the club.
4) I'm sure the Broncos have some pink slips to hand out too - on some guys - like Vasquez and probably some surprises.
5) Right now we are hearing - RGIII is an option - the Broncos really like Trevor Seimian - and the kid from ND State looks good for the draft, but they will sign Oz for like $10 million - and build some performance bonuses in for the difference between the ask and the give.
6) Malik Jackson is a key defensive player and I am sure the Broncos want him back -

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is news to me. I had heard that they were not starting negotiations until they knew what Manning planned to do.

May be I heard it wrong I heard they stop contract talks .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be I heard it wrong I heard they stop contract talks .

Hmm I'll have to go back and look. I do know that it seems like with every passing day the price of Osweiler goes up. That is why the whole waiting on Manning thing I don't think is in the Broncos best interest. Most negotiations actually happen at the Combine. Agents of the players and GM's are all in the same place at the same time so that is why you see so many deals get done. The problem is then though that the agent whether legal or not will go up to teams needing a QB like Osweiler and say "hey hypothetically if a QB like Osweiler were to hit the market how much would you guys pay?" So then Oz's agent can go back to him and say hey just talked to a few teams that all said they are willing to pay you between $15-20 million compared to the Broncos offering you $10 million.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Oz wants to be a Bronco . I am pretty sure the deal is done just not wanting to take Manning thunder ..

When Jackson was talking you cold tell he was frustrated he had not herd back from Elway ....said Elway must be to busy celebrating.. We all know Elway does not over pay

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that the Broncos can lock up Osweiler and Malik Jackson but I wouldn't give it high odds. The priority is clearly Brock and we'll see where the rest of the chips fall.

I have to admit that it's really fun to have the problems that we have right now. It's the right of passage for the reigning Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an alternate universe - not far away.

Peyton Manning announces he is not retiring he has decided to come back and prove he can play at 40 - and signs to play for the Broncos for $12 million ($6 million bonus additional if the Broncos win the Super Bowl).

Osweiler goes to Cleveland and ends his career as an asterisk. Trevor Siemian turns out to be a top quarterback - and has to relieve Manning's broken body in at least 8 games during the regular season - only for Manning coming back to win back to back.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an alternate universe - not far away.

Peyton Manning announces he is not retiring he has decided to come back and prove he can play at 40 - and signs to play for the Broncos for $12 million ($6 million bonus additional if the Broncos win the Super Bowl).

Osweiler goes to Cleveland and ends his career as an asterisk. Trevor Siemian turns out to be a top quarterback - and has to relieve Manning's broken body in at least 8 games during the regular season - only for Manning coming back to win back to back.
Manning going to jail for tea bagging all those Volunteers in the 80's so he's out. ;)