• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manager Situation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty widely taken as fact at this point. The Giants are expected to make it official tomorrow.

This is basically best possible outcome for this situation. And it doesn’t look like we are trading for him, we are just poaching him.

Great start to the off season.

So, politically, who has more power at this point? FZ or BoMel?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being an asshole come natural to you obviously,congrats
Relax. He doesn’t know about your situation, and you have to admit, your posts are a bit…. odd…. when it comes to punctuation and spelling.

He knows now.

But yes. Being an asshole DOES come naturally to him.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty widely taken as fact at this point. The Giants are expected to make it official tomorrow.

This is basically best possible outcome for this situation. And it doesn’t look like we are trading for him, we are just poaching him.

Great start to the off season.

So, politically, who has more power at this point? FZ or BoMel?
Might be split in the middle. I think the higher ups wants to hear what our soon to be new manager has to say.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was hoping for Veritek. Dang
It seems that usually, a manager’s first job ends up being a shitshow. Getting a young guy with at least 1 job under his belt is the best way to go, imho.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget, was it Mays-Fan or SF11704 that kept pushing for Buster at 3rd?
and fuck you very much for depressing me regarding SF11704. It has been over a year now, and he was the most senior of us all. I think it is safe to assume what happened at this point.

:Cry: :rip:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and fuck you very much for depressing me regarding SF11704. It has been over a year now, and he was the most senior of us all. I think it is safe to assume what happened at this point.

:Cry: :rip:
Do you have access to his email address?

Hope it is not what you suspect, that he became a Dodger fan....

I remember on the Mouse Board a good dude whose handle was DFaninWisc who was always pleasant in dealing with the SF-LA rivalry. He didn't post for a few days, and then I guess his wife found his account and posted that he had passed away from a heart attack. Most of the board was quite sad about this and posted some lovely tributes. But there were a few...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have access to his email address?

Hope it is not what you suspect, that he became a Dodger fan....

I remember on the Mouse Board a good dude whose handle was DFaninWisc who was always pleasant in dealing with the SF-LA rivalry. He didn't post for a few days, and then I guess his wife found his account and posted that he had passed away from a heart attack. Most of the board was quite sad about this and posted some lovely tributes. But there were a few...
I did this with Heath when he disappeared (and got word from him about why he disappeared). I have requested sf’s contact info and will pass along anything I find out (or the inability to learn anything)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^. Although I admit, I wanted it to happen to so he could play longer. I think he had the right body type to be a decent third baseman too. I’ll always love Buster and am happy for him as a person (family always comes first), but am more bummed as a fan I only got to watch him until what was it, 34?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^. Although I admit, I wanted it to happen to so he could play longer. I think he had the right body type to be a decent third baseman too. I’ll always love Buster and am happy for him as a person (family always comes first), but am more bummed as a fan I only got to watch him until what was it, 34?
It was not a bad fan-theory. But it was entirely fan-created. Everything we ever heard about Buster was that he never wanted to move away from the catcher position. He never wavered from that stated desire. So insisting that he move, FROM A FAN, was really just ignorant blather.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not a bad fan-theory. But it was entirely fan-created. Everything we ever heard about Buster was that he never wanted to move away from the catcher position. He never wavered from that stated desire. So insisting that he move, FROM A FAN, was really just ignorant blather.
Oh I wasn’t insisting, just hoping for his knees/backs sake. But like you alluded to, he never wanted to leave catcher and I don’t blame him. He was an unholy beast behind the plate.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I wasn’t insisting, just hoping for his knees/backs sake. But like you alluded to, he never wanted to leave catcher and I don’t blame him. He was an unholy beast behind the plate.
Rereading my post, it came across as MUCH more aggressive than I intended. I was/am very glad that Mays pushed that idea. It led to lots of humor and good natured ribbing on the site. Similar to my takes on Belt. They were based on my real opinions, but I talked them up for entertainment value.