• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It May Be Better If the 49ers Lose to Seattle Tomorrow

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds odd, but I see the 49ers going deeper into the playoffs as a wild card than as a #1 seed due to the matchups that will take place. The NFC playoff seedings will go like this if the 49ers lose.
G.B., N.O. Seattle, Eagles, Niners and Vikings.

In this scenario the Niners will beat the Eagles, no question. They are decimated by injury, have no weapons on offense and are just the type of team the 49ers are built to beat. Seattle will beat the Vikings and then the following week the Niners will travel to GB against another team they are built to beat and they will do it. The Saints will dominate the Seahawks which takes the 49ers all the way to the NFC title game where they will be beaten by the Saints.
Now, should the 49ers somehow find a way to win on Sunday that makes their first playoff opponent Seattle after Seattle beats up on the Eagles in the WC game. The Saints will have beaten the Vikings as well. This makes the 49ers first opponent Seattle and an over confident, not ready to play, 49er team will lose to Seattle since there is no way they beat Seattle, a team that owns them, twice in a row.

In short, it is not all gloom and doom if the 49ers lose tomorrow.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Please.............we don't EVER want to lose.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read/title says it all.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds odd, but I see the 49ers going deeper into the playoffs as a wild card than as a #1 seed due to the matchups that will take place. The NFC playoff seedings will go like this if the 49ers lose.

In this scenario the Niners will beat the Eagles, no question. They are decimated by injury, have no weapons on offense and are just the type of team the 49ers are built to beat. Seattle will beat the Vikings and then the following week the Niners will travel to GB against another team they are built to beat and they will do it. The Saints will dominate the Seahawks which takes the 49ers all the way to the NFC title game where they will be beaten by the Saints.
Now, should the 49ers somehow find a way to win on Sunday that makes their first playoff opponent Seattle after Seattle beats up on the Eagles in the WC game. The Saints will have beaten the Vikings as well. This makes the 49ers first opponent Seattle and an over confident, not ready to play, 49er team will lose to Seattle since there is no way they beat Seattle, a team that owns them, twice in a row.

source.gif

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that the Packers are beatable but I'll say that having to play in Green Bay in January will not be pleasant for the 49ers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read/title says it all.
Oh, you read it. Of course its all moot if the Eagles choke tomorrow and the Niners have to go to Dallas. They will be one and done in that scenario.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that the Packers are beatable but I'll say that having to play in Green Bay in January will not be pleasant for the 49ers.
They have the type of offense that can win there though and they seem to have Rodgers' number.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please.............we don't EVER want to lose.
Could be a way to advance further and I'd like to see them come through in the clutch just once against Seattle but my point was I like the matchups better if they lose...….as long as the Eagles don't choke tomorrow; then its one and done in Dallas for our boys. They can't handle that many offensive weapons without a pass rush and not enough D Linemen to get an effective rotation..

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you read it. Of course its all moot if the Eagles choke tomorrow and the Niners have to go to Dallas. They will be one and done in that scenario.

so you think the cowboys would win as up and down as they are. Your lack of any faith in a team that is 12-3 is pretty amazing. If you think Dallas is a tougher place to play than New Orleans than you are mistaken.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think the cowboys would win as up and down as they are. Your lack of any faith in a team that is 12-3 is pretty amazing. If you think Dallas is a tougher place to play than New Orleans than you are mistaken.
Yes. They are as talented as any team in the league and are just the type of team that would give the 49ers trouble. Plus they'd be at home. I actually think Nw Orleans is a tough place to play, unfortunately so is Seattle so if we have to go to Dallas, it won't get as far as New Orleans.
If Philly comes through tomorrow though and the 49ers lose to Seattle, barring a major injury to Garoppolo or Kittle, they are almost for sure going to get to the NFC Championship game in New Orleans.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They are as talented as any team in the league and are just the type of team that would give the 49ers trouble. Plus they'd be at home. I actually think Nw Orleans is a tough place to play, unfortunately so is Seattle so if we have to go to Dallas, it won't get as far as New Orleans.
If Philly comes through tomorrow though and the 49ers lose to Seattle, barring a major injury to Garoppolo or Kittle, they are almost for sure going to get to the NFC Championship game in New Orleans.

Dallas is not that tough place to play and yes they Cowboys have talent but they don't seem to mess well and have horrible coaching.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is not that tough place to play and yes they Cowboys have talent but they don't seem to mess well and have horrible coaching.
A very dangerous team though if given a second life. A much more experienced team in big games. I believe there is only one player on defense and one on offense who have any playoff experience at all.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very dangerous team though if given a second life. A much more experienced team in big games. I believe there is only one player on defense and one on offense who have any playoff experience at all.

The Cowboys don't have very good playoff experience since they last won the Super Bowl.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that the vaunted Cowboys have been eliminated all the 49ers need to do is roll over for Seattle so they can get to play the Packers in route to the NFC Championship in New Orleans.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may better if the 49ers lose to Seattle.....yup....as incredibly stupid then....it's even more stupid now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that the vaunted Cowboys have been eliminated all the 49ers need to do is roll over for Seattle so they can get to play the Packers in route to the NFC Championship in New Orleans.
I'm hoping Philadelphia will handle that task for us. We could then hope for GB to Beat NO and then we beat GB at home after we beat Philly.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, lets just lose and be done with the season. I'm too happy and thats not s good thing.
It would be less stressful. I died a thousand deaths in the 4th quarter the other night.