• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mahomes vs Rodgers for....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers should be MVP.

Rodgers vs Mahomes would be a great Super Bowl matchup.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's tons of pressure on Rodgers. He's deemed as one of the greats to play but his black mark is the playoff failures outside of his only title/appearance.
Maybe, but he's been good in the playoffs. A winning record for his career. 40 TD's and 12 INT's. A 100 rating.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people say that Mahomes uses his legs more than Aaron. That is true, except the stats don't show much. Rodgers rushes for 10 yards per game and Mahomes rushes for 18 yards per game. Rodgers has also rushed for more TD's.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people say that Mahomes uses his legs more than Aaron. That is true, except the stats don't show much. Rodgers rushes for 10 yards per game and Mahomes rushes for 18 yards per game. Rodgers has also rushed for more TD's.
Mahomes argument would be yards in general. And wins although the team has nothing to play for now.

I do think Rodgers did enough to clinch it last week.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes argument would be yards in general. And wins although the team has nothing to play for now.

I do think Rodgers did enough to clinch it last week.
I hope I didn't come across as bashing Mahomes in any way. He is great. I just think that this year it's so close that it will come down to bundling all the stats together and currently Rodgers leads in most of them.
Mahomes has:
Wins
rushing yards

Rodgers has:
Completion %
TD's
Less INT's
Rushing TD's
Rating
Less sacks

Neither would be a bad choice.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I didn't come across as bashing Mahomes in any way. He is great. I just think that this year it's so close that it will come down to bundling all the stats together and currently Rodgers leads in most of them.
Mahomes has:
Wins
rushing yards

Rodgers has:
Completion %
TD's
Less INT's
Rushing TD's
Rating
Less sacks

Neither would be a bad choice.
Mahomes' issue in this type of comparison is that:

1) Kelce and Hill are so good
2) Chiefs have some really costly drops and penalties this year that kinda hurt Mahomes stats quite a bit.
3) Chiefs oline has been a dumpster fire the past few games
4) Mahomes has thrown a lot of passes that could have been intercepted

I think these issues all kinda cancel each other out, though, which means you just have to look at the stats. Mahomes is on pace to pass for what he did in his MVP season in yards. The Chiefs are 14-1. People are making mountains out of molehills when it comes to Mahomes' flaws.

*But*

This is just more of a case where we have 3 outstanding years that have legit MVP cases. I think Allen's season is pretty darn close to MVP levels. Its just that Rodgers has just been a little better than the other two.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make a case that Deshaun Watson's season is as impressive as most anyone - second perhaps only to Rodgers - and would've been a legit candidate for MVP had it not been for the crapfest that was Houstons defense and coaching. I thought perhaps his second half stats would be far larger than the first half (passing more in order to come from behind) but they are generally equal, so his numbers are just a bunch of garbage stats. Did that without D. Hopkins to boot.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be Rodgers or Wilson. Both of those teams would do jack fuck all if either went out. Reid could turn my fatass into a pro bowl QB.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make a case that Deshaun Watson's season is as impressive as most anyone - second perhaps only to Rodgers - and would've been a legit candidate for MVP had it not been for the crapfest that was Houstons defense and coaching. I thought perhaps his second half stats would be far larger than the first half (passing more in order to come from behind) but they are generally equal, so his numbers are just a bunch of garbage stats. Did that without D. Hopkins to boot.
The teams win/loss record doesn't get Watson in the conversation even though he has has a fantastic season. Over 70% completions, 30 TD's, 6 INT's and a rating of 112.1. Amazing.
But if I remove Watson because o his 4-11 record, it leaves a log jam after Rodgers. I think Mahomes is the only one close to Rodgers.

1609430352793.png

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams win/loss record doesn't get Watson in the conversation even though he has has a fantastic season. Over 70% completions, 30 TD's, 6 INT's and a rating of 112.1. Amazing.
But if I remove Watson because o his 4-11 record, it leaves a log jam after Rodgers. I think Mahomes is the only one close to Rodgers.

View attachment 261204
The thing that takes Watson and Wilson out of the conversation is the sacks. Texans are probably a .500 team if those sacks numbers aren't so egregious. Seahawks are probably a Super Bowl favorite if they figure out their oline/sack issue

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 261204

Watson's season is definitely not the norm. To be amongst the best QB's in a year where you can go 4-12 is really unheard of....off the top of my head, I can't think of anything close. Had his defense been just average, he'd be in the conversation IMO.