• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning done in Denver?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some rumors recently about Peyton's relationship with Elway "souring". I'm not sure why it would or if this is even true. Elway delivered on his promise to Manning. Another Super Bowl victory, smashing modern QB records and an opportunity to go out on top. There may have been some disagreement on day to day processes but I would think PFM is pretty happy with his decision to finish his career as a Denver Bronco. Am I missing something?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and BTW, I agree that he won't be a Bronco in 2016. I'm still convinced that he's hangin' em up but even if he doesn't, he won't be playing for Denver.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PM needs to take a page from the book of Elway and retire with grace, dignity and a SB championship.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wheat - so you are an OU fan? Since I lved in Tulsa for 17 years and went to one OU game most years, I still follow them. I'd love to see Shepard selected by the Broncos. I also think Striker could be a good fit - an undersized athletic LB - similar to those who have done well in Denver. Your thoughts?

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PM needs to take a page from the book of Elway and retire with grace, dignity and a SB championship.
I don't disagree with you but if I were Peyton I would probably be a little pissed that everyone is telling me im done, need to retire, ineffective and unwanted...especially after I just won a Super Bowl. I could see how that wouldn't sit well

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably be a little pissed that everyone is telling me im done, need to retire, ineffective and unwanted...especially after I just won a Super Bowl.

Unless you almost led the NFL in INTs while missing half the year. Super Bowl or no Super Bowl that's a bad sign that you aren't exactly improving.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you almost led the NFL in INTs while missing half the year. Super Bowl or no Super Bowl that's a bad sign that you aren't exactly improving.
Just playing devil's advocate here. We obviously won in spite of Manning not because of him, don't think that is even close to debatable anymore. Thats why we have this 'could Tebow have won with our D' argument...The reason Elway doesn't want him is understandable, all im saying is i also get how Manning could be butthurt about that

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are dodging a major bullet here. You don't want the Broncos logo behind Peyton when he inevitably apologizes and admits to both sexual assault and HGH use. Let the Rams deal with that shit.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is done and it's for the best. Go out a champ.

I'm ready for the Osweiler era to start anyways.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some rumors recently about Peyton's relationship with Elway "souring". I'm not sure why it would or if this is even true. Elway delivered on his promise to Manning. Another Super Bowl victory, smashing modern QB records and an opportunity to go out on top. There may have been some disagreement on day to day processes but I would think PFM is pretty happy with his decision to finish his career as a Denver Bronco. Am I missing something?

I think the "souring" part comes from what happened this past off season. We have the rumors that Elway was asking Manning to take a $10 million pay cut. We have the rumors that some trade talks were in the works with Houston. We have the whole firing of Gase who Manning loved having as his OC and hiring a coach that ran a completely different scheme than what has become known as the Manning scheme. We have the letting Julius Thomas walk and using that money to bolster the defense instead of keeping one of Manning's favorite weapons.

So yes I do think there were some hurt feelings as it did seem like the Broncos were trying to move forward with or without Peyton. Hindsight though is 20/20 as I'm sure now Manning couldn't be happier with what Elway did as it brought him his 2nd ring. Hard to always see the vision that another person has until all is said and done.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOD THE 3 RING CRUCUS IS IN TOWN ..

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wheat - so you are an OU fan? Since I lved in Tulsa for 17 years and went to one OU game most years, I still follow them. I'd love to see Shepard selected by the Broncos. I also think Striker could be a good fit - an undersized athletic LB - similar to those who have done well in Denver. Your thoughts?

I think Shep would be a more utilized player than Striker, but it wouldn't bother me to see either one of them in Denver. Kind of depends on what happens to the D in the offseason?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you but if I were Peyton I would probably be a little pissed that everyone is telling me im done, need to retire, ineffective and unwanted...especially after I just won a Super Bowl. I could see how that wouldn't sit well

So as a Broncos fan, do you really see him fitting into Denver's future? Sorry, I don't. I love what he did in Denver and he's one of the all time greats, but I think it's time for him to hang it up. He does not have the arm he used to have and other teams know it. I just think it's time for him to bow out gracefully.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very unusual situation, and I don't think that there is any doubt that Manning has played his final game in a Bronco uniform ..

So the questions could be:

- Are we holding off on the announcement to sign Oz as a show of respect to Manning, as a new deal with Oz would be a sure sign we're moving on ... This could also be related to Elway finding a trade partner for Manning, although I seriously doubt this could be the case ....

- Is the decision to move on from Manning - either by cutting him or trading him - linked to the abuse allegations that have resurfaced which implicate Manning - and by cutting Manning now, it might be seen as a PR move to distance the Bronco organization from him ? .. So we're holding off on that for now ..

- Are we looking at other QB options right now - RGIII, for example - and testing the waters to see who might be available, as we might not be sold on Oz

- Is Elway simply still too drunk and/or hungover from the SB to even think about business ?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling everyone right now - they like Trevor Siemian as a back up QB. Knowing Kubiak and Dennision - TJ Yates will get a call - since he knows the system. Plus - the Broncos will draft someone - that's a given in the Elway era.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Manning I'd be more pissed at the fact Trent Dilfer played a better Super Bowl.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only Manning that did not wear Orange was his brother .. the rest was very much wearing orange ..

Manning has said this has been a great 4 years ... I believe him ..Every place he went he is wearing Orange and Blue screaming Go Broncos

I think it is not fun unless there is Drama