• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Madden cover vote - Montana, Rice, Kaepernick, and RGIII top seeds

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Interview on the Subject & More! This kid is something else!

[YOUTUBE]WOY96Xcd098&NR[/YOUTUBE]

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All 49ers still in the running after the 2nd round vote

Vote for EA Sports' 'Madden NFL 25' Cover Athlete - SportsNation #MaddenCoverVote - ESPN

#1 Montana defeated Jerome Bettis (78-22) and now is up against Dan Marino.

#1 Rice defeated Eddie George (91-9) and now is up against Michael Strahan.

#1 Kaepernick defeated A.J. Green (54-46) and now is up against Arian Foster.

If people vote Kaepernick over Foster, I think he'll narrowly defeat the Luck/Wilson winner and make the final 4. I doubt somewhat Kaepernick would defeat Gronkowski and I do NOT think he'd ever defeat Peterson in a vote.

I'm not sure Montana would win the vote against either Ray Lewis or Barry Sanders. I think he'll win the vote against Marino fairly easily.

Rice should be able to defeat Strahan, though they are now pushing Strahan's chances alot more on and off his show than they were so it's possible it'll be closer than some may think. Deion Sanders will probably defeat Aikman and it'll be interesting to see what happens in that vote. That one will probably be real close.

For 49ers fans the biggest topic of discussion might be who would take the Old School side if Montana and Rice both make the finals? I'd probably guess Rice.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Niner haters are going to see how many Niners are still in the running and vote for ANYONE not in a SF jersey?

Haters gotta hate, you know.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Niner haters are going to see how many Niners are still in the running and vote for ANYONE not in a SF jersey?

Haters gotta hate, you know.

you got it wrong, 49er haters are going to vote for 49ers

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are right; Calvin Johnson had such a terrible year in 2012. I hope Montana or Rice don't get the cover, cause they might have an off year.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are right; Calvin Johnson had such a terrible year in 2012. I hope Montana or Rice don't get the cover, cause they might have an off year.

I didn't say anything about the curse having an effect, so don't sarcastically you're right me. I'm saying the majority of voters are aware of the madden curse, many of them believe in it, so if they are haters they are going to hate by picking someone they hope gets affected.

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anything about the curse having an effect, so don't sarcastically you're right me. I'm saying the majority of voters are aware of the madden curse, many of them believe in it, so if they are haters they are going to hate by picking someone they hope gets affected.

Not a hater obviously but your sentiment is correct. The reason why I didn't vote for Kap but did vote for Wilson

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll sarcastic anyone I want. Wanna fight about it?

But seriously, I just don't believe in curses, and even if the curse was real, what would happen to a retired player? Maybe a record would be broken, but this is pro sports, and all records will fall eventually.... it's just math.

EDIT: Well, maybe not some of the crazy old school MLB records, but that is because the game is so different than it ever was before back in the dead ball era.

EDIT2: And of all the Madden players/NFL fans I know, most don't actually believe in the curse. Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong crowds. Not saying I'm special or smart, just saying I've always thought of the curse as a media thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll sarcastic anyone I want. Wanna fight about it?

But seriously, I just don't believe in curses, and even if the curse was real, what would happen to a retired player? Maybe a record would be broken, but this is pro sports, and all records will fall eventually.... it's just math.

EDIT: Well, maybe not some of the crazy old school MLB records, but that is because the game is so different than it ever was before back in the dead ball era.

EDIT2: And of all the Madden players/NFL fans I know, most don't actually believe in the curse. Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong crowds. Not saying I'm special or smart, just saying I've always thought of the curse as a media thing.

I don't believe in curses either, but the conversation of it comes up every time a new madden is released, so obviously people are aware of the idea. Sports fans believe the shirt they wear on game day effects the outcome of games. There is never any real logic behind sport superstitions, but that never changes anything either.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe in curses either, but the conversation of it comes up every time a new madden is released, so obviously people are aware of the idea. Sports fans believe the shirt they wear on game day effects the outcome of games. There is never any real logic behind sport superstitions, but that never changes anything either.

Umm it doesn't???? :wtf2::omg:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is exactly my point, as it is all hype. ESPN always brings up the "curse" as a way to fill time. Heck, now the vote for the Madden cover is being done by ESPN, so they can fill time 2x over. I've just honestly never really seen anyone take the curse seriously in my life except for on the internet & on TV, so it has made me jaded. Sure, it is a fun talking point, but most instances of the "Madden curse" seem pretty easily explained IMO.

And c'mon, everyone knows that wearing your lucky jersey/t-shirt on gameday is science. My Steve Young jersey has (mostly) never done me wrong. Jerseys are a different story! hahaha.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured Kap would lose but damnit didn't want Wilson in. I'm thinking Peterson vs Montana in the finals now.