• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning done in Denver?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is time all parties be thankful and move forward, before Manning has that one last chance at baring his ass and lowering his testicles into our faces

Please, for our own sanity, let's move on before it is too late

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see RG3 compete in Denver.

A lot of people have given up on him. I am not one of those people.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see RG3 compete in Denver.

A lot of people have given up on him. I am not one of those people.

I am with you. The more I think about it the more I really want to see it happen.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you. The more I think about it the more I really want to see it happen.

Big name so everyone wants him. What have you seen since his rookie year that makes you think that he can stay healthy and be a pocket passer in the NFL that can read a defense? Is he really worth having the circus back in town like Tebow and having RG3's dad in everyone's business? Just not worth it to me but we shall see if it happens.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big name so everyone wants him. What have you seen since his rookie year that makes you think that he can stay healthy and be a pocket passer in the NFL that can read a defense? Is he really worth having the circus back in town like Tebow and having RG3's dad in everyone's business? Just not worth it to me but we shall see if it happens.

With him getting benched his celebrity has somewhat died out in my opinion. Yeah there would be some circus that would come with him coming to Denver but I don't think it would be anything like earlier in his career and that of Tebow.

As far as reading defenses goes I have no clue. Like I said earlier no one knows more about this kid than a guy down the street from the Broncos coaches in Mike Shanahan. I'm sure that Kubiak and Elway have gone and spoken to him about this kid. If the Broncos end up getting him then my guess is Shanahan gave his stamp of approval. I also like that we have Kubiak an ex-QB and Elway an ex-QB in 2 of the most important positions because to me if anybody can get this kid on the right track it would be them. Maybe he can't handle reading a defense and maybe he would struggle but to me that is the same issue we could have in re-signing Brock Osweiler. We have seen some promising moments from him but nothing that so far says for sure this kid will be a star. To me you are taking a chance either way.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With him getting benched his celebrity has somewhat died out in my opinion. Yeah there would be some circus that would come with him coming to Denver but I don't think it would be anything like earlier in his career and that of Tebow.

As far as reading defenses goes I have no clue. Like I said earlier no one knows more about this kid than a guy down the street from the Broncos coaches in Mike Shanahan. I'm sure that Kubiak and Elway have gone and spoken to him about this kid. If the Broncos end up getting him then my guess is Shanahan gave his stamp of approval. I also like that we have Kubiak an ex-QB and Elway an ex-QB in 2 of the most important positions because to me if anybody can get this kid on the right track it would be them. Maybe he can't handle reading a defense and maybe he would struggle but to me that is the same issue we could have in re-signing Brock Osweiler. We have seen some promising moments from him but nothing that so far says for sure this kid will be a star. To me you are taking a chance either way.

M.S. of what I understand was never a fan of RG3 and stated that Cousins was the better choice the whole time but management in Washington wanted RG3 to be the man the whole time in which is why M.S. isn't coaching there. I guarantee the Redskins regret trading those picks for him. Do you really think that RG3 can stay healthy as well? Oz knows the offense. Oz has been with this team. Oz doesn't have a circus like RG3. Oz I think is already ahead of RG3 when it comes to skill set of a QB. Pocket passer with a great arm and better size. I agree if Oz is asking for to much money and Elway doesn't have enough faith in him then another option is the way to go but I'm just not sold that the RG3 is anything more then a back up QB. The circus would show up and RG3 following Manning on a Super Bowl contender doesn't help it either. I don't believe the celebrity status has gone away and if he signs with Denver it would be get worse. The only other spot it would be worse is Dallas but he would be a back up to start the year until Romo gets bashed again. To me he isn't worth the trouble. There is a lot to be said about Kirk Cousins beating him out as the starting QB. Just my opinion. We shall see if it happens. Love the feedback. Thanks for answering my post. Peace.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason RG is still in Washington is because of the owner Snyder. I think he was finally coming to grips with the decision to cut or trade him but now he has to deal with Cousins. If Cousins and Snyder don`t come to an agreement, RG3 could very well stay in Washington anyway. Snyder has a love fest for this guy. So, don`t get all those fantasy hopes brewing that RG3 will come to Denver and be somehow miraculously transformed into a starting qb boys. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don`t understand? Haven't you listened to all the feedback over the last few yrs about this inability? That`s the big reason why I don`t like him in any system. It`s all I hear. If even a couple people would have said positive things about him I would not be against Denver giving him a shot if Oz out prices his worth. Find me some quotes from coaches or analyst that say different would you. You have a few months so take your time :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don`t understand? Haven't you listened to all the feedback over the last few yrs about this inability? That`s the big reason why I don`t like him in any system. It`s all I hear. If even a couple people would have said positive things about him I would not be against Denver giving him a shot if Oz out prices his worth. Find me some quotes from coaches or analyst that say different would you. You have a few months so take your time :)

"We just went 80 yards on two-minute drive,” Trent Williams said. “That was all [Griffin]— just decision-making, hitting guys on time, getting the ball out on time.”

"He has had to change the game he played for 14 years,” linebacker Keenan Robinson told Sports Illustrated’s Peter King. “But I like what I see right now. He was a one-look guy who would take off and run pretty fast. Now he scans the field and stays in the pocket and makes big throws.”

“I liked it a lot,” McCloughan said. “I see improvement. I see confidence. I see the ball out on time; I see a good football player.”

“He's learning every day, and that's what everybody is doing,” the coach said. “Every day, every rep is a different rep against a different coverage with a different play call. Every time he calls a play against a different defense, he's got to react, he’s got make a read and deliver the ball accurately in the passing game.

“He's done that, and he’s just continuing to grow, and that's all we can ask.”

Mike Shanahan thinks he knows why RG3 has struggled

That last article is Shanahan talking openly about RGIII. He has some criticisms but more in the line of a QB that never had to learn those things ever until he got to the NFL and so of course there would be growing pains. In fact Shanahan is much more critical of Dan Snyder than of RGIII because he feels like Snyder filled his head with a lot of nonsense. In Denver that doesn't happen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M.S. of what I understand was never a fan of RG3 and stated that Cousins was the better choice the whole time but management in Washington wanted RG3 to be the man the whole time in which is why M.S. isn't coaching there. I guarantee the Redskins regret trading those picks for him. Do you really think that RG3 can stay healthy as well? Oz knows the offense. Oz has been with this team. Oz doesn't have a circus like RG3. Oz I think is already ahead of RG3 when it comes to skill set of a QB. Pocket passer with a great arm and better size. I agree if Oz is asking for to much money and Elway doesn't have enough faith in him then another option is the way to go but I'm just not sold that the RG3 is anything more then a back up QB. The circus would show up and RG3 following Manning on a Super Bowl contender doesn't help it either. I don't believe the celebrity status has gone away and if he signs with Denver it would be get worse. The only other spot it would be worse is Dallas but he would be a back up to start the year until Romo gets bashed again. To me he isn't worth the trouble. There is a lot to be said about Kirk Cousins beating him out as the starting QB. Just my opinion. We shall see if it happens. Love the feedback. Thanks for answering my post. Peace.

Let me first off say all that I write about RGIII only happens if we cannot get Osweiler at the right price. Believe me that is Plan-A. I really hope he and the Broncos can come to an agreement that fits both the price the Broncos can feel comfortable with and one that he feels respected as a player. Osweiler though does have an agent that is known for getting top dollar for his players. He is pretty ruthless that way so I could see him over the next couple of weeks say "hey I have been talking to people around the league and they think you could easily get $17-18 million on the open market instead of this $10-12 million the Broncos are offering." Now to me that is a huge difference in contract price. So hard to tell what is going to happen there.

So to me when I mention RGIII it is me looking around the league and trying to figure out a suitable Plan-B that I could feel half way comfortable with. I look at the FA market and well RGIII seems like the one guy with a decent ceiling that could come in and do well. I would then use a top-3 round draft pick on a QB that shows some good promise and hope either RGIII develops or the rookie does or both as we could get some draft picks for one of them. Having such an unknown at the QB position is not an easy thought. We were very fortunate to get Manning for 4 years and know who our QB was. We see with teams like the Browns what having such unrest at the QB position can do to a franchise. So again I hope Osweiler gets signed and really hope he develops into that starter for the next 10-years that we have been looking for. I'm just becoming more skeptical as the days go by that we can sign him for what many of us think is his value.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We just went 80 yards on two-minute drive,” Trent Williams said. “That was all [Griffin]— just decision-making, hitting guys on time, getting the ball out on time.”

"He has had to change the game he played for 14 years,” linebacker Keenan Robinson told Sports Illustrated’s Peter King. “But I like what I see right now. He was a one-look guy who would take off and run pretty fast. Now he scans the field and stays in the pocket and makes big throws.”

“I liked it a lot,” McCloughan said. “I see improvement. I see confidence. I see the ball out on time; I see a good football player.”

“He's learning every day, and that's what everybody is doing,” the coach said. “Every day, every rep is a different rep against a different coverage with a different play call. Every time he calls a play against a different defense, he's got to react, he’s got make a read and deliver the ball accurately in the passing game.

“He's done that, and he’s just continuing to grow, and that's all we can ask.”

Mike Shanahan thinks he knows why RG3 has struggled

That last article is Shanahan talking openly about RGIII. He has some criticisms but more in the line of a QB that never had to learn those things ever until he got to the NFL and so of course there would be growing pains. In fact Shanahan is much more critical of Dan Snyder than of RGIII because he feels like Snyder filled his head with a lot of nonsense. In Denver that doesn't happen.
That all was from his rookie year I take it ;). Trent Williams and a linebacker. One 80 yd drive. Kudos for finding some positives but that is nothing compared to all the negatives and by highly respected folk too. :) Ok. Uncle. We`ll see and believe me if I have to eat crow I certainly will, but if not, I won`t miss the " I told you so " opportunity either my man :)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gag is all I got to say about RG..................I will take a break at watching the NFL if he is the Broncos QB.

Oz is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better option people are talking hios stats but during the games he was playing in he was as solid as any QB that week those were cold weather games . those stats were big time during that kind of weather ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gag is all I got to say about RG..................I will take a break at watching the NFL if he is the Broncos QB.

Oz is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better option people are talking hios stats but during the games he was playing in he was as solid as any QB that week those were cold weather games . those stats were big time during that kind of weather ..

So are we to ignore that he got outplayed in some of his games by the other QB in the game? Again not saying Osweiler isn't or wont' be a good QB in this league but I don't think he showed anything that makes me think he is the next Aaron Rodgers at this point. Again there has to be a number in the head of John Elway that he just refuses to go over. If I were him anything over $14 million is a point to just walk away and move on. I would love to have him for around $10 million but $12 million seems like a good spot that I could live with. That $14 million I mentioned is probably still too rich for me but I could understand with such a lack of QB talent in the league why the Broncos would do it. Again though there has to be a stopping point that you are willing to move on from Oz.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has to investigate all options at QB. RGIII is just one of those options.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we to ignore that he got outplayed in some of his games by the other QB in the game? Again not saying Osweiler isn't or wont' be a good QB in this league but I don't think he showed anything that makes me think he is the next Aaron Rodgers at this point. Again there has to be a number in the head of John Elway that he just refuses to go over. If I were him anything over $14 million is a point to just walk away and move on. I would love to have him for around $10 million but $12 million seems like a good spot that I could live with. That $14 million I mentioned is probably still too rich for me but I could understand with such a lack of QB talent in the league why the Broncos would do it. Again though there has to be a stopping point that you are willing to move on from Oz.

You do get he is signed right ?????????? The contract is done .

also Jackson was offered a Contract .. He then sent the number he wanted and crickets every since .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver announced that they stopped talks until manning ..well that is because it is done waiting on a signature .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is class .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do get he is signed right ?????????? The contract is done .

also Jackson was offered a Contract .. He then sent the number he wanted and crickets every since .

Well that is news to me. I had heard that they were not starting negotiations until they knew what Manning planned to do.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would be surprised if he didn't return Denver next year, because I don't think Manning plays with any team next year.