• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch tells Turkish TV he was expecting the ball...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch needs to be reminded that they gave the ball to him 5x's this season at the 1 yard line and he only got in 1 of those times...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks really had something against Lynch and didn't want him to be the SB MVP or take any glory away from RW, then why haven't they cut him? Why are they talking about offering him a new contract that purportedly will pay him 200% what he's currently scheduled to make? It's just goofy.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bump in pay is going to be a mistake. Not because of attitude or desire to play, but because he isn't going to last it through the season. I think the guy is really messed up and this is the year he falls off the cliff.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bump in pay is going to be a mistake. Not because of attitude or desire to play, but because he isn't going to last it through the season. I think the guy is really messed up and this is the year he falls off the cliff.

Agree... His wear and tear scares me... I don't see him making it through the season, nor having anywhere close to the number's were accustomed to him seeing... His back problem last season is a red flag... Yes, he endured it last season, by taking off plays, etc but will he be able to endure it again this season? Who knows...

I think a bigger question is, what are the team's plan with Christian Michael? He'll be going into his 3rd season and we don't have much of a sample size... Does the team believe he can be an effective, every down back? We spent a 2nd round pick on the guy and haven't utilized him very much...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Turbin's response to Lynch's comments when asked about it...

"It's not the first time ... you're in a goal-line situation, you run the ball and you throw on second down. I mean, it's a strategy. It happens all the time. Plenty of teams have done it. I've seen it on film, just watching live games," he said. "Certain coaches and teams scheme that way, and as a team we believed the scheme. Nobody's trying to lose a football game, especially the Super Bowl. Every call that's made, you have to believe and trust in the call and believe that you're going to execute and get the job done. We did, and the Patriots were fortunate enough to make a play."

Turbin added: "There's been plenty of games where teams have thrown the ball in that situation and scored game-winning touchdowns, and then there were games where the defense made a play. That's the game, that's the game we play."

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Turbin's response to Lynch's comments when asked about it...
One of the best responses about that play i've seen. Probably THE best player response.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why this is such a big deal. I'd prefer him to expect to get the ball and then not get it than for him not to expect it and have his number called. Who as a star player doesn't expect to get the ball?
Exactly what I was thinking. If he wasn't thinking that, then there is a problem.