• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch tells Turkish TV he was expecting the ball...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he has a right to say it. Of course he does. Just about everybody agrees with it, after all.

But everybody agrees with it, so why would he feel an urge to say it a month later when professionals on the team are trying to put together a new team? It was a tough loss, and it's time to move along if there's any hope to try to pull the team together this offseason and prepare for another tough season in 2015/16.

His choice to spout this off now will just add more tension to an already tense lockerroom situation.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ONLY part of the interview, but of course it's going to be the only thing people read or talk about.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it better when Lynch wasn't speaking to the media.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lynch had been a bad boy and was not suppose to win mvp.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it better when Lynch wasn't speaking to the media.

me too.

besides fueling his own ego, all that going there does is add more drama where there's already plenty. i'm a little disappointed, i must say.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too.

besides fueling his own ego, all that going there does is add more drama where there's already plenty. i'm a little disappointed, i must say.

If Marshawn's goal is to fuel his ego, why would he avoid the media? Methinks you conjecture a bit.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marshawn's goal is to fuel his ego, why would he avoid the media? Methinks you conjecture a bit.
it's the one time he has actually talked to media of any kind in a month, actually, and it was a statement that did nothing but fuel his own ego.

there's no way around that. seahawks fans who disagree just support the idea that we're a bunch of football dilettantes up here.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was a supporter of lynch's media choices for a long time, even getting hammerdown all pissy with me for his relentless attacks on the guy, but he's starting to rub me the wrong way now.

if he keeps it up, even his most brain-dead, he-can-do-no-wrong supporters will get fed up eventually.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why this is such a big deal. I'd prefer him to expect to get the ball and then not get it than for him not to expect it and have his number called. Who as a star player doesn't expect to get the ball?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the one time he has actually talked to media of any kind in a month, actually, and it was a statement that did nothing but fuel his own ego.

there's no way around that. seahawks fans who disagree just support the idea that we're a bunch of football dilettantes up here.
I merely think if Marshawn is trying to fuel his ego, he has had many chances to do that through the media. This is not new stuff. He has been distant towards the media for years.

Also, it is not fair to other Seahawk fans to lump them in with how I view things. No need at all to put down the fan base.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't like we went into the huddle knowing that was the last play. It was 2nd down with a TO and about 30 seconds left. Had it been a scenario where it was clearly the last play, then that's a different animal. It's not like there's some unwritten rule that that you have to run every time at the goal line.

It's fine for Lynch to expect the ball, just like it's fine for fans to expect him to convert in that situation better than 1 out of 5 times. I wonder if Lynch expected the ball at the end of the 1st half when the team went 80 yards in 0:29 to tie the game. He was on the bench.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are really jumping on him for stating the obvious? Of course he wanted the ball. You're all fine with him going out there and playing with ridiculous intensity but when he shows some frustration over a ridiculously bad play call you're going to throw him under the bus?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@!#%!@% .... I"ve been healing and now the scab came off!! YES Lynch should a got the dam ball... OK I"m off to play video games again.... pleasant thoughts, birds chirping, sun shinning ....

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone got a link to the recording of this interview?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are really jumping on him for stating the obvious? Of course he wanted the ball. You're all fine with him going out there and playing with ridiculous intensity but when he shows some frustration over a ridiculously bad play call you're going to throw him under the bus?

I don't think anyone is upset about him thinking he would get the ball. Its the implication of some kind of conspiracy against him that irks me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is upset about him thinking he would get the ball. Its the implication of some kind of conspiracy against him that irks me.

That and some other things. Lynch is a bit entitled, doesn't seem to appreciate that his career was saved by the Seahawks, doesn't seem to except the pecking order a QB and RB have, seems to want to bite the hand that feeds him. Love his on field effort and all, but man he really is starting to get full of himself IMO. Also seems like he's really caring about his "brand" lately. A lot of red flags IMO.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ridiculous that he thinks the staff didn't want him to be the "Face of the Nation"... If I remember correctly, they handed the ball off to him the previous play... I think we're seeing why he shouldn't be talking to the media... He's awful at it...

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This part?

"I had no problem with the decision of the play calling. I mean, you know, I think it was more of a ... how do I say this? When you look at me, and you let me run that ball in, I am the face of the nation. You know, MVP of the Super Bowl, that's pretty much the face of the nation at that point of time."

This is stupid. There was buzz about this after the game also. If this had any truth.....why would they have even let Lynch run on first down?