• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Made it to the Championship - some tough matchups

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perryman would scare me a little bit. I honestly think they were making it a point to get him the ball last week since his Dad played for the Lions. And I'm not so sure Tampa is going to hoist it up 50 times this week. Step outside, you can tell how windy it is right now and it's supposed to worse this weekend. And Winston is not exactly known as a good wind player with his wobbly ass passes. Everybody on that team scares me to death this week. Plus the Texans are still playing for something. It would not surprise me at all if Tamps Bay just laid down and lost this game like 23-3. Now it also wouldn't be the first time I was completely wrong either, but I'd rather play Washington. At least he's guaranteed like 15 touches.
@Bandit - excellent point on the weather-worry. .... I normally don't make adjustment for weather until the day of the game(s), But based upon what is forecast so far, you are absolutely correct (high winds (20+) and rain) would make Perriman a sit. I'll check it Sat morn (after-all it's Florida and we know it can change by the hour). If the pattern holds to the forecast I'll make a change there. .......

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we ever get an opening in the Way Too Long League I'll nominate you...………the format is frustration as hell as you constantly leave many points on the bench.
Oh if that's the case I'd be a natural. .... I can do that with a 3 player bench. ... :suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit - excellent point on the weather-worry. .... I normally don't make adjustment for weather until the day of the game(s), But based upon what is forecast so far, you are absolutely correct (high winds (20+) and rain) would make Perriman a sit. I'll check it Sat morn (after-all it's Florida and we know it can change by the hour). If the pattern holds to the forecast I'll make a change there. .......

That settles it!

I am definitely starting Houston DST

Winston throwing for the yards record in high wind could lead to a picks record instead.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That settles it!

Winston throwing for the yards record in high wind could lead to a picks record instead.
I'm cool if he gets them both...………….in the same game. I am starting Perriman and the Houston D in the league where there are no such things as negative points...……….lol.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh if that's the case I'd be a natural. .... I can do that with a 3 player bench. ... :suds:
Dude, I have to say I have always been the wait on a QB guy (well, usually anyway) but in this league I don't think I can do that this year. I have been wrong on most every week this season with this team. Carrying 3 QB sucks ass unless one of them is a stud...……….and if you want a stud in this league you have to pop on a QB in the first 3 rounds...……..

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That settles it!
I'm cool if he gets them both...………….in the same game. I am starting Perriman and the Houston D in the league where there are no such things as negative points...……….lol.
Well, good call on the HOU DST. .... at least early on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perriman could of had a TD if Winston was more accurate on that pass.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perriman could of had a TD if Winston was more accurate on that pass.
Yea, saw that - I guess the bright spot is that he's getting plenty of targets (crappy as they may be). .... perhaps he needs to put on a HOU jersey - Winston not having a hard time finding them :noidea:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good call on the HOU DST. .... at least early on.
And in another league.....................last minute sat Parker fer Fuller (hear the weather is gonna be really bad). I think I'm off Fuller forever now. Dude is like glass................

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in another league.....................last minute sat Parker fer Fuller (hear the weather is gonna be really bad). I think I'm off Fuller forever now. Dude is like glass................
No doubt. .... even in bad weather thinking Parker would have surpass Fuller's numbers. ....

Here's Rotoworld's take: With a possible Wild Card berth in the cards exactly two weekends from now, Fuller will likely be kept away from wind and any loud noises to ensure he's ready to go for the postseason.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. .... even in bad weather thinking Parker would have surpass Fuller's numbers. ....

Here's Rotoworld's take: With a possible Wild Card berth in the cards exactly two weekends from now, Fuller will likely be kept away from wind and any loud noises to ensure he's ready to go for the postseason.
Well I may need to start him fer Derrick Henry now...………..shit!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys the 'good news' is that Perriman put up decent numbers (although it should have been more if Winston shared his love for HOU defenders with him). The bad news is I'm down by 22 (Kittle/Kupp/Warner) and he still has Jackson, McCaff, Ekeler, Boone and Landry - - hell 20pts from his friggin defender. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a recap for those interested. I'm down by 14.7 with only Blake (my IDP) left vs M. Boone, so it's pretty safe to say I'll be a loser (unless maybe Mattison plays and Boone sits). ... anyway, my maximized lineup would have been been (bold are differences):
D. Brees (vs Mahomes) + 1.2
D. Washington (at RB vs Chubb) + 13.1
R. Mostert
M. Thomas
B. Perriman
S. Shepard (at flex vs McLaurin) + 4.5
M. Gallup (at flex spot vacated by Washington) + 12.3
B. Martinez ??
J. Tucker

Funny game sometimes, since I don't think anyone would have suggested leaving Chubb completely out in favor of Washington at RB or, to a lesser extent, replacing him with Shepard or Gallup. ...... that combo would have me up by 16.4.
Still may have lost but up is always better than down. .... oh well, that's the fortunes of FF. ...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a recap for those interested. I'm down by 14.7 with only Blake (my IDP) left vs M. Boone, so it's pretty safe to say I'll be a loser (unless maybe Mattison plays and Boone sits). ... anyway, my maximized lineup would have been been (bold are differences):
D. Brees (vs Mahomes) + 1.2
D. Washington (at RB vs Chubb) + 13.1
R. Mostert
M. Thomas
B. Perriman
S. Shepard (at flex vs McLaurin) + 4.5
M. Gallup (at flex spot vacated by Washington) + 12.3
B. Martinez ??
J. Tucker

Funny game sometimes, since I don't think anyone would have suggested leaving Chubb completely out in favor of Washington at RB or, to a lesser extent, replacing him with Shepard or Gallup. ...... that combo would have me up by 16.4.
Still may have lost but up is always better than down. .... oh well, that's the fortunes of FF. ...

I was on the bench Chubb train... even suggested it multiple times on this thread... YAY ME!!!!LOL...

But seriously, I don't blame ya for not benching him...

In one of my money leagues, I did bench chubb for Washington... Worked out... But unfortunately I am still a heavy dog thanks to the Colts defense scoring 33 AGAINST me...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the bench Chubb train... even suggested it multiple times on this thread... YAY ME!!!!LOL...
But seriously, I don't blame ya for not benching him...
In one of my money leagues, I did bench chubb for Washington... Worked out... But unfortunately I am still a heavy dog thanks to the Colts defense scoring 33 AGAINST me...
Yea, I do remember that - although if he hadn't gotten stuffed at the goal line like 3 times, the difference between those 2 wouldn't have been much - yet I must admit I was worried about game script in that game. .... but hats off to you for having the balls to do it with $$ on the line. .... :yo:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I do remember that - although if he hadn't gotten stuffed at the goal line like 3 times, the difference between those 2 wouldn't have been much - yet I must admit I was worried about game script in that game. .... but hats off to you for having the balls to do it with $$ on the line. .... :yo:

made it easy when you are high on Washington and you have no flex spot... if I had a flex, I would have had Chubb in still probably...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
made it easy when you are high on Washington and you have no flex spot... if I had a flex, I would have had Chubb in still probably...
Funny, I was pretty high on him myself - not sure exactly why other than LAC having nothing to play for. .... enough so I got him into the lineup, just picked the wrong guy to sit for him. ....