• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers v. Seahawks III - Wildcard Round

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI, Football Outlsiders called the Seattle game "Purdy's worst game since his first start against Tampa Bay over a month ago."

Of course, FO also said that "Purdy hasn't been challenged to a significant extent yet" as though the Dolphins didn't bring all kinds of exotic pressure looks at him.

"No scheme in the league is better at getting receivers running wide-open. And Purdy, to his credit, has been finding those receivers and making the right decision week after week. He has also excelled at extending plays, giving his receivers time to find the holes and gain that separation."

Last edited:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking on The Rich Eisen Show, ESPN analyst Louis Riddick shared an unpopular opinion: the Seattle Seahawks are going to win the division in 2023.

Despite the 49ers' sporting a strong roster, as well as head coach Kyle Shanahan, Riddick has his reservations about the quarterback position, while the Seahawks have a stable option in Geno Smith, who they extended on a three-year, $105 million deal this offseason.

"I love Kyle Shanahan as much as anybody, but [...] we don't know who the quarterback's going to be for them," Riddick said. "And we don't know how it's going to work out. People still believe no matter what Geno Smith did last year, it's like 'well it's Geno Smith. A broken clock can be right twice a day. He just got lucky last year, it just worked out for him.' They don't believe!"

With the quarterback issues that the 49ers face, Riddick believes the NFC West is open for the taking, projecting the Seahawks higher than other analysts, as he did last season.

"That division is wide open," Riddick said. "It's right there for them to take this year, and then go on and really get on a run. The team was a year ahead last year, and I thought last year they were a playoff-caliber wild card type of team when I saw them in the preseason and went out there for training camp. And people said, 'You need to find a new job, because analyzing football isn't the job for you. There's no way Seattle's gonna be that good, they'll be a top-5 drafting team.'

True Brock Purdy is coming off a big injury to his throwing arm, so we "don't who the QB is"? I'll agree Seattle has had two strong drafts and are a good team. Don't agree the NFC West is wide open, it'll be the 49ers with Seattle on their heels.

If it weren't for Seattle sandwiched between the Eagles, i'd feel more confident with the 2nd game. However, we are and we could easily see a "let down" after the Eagles game. That said, at least split with Seattle and we should win the NFC West.

The #1 seed in thge NFC Conference could easily come down to tie breakers, so we have to start better than 3-5 and 3-4.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking on The Rich Eisen Show, ESPN analyst Louis Riddick shared an unpopular opinion: the Seattle Seahawks are going to win the division in 2023.

Despite the 49ers' sporting a strong roster, as well as head coach Kyle Shanahan, Riddick has his reservations about the quarterback position, while the Seahawks have a stable option in Geno Smith, who they extended on a three-year, $105 million deal this offseason.

"I love Kyle Shanahan as much as anybody, but [...] we don't know who the quarterback's going to be for them," Riddick said. "And we don't know how it's going to work out. People still believe no matter what Geno Smith did last year, it's like 'well it's Geno Smith. A broken clock can be right twice a day. He just got lucky last year, it just worked out for him.' They don't believe!"

With the quarterback issues that the 49ers face, Riddick believes the NFC West is open for the taking, projecting the Seahawks higher than other analysts, as he did last season.

"That division is wide open," Riddick said. "It's right there for them to take this year, and then go on and really get on a run. The team was a year ahead last year, and I thought last year they were a playoff-caliber wild card type of team when I saw them in the preseason and went out there for training camp. And people said, 'You need to find a new job, because analyzing football isn't the job for you. There's no way Seattle's gonna be that good, they'll be a top-5 drafting team.'

True Brock Purdy is coming off a big injury to his throwing arm, so we "don't who the QB is"? I'll agree Seattle has had two strong drafts and are a good team. Don't agree the NFC West is wide open, it'll be the 49ers with Seattle on their heels.

If it weren't for Seattle sandwiched between the Eagles, i'd feel more confident with the 2nd game. However, we are and we could easily see a "let down" after the Eagles game. That said, at least split with Seattle and we should win the NFC West.

The #1 seed in thge NFC Conference could easily come down to tie breakers, so we have to start better than 3-5 and 3-4.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Despite the poor showing on yesterday, still think its the 49ers in the West. Do need to start off better than 3-4, and split against Seattle at minimum. If start off 3-5 then thats a LOT of "must win" later against Seattle-Eagles-Seattle. So much that even if we get thru and make the play-offs (Wildcard), not enough "mojo" will be left.

Seattle is coming up but don't think high enough this season.