• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Machado Sweepstakes - Goes Where?

Where Will he go?

• Stay in Baltimore

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yankees

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Cubs

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Dodgers

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Red Sox

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other - State team

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. Whoever gets him is going to get 1 heck of a player. I doubt he goes to the Yankees though.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles still going in the complete wrong direction and most certainly won't be keeping him... So where does he go?

Choose your pick and explain why
this has dombrowski written all over it

send them devers and whatever you need

give us machado and britton

this team NEEDS those 2 pieces to compete with houston and NY.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see the Yanks moving their young guys so went with the cubs but honestly id only do that if you can lock him up long term first . Russell hasn't been great but in not inclined to lose him for 2 years to get Machado for 3 months . Cubs system took a beating with the Chapman trade so it's not worth giving up young talent for another rental

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the Red Sox just need to acquire another oft-injured reliever...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One year rental and give up all that much?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year rental and give up all that much?
who says its a 1 year rental?

sox have deep pockets.

id prefer to see if devers develops but hey...if it lands machado?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sox have deep pockets.

Think Devers as the big piece could bring Machado

But I think they see Britton as a guy that can bring big pieces, so doubt Sox can get Both, especially since it would cost the Sox or Yanks more being the Orioles hate us a lot

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Devers as the big piece could bring Machado

But I think they see Britton as a guy that can bring big pieces, so doubt Sox can get Both, especially since it would cost the Sox or Yanks more being the Orioles hate us a lot
tyler thornburg is getting his ass kicked in AA and AAA. 14 games, 5.56 ERA. no help coming internally.
if the yanks are going aftert harper in an upcoming offseason, sox need to go after machado IMO. get him now, work out a deal later. hes a boras guy. dombo has worked with boras before with success.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose others for Rockies. I don't really believe it, but wouldn't that be nice?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tyler thornburg is getting his ass kicked in AA and AAA. 14 games, 5.56 ERA. no help coming internally.
if the yanks are going aftert harper in an upcoming offseason, sox need to go after machado IMO. get him now, work out a deal later. hes a boras guy. dombo has worked with boras before with success.

Can't imagine the Yanks go after Harper unless they could unload Stanton on the Dodgers

Kelvin Herrera, Brad Hand

Think the Astros and Sox are gonna battle for those 2

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sox have deep pockets.

Just wondering if the Red Sox truly would do that (extend him)... Yes the Red Sox have deep pockets but aren't they worried about the Luxury tax? Highly doubt Machado would want to come to Boston but you never truly know.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if the Red Sox truly would do that (extend him)... Yes the Red Sox have deep pockets but aren't they worried about the Luxury tax? Highly doubt Machado would want to come to Boston but you never truly know.

ortiz is gone

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, time to kick the tires with Thornburg... He isn't going to work with the Red Sox. Dombrowski has worked with them before but wouldn't they have to give some prospects and possibly Devers or someone else? Do the Red Sox even have enough prospects to get it done?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I choose the Yankees just because I always think they will be in on big name players... But Cashman and company have been smarter now so they might not even make an offer....

next choice would be the Cubs....

Imagine.... Rizzo, Bryant, Machado in a line-up together!

Now that's what I' saying......The Cubs have a nice core of young players that will be around for awhile.....Adding anotheryoung player in Machado to the mix still makes them a WS contender for quite awhile.

If he goes to the Yankees or Cardinals,Im' gonna hurl.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with this... Their offense is
I can't see Baltimore trading him within the division, so no to the Red Sox and Yankees. The Cubs have been talking a lot about getting him, but why when you have Russell and Bryant and Rizzo already? The dodgers just got Turner back and that kid that was playing 3rd in his absence is good enough that they don't need him either.

So I went with the Nationals, and a bonus for Machado of staying in the same general area.

Addison Russels bat is no where near Mannys......Machados bat would almost make the Cubs the NL WS representatives......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that trades for him this summer

He is absolutely getting traded, and no team is giving up whats required without the intent to sign him, if they dont do so before a trade is struck

I think that team will be the Phillies, they are in big spend mode and are so starving for the one big ticket, face of the franchise player

Id list the Cubs next, but I dont think Addison Russell is anything more than a throw in to get that deal done, he is not by any means a centerpiece to that magnitude a deal

Than the Dodgers, but I have no idea if Seager is a guy they could slide to 3rd, cause im a believer that Machado has no intention of going back to 3rd

By the small chance he hits Free Agency, he will land in Boston, they sign everyone, and hitting $300 mill in payroll is nothing for the organization that has spent decades whining over Yankee spending

From what I watched last night on ESPN,there would be a couple of minor league pitchers to go along with the deal........js